College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

4 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Temple at East Carolina is a strong contender for worst matchup of the week. ECU is in purple/black/black and Temple is in black/white/black. Double BFBS. 

I thought the same thing after watching it for about 45 seconds.......

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today’s Oregon combo looks really sharp in this video:

The colors of the different uniform pieces definitely match better in the more natural lighting, and, as I’ve previously said, the wing pattern is clearly black and the same as last season, and this video really helps to show that. I even think these white cleats don’t look quite as out of place as the ones in the release pictures, mainly because the cleats in this video, and pretty much all of the other Doernbecher cleat models, have significantly more yellow and silver on them than the ones used for the release images.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yep, Sooners look bad in mono red. REALLY hate the collar. Anyone else dislike the WF logo on Wake Forest helmet today v Clemson? I hate that they are so boring. Gimme the Deacon!

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

As I suspected, USC/Oregon State is a really nice looking game. Some may say there’s too many warm colors between USC’s crimson and gold and the Beavers’ orange pants, but I think it’s really fitting for an early October game when the leaves are just starting to change colors.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

48 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As I suspected, USC/Oregon State is a really nice looking game. Some may say there’s too many warm colors between USC’s crimson and gold and the Beavers’ orange pants, but I think it’s really fitting for an early October game when the leaves are just starting to change colors.

Oregon State has one of the best looks in college football right now.

4 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Oregon State has one of the best looks in college football right now.

I’d say their set has the potential to be one of the best in college football right now, but there are a number of small details that really bring it down a couple notches. The tapered, and in some cases excessively large helmet stripes, the awkward placement of the beaver head decals, the truncated stripes on the pants,  and the orange uniform elements not having any white are the most prevalent issues, IMO. Changing the helmet and pant stripes to regular full stripes would be a good start, and adding some white to the orange uniform elements would be the next step. Combos like today’s really do show the potential that their set has, but that potential won’t be fully realized unless they fix those issues mentioned above.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Sorry for the double post, but have these Texas State nightmares been posted? Truly appalling. 

UtjJJB2.png

That gold is horrible! RGR would have been better.  Only good bit is the number set.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, csura999 said:

Absolutely love that look for them. Wish that would become a permanent thing for 'em!

I guess having 2 face mask color options is as alternate as Wisconsin gets these days.  I miss the red helmet and pants options.

First on-field looks at the Ducks tonight:

C3FCD29C-A1CF-4918-9B2C-CE6B782F276A.thumb.jpeg.c376180325b8804b17bf8a5856094c80.jpeg

EBD05D0A-5756-4C67-AB95-A5E581537C1C.thumb.jpeg.439b3d51ac41aeb73e545017f193383b.jpeg

I may be in the minority on this, but I think they look pretty damn good. The cleats really don’t look too out of place at all, and the yellow helmets work much better with the yellow jersey/pants combo than the black helmets with yellow facemasks did last season, at least IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

First on-field looks at the Ducks tonight:

C3FCD29C-A1CF-4918-9B2C-CE6B782F276A.thumb.jpeg.c376180325b8804b17bf8a5856094c80.jpeg

EBD05D0A-5756-4C67-AB95-A5E581537C1C.thumb.jpeg.439b3d51ac41aeb73e545017f193383b.jpeg

I may be in the minority on this, but I think they look pretty damn good. The cleats really don’t look too out of place at all, and the yellow helmets work much better with the yellow jersey/pants combo than the black helmets with yellow facemasks did last season, at least IMO.

They do look good.  And very black and yellow...

On 10/6/2017 at 8:07 PM, upperV03 said:

Looks like the Huskies will indeed be going with the purple pants tomorrow, at least according to these images their recruiting account posted earlier today on twitter:

248805D8-EEA1-47BE-8A3F-89913B55574C.thumb.jpeg.2939f7a6e13b6ca247a8c954c42165e9.jpegF1BF44AC-3CF5-4651-B237-DD023789C8D0.thumb.jpeg.0ffc1e1fc76c657408c74032407338b5.jpeg

Previously when they’ve posted images like these, they’ve shown the uniform combo for the games, so it should be a sign of what they’re wearing tomorrow.

The black in this uniform looks too forced.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived