2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Argos' navy helmet with the single stripe, large logo, and navy mask is one of my Top-5 CFL helmets of all time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

43 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is Toronto's midfield logo a digital image?

Looks like it.  I just saw it flicker.  And when they show the endzone cam, there is no midfield logo.

On 6/26/2017 at 1:34 PM, HailGoldPants said:

Did anyone else notice that the Argos got rid of the tapered helmet stripe?  (I did spot one player that still had it though.)

Argo2.JPG

Argo1.JPG

The Argos' wordmark looks like the same font as the Blue Jays, but without the split.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is Columbia blue a hard color to make on decals? Watching the Toronto/BC game and the Argos' "Columbia blue" decals look like the shade of blue the Carolina Panthers use. Definitely a darker shade than true Columbia blue.

And it's not just them. I've seen the same thing at all levels of football.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is Toronto's midfield logo a digital image?

Yeah. 

Im at the game right now. There's no logo painted at midfield. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Not the best pic ever. But that's the middle of the field. 

IMG_0660.JPG

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

37 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

Argos going will the all navy look today against BC. BC still wearing whatever you want to call those

A live action pic. (And I'll stop spamming this thread) 

IMG_0659.JPG

I don't see reason for 2 helmets (white helmet for away, and color for home; sans alternates). Just have one helmet.  Yes it's probably for marketing and/or trying to make the team stand out, but in my opinion, it's futile.

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is Columbia blue a hard color to make on decals? Watching the Toronto/BC game and the Argos' "Columbia blue" decals look like the shade of blue the Carolina Panthers use. Definitely a darker shade than true Columbia blue.

And it's not just them. I've seen the same thing at all levels of football.

I know our decal supplier just recently added a more true Columbia blue because of a local high school team's demands, but I think it has more to do with teams accepting their previous offerings as "good enough", because it's as simple as giving them a pantone color.. He doesn't have the Citadel or UNC's business, and both of those teams use a much better Columbia blue than our supplier previously offered, but again, it's a simple matter of printing ink on a clear vinyl decal, so pretty much any color is possible.. 

The Argos are so close yet so far. The helmet stripe doesn't match the jersey, and neither quite match the pants (and that dopey tapered stripe). Pick a lane and unify the stripes and they'd have a top-tier NFL look, let alone the clown-show that are the CFL uniforms. 

On 6/30/2017 at 8:25 PM, mr.negative15 said:

Not the best pic ever. But that's the middle of the field. 

IMG_0660.JPG

Funny that they went with digital logos on screen. But the sponsors want their money. The NFL did this for the London games last year so I'm not surprised to see it happen here. TFC has the final say on what the Argos can do to the field during the season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Funny that they went with digital logos on screen. But the sponsors want their money. The NFL did this for the London games last year so I'm not surprised to see it happen here. TFC has the final say on what the Argos can do to the field during the season.

Seems like a painted logo could be washed out pretty quick though.  

Archived