gek_6

Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

809 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:
13 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Anyone seen the new sideline hats? Those are still full price everywhere but can't really stick around with the black outline. I hope they keep the grey crowns and blue brims...

Screenshot_2017-05-09-20-43-22.png

I dont think thats the new sideline cap. That cap is a lids.com exclusive, doesn't say  anything about new for this year or sideline cap. The only hats i've seen released are the draft hats. 

Could explain the black outline. Although the same cap, with the new Honolulu blue and blue outline would be pretty nice. 

Or better yet, without the blue outline.  Put the primary logo on the cap, not the helmet logo.

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Or better yet, without the blue outline.  Put the primary logo on the cap, not the helmet logo.

True lol

The new hats do have the logo sans black.  Looks like double blue for the light colors and silver for the blue merchandise:

QteAghs.png

That chrome blows

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

That chrome blows

I must have the unpopular opinion - I have a couple hats (not those above) with the chrome logos.  I like them.  

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I must have the unpopular opinion - I have a couple hats (not those above) with the chrome logos.  I like them.  

I kinda like the look.  But I don't think I would wear one.  Maybe I can't pull it off.

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I kinda like the look.  But I don't think I would wear one.  Maybe I can't pull it off.

same here. i like it for other people, but not my style

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

I dont think thats the new sideline cap. That cap is a lids.com exclusive, doesn't say  anything about new for this year or sideline cap. The only hats i've seen released are the draft hats. 

Could explain the black outline. Although the same cap, with the new Honolulu blue and blue outline would be pretty nice. 

It is not the new one, I own it since a while. It has been the sideline hat since New Era took over but the weird thing is the fact that it's still full price everywhere. That's why I asked if anyone had seen next year's version.

14 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

It is not the new one, I own it since a while. It has been the sideline hat since New Era took over but the weird thing is the fact that it's still full price everywhere. That's why I asked if anyone had seen next year's version.

Probably will come out in June/July.  Athlon's NFL preview magazine usually had pictures of them (though maybe not last year) and that is published in early June.

1 person likes this

Some views of the helmet and new font on practice jerseys...

tempLION3404--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

tempLION3210--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

tempLION3919--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Are they sewing the numbers on their practice jerseys?

tempLION2903--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

tempLION2985--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Does the helmet logo look slightly smaller?

tempLION3407--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

1 person likes this

They kind of look like a high school team who's using the Lions logo. I think it's the striping that's throwing me off. It doesn't really feel like the actual Lions yet. 

6 people like this

I really like the new helmet and font.

3 people like this

The white outline on the logo, where white ISN'T used on the helmet stripes, really grinds my gears.

10 people like this

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

The white outline on the logo, where white ISN'T used on the helmet stripes, really grinds my gears.

I'm with you. I really don't get why they didn't insert white in between the stripes. 

Nike is always doing things like that. Either their new uniforms are unbelievably terrible (Bucs, Browns, Jags) or they're pretty good and on the road to perfect, but with one or two inexplicable decisions that makes you go "ooo almost had it" (Vikings, Lions, Dolphins). Since taking over for the NFL they haven't unrolled a new look that I'd give an A. A few F's, D's, and then A-'s and B+'s.

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I really like the new helmet and font.

I like the font, too, which I'm kind of surprised by.  I usual despise italicized fonts, on most sports uniforms, but especially in football.  I don't know why this one works for me.

The two different grays on the numbers  of the blue jersey are tricking my eyes into thinking the lighter gray is actually white, and the darker gray is the normal color.  

And I like the font too.  

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Does the helmet logo look slightly smaller?

tempLION3407--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Don't think so. The only true profile is of Laken Tomlinson, who's a massive, big-headed human. The second image has a near-profile, but that player is wearing one of the new, cartoonishly large helmets.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The two different grays on the numbers  of the blue jersey are tricking my eyes into thinking the lighter gray is actually white, and the darker gray is the normal color.  

And I like the font too.  

Me too... that's been happening to me since I first saw this uniform.  If I hadn't been told the numbers were silver trimmed in dark gray, there's no way I wouldn't just assume they're white trimmed in silver.

2 people like this

17 hours ago, McCarthy said:

They kind of look like a high school team who's using the Lions logo. I think it's the striping that's throwing me off. It doesn't really feel like the actual Lions yet. 

The Lions have been like a high school team using the Lions logo for years.

8 people like this

I really, really dig this new helmet and I'm actually glad they left out the white in the stripes. It's already good northwestern stripe on its own.