Here are a few of my favorite uniforms from the NHL. There is a uniforms I like that aren't very popular so I won't post all of them.

image_5.jpeg

I loved the Sharks first Edge set, wished they never changed them.

image_3.jpeg

I loved this Canadiens jersey wished it would have stayed over the last 70 odd years.

image_4.jpeg

I thought the thrashers had some pretty good jersey. I liked their red alternate the most, but I'm probably the only one on this forum who likes it.image_7.jpeg

I never cared for the Whalers in Green, but I loved their final uniform in blue.

05C352D1-10C4-46CD-8E27-3DE5195CB8E2.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

There's the faux-shoulder yoke, the lack of hem stripes, the front numbers, one of the worst logos in all of professional sports on the shoulder, and to top it off, they used a tie-down collar to make it "vintage"...

The only thing I really dislike about that set is the front numbers. The shoulder patch was bad, but I could live with it. And in some cases, the fake yoke works. This is one of them. With Minnesota, it doesn't, because it's the primary focus of the jersey.

3 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

The only thing I really dislike about that set is the front numbers. The shoulder patch was bad, but I could live with it. And in some cases, the fake yoke works. This is one of them. With Minnesota, it doesn't, because it's the primary focus of the jersey.

I can't think of one instance where the fake yoke actually works... The Wild look worse because of it... The Islanders looked worse, the Hurricanes looked worse, The Ducks look worse, the Hersey Bears look worse, the Iowa Wild look worse, The Adirondack Thunder look worse... 

I don't mean to bash your opinion, or seem rude, but the faux-yoke doesn't work... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

16 hours ago, worcat said:

Unpopular opinion: You will likely see about 1/4 (maybe even higher) of fans wearing these jerseys at Scottrade. That's saying alot since most people hate on this uniform. 

brett-hull-and-wayne-gretzky-of-the-st-l

I have several of these in my collection but I will say that the current set is the best in the Blues set.

wire-101487-1487700249-491_634x471.jpg

I actually love that first jersey, I know most people will hate the jerseys because they have that ridiculous 90's ascetic that so many teams had. It was a very distinguishing jersey on TV, which I feel we have a lack of sometimes. I like the second jersey but the blue has always in my opinion needed tuning.

Also, the newer jerseys have no red!

4 hours ago, BenLueckDesigns said:

These make my mouth water every time I see them

459998139.jpg

I like them but as a die hard fan they bug me. Faux jerseys can always go one way or another. The cream color is pretty ugly in person and the stripes are really strange for a team like the red wings. It's as untraditional as you can get for a team like the red wings, which is why some people liked it.  I wish they would just bring back the 75th anniversary jersey for outdoor games and do away with all these faux-throwback jerseys.

One of my favorite jerseys is the Teemu Selanne-era Jets jerseys. The white red and blue just mesh really well together. Perhaps the pants are a little odd but the jersey by itself is really solid.

xxx-98170447.jpg

10 hours ago, fl00dsm0k3 said:

Here are a few of my favorite uniforms from the NHL. There is a uniforms I like that aren't very popular so I won't post all of them.

image_5.jpeg

I loved the Sharks first Edge set, wished they never changed them.

Im starting to agree with this, especially compared to the current set. These had the front numbers and that's all that really brought them down. 

16 hours ago, worcat said:

Unpopular opinion: You will likely see about 1/4 (maybe even higher) of fans wearing these jerseys at Scottrade. That's saying alot since most people hate on this uniform. 

brett-hull-and-wayne-gretzky-of-the-st-l

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say its because they're so ugly.

There's a similar effect here in Vancouver with the Flying V's. They're universally ridiculed for being so garish, yet you see a tonne of them at games and just around the city. Its like they have a cult following.

9 hours ago, BenLueckDesigns said:

These make my mouth water every time I see them

459998139.jpg

Does anyone know what that logo on their breezers is? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

I actually love that first jersey, I know most people will hate the jerseys because they have that ridiculous 90's ascetic that so many teams had. It was a very distinguishing jersey on TV, which I feel we have a lack of sometimes. I like the second jersey but the blue has always in my opinion needed tuning.

Also, the newer jerseys have no red!

I honestly don't think the Blues will ever bring red back into their color palette. Stranger things have happened though

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The diagonal-stripe Blues jerseys would have been fine if yellow had been the secondary color instead of red. Keep red as a tertiary color throughout and it's fine enough as far as '90s fare goes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, Solaris said:

One of my favorite jerseys is the Teemu Selanne-era Jets jerseys. The white red and blue just mesh really well together. Perhaps the pants are a little odd but the jersey by itself is really solid.

xxx-98170447.jpg

I love the striping on this set. The Jets 2.0 should use this striping pattern.

The best the Flames have ever looked in my opinion.  The striping is classy, the black "C" was fresh and they just look great on the ice. 

ZDdMC6F.jpg

The word "modern classic" gets thrown around a lot on here but this, in my opinion, is airtight example.  The mountain-range striping is ingenious, the colours are perfect and logo says everything it needs to.  It also contains one of the more ingenious shoulder patches ever created.  Its derogatorily referred to as a foot, when it actually represents a footprint in the snow.  I love how the shimmer thread mimics the way snow sparkles and If you think I'm reaching, explain why the actual snow on the primary logo is lined with the same material.  Perfect uniform with the 'Glacier-Twill' being the icing on the cake.

VdxaiaT.jpg

Another modern classic from the 90's.  I am confident the Panthers will never look this good again.

j4NUGK7.jpg

The Ducks hit out of the park with this one.  The subtle nod the teams original striping is brilliant and the logo looks great in the updated colours.

uz9QdeQ.jpg

The colour scheme alone warrants the inclusion of this underrated gem.  Just look at how those colours pop.  The recoloured-orca looks great and so does the traditional striping.

uyNC5Ql.jpg

Beautiful, classy and unique.  Blows the =O= out of the water.

1Es8P9G.jpg

Archived