(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

Good on ya Preds. No matter who you get in the WCF, I'll be rooting for ya.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Caps lose tomorrow night, I'm jumping on the Nashville bandwagon. I'd love to see them go all the way. I'd love to see how the Canadian analysts struggle to come up with a reason as to why the Preds' success wasn't down to "not a good ol' boy" P.K. Subban. 

spacer.png

Well... Edmonton has blown a 5-goal lead to a Southern California team at home once before... so...

idk, I'm grasping.

Going into a 5th year of this nonsense.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hahahahahahaha

hahaha

ha

ha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That's it, Blues. I'm done with you once and for all....until next year when you pull me back in and we do this all over again. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who actually care to do this every year. 

Anyway, has anyone thought to tell the Anaheim Ducks that they are, in fact, allowed to win a series in 6 games? 

BB52Big.jpg

I get what the analyst (Brian Boucher?) is saying about keep showing fight and not quitting on this game...but if I'm coaching Anaheim, I'm limiting the ice time of my key guys the rest of the night and save some gas for Game 7.

Just now, HedleyLamarr said:

I get what the analyst (Brian Boucher?) is saying about keep showing fight and not quitting on this game...but if I'm coaching Anaheim, I'm limiting the ice time of my key guys the rest of the night and save some gas for Game 7.

Have you watched the Ducks play a game seven in the past few years? If I'm coaching Anaheim, I think "what's the point?" and quit and go home after this game.  B)

BB52Big.jpg

So, NBC's Nashville affiliate shared a story that claimed the Preds were headed to the Stanley Cup Finals.

*shakes head*

I guess it's good to have stories, like this. If only to remind us that, while the Preds have come a long way, towards building a real fanbase, we've got a way to go, to being a "real" hockey town.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/predators-fans-stanley-cup-final-nbc-station-wsmv-western-conference-nhl

Screenshot_2017-05-07-19-08-33.png

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Have you watched the Ducks play a game seven in the past few years? If I'm coaching Anaheim, I think "what's the point?" and quit and go home after this game.  B)

I understand the history, but 2017 isn't 2016, isn't 2015, etc.  Different team.

So happy Subban is off to the Conference Finals!!! Go Preds Go!

Secretly, Marc Bergevin is uncomfortably following this series, as he watches his entire reputation get flushed down the toilet.

Archived