(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

7 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Caps AND Ducks playing game 7's at home on the same night?

Well well well- this oughta be something.

You know I'm pulling for the Oilers, but I could stomach a Ducks win just to see if it would break you.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to join the chorus that says Washington wins the Cup if they win tomorrow night. This has been their biggest bugaboo - gettng out of the 2nd round, and, especially, against Pittsburgh. They've already done something not many of us would've expected by forcing Game 7 from 3-1 down. They've put nine past Fleury in the last four periods after Fleury had been a brickwall previous to that. Burakovsky has done an outstanding job with Oshie and Backstrom up top, and this has freed up Ovechkin down on the 3rd line as well. Washington, Game 2 aside, has been the better team this entire series. It really is time for them to conquer Pittsburgh once and for all.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

This is a chance for Washington to exorcise almost three decades of heartbreak against Pittsburgh. If the Caps win; they're going all the way.

They could triumph over the Penguins. But the risk is that they could use up all their fuel to take down Crosby and the Penguins, enter the Conference Finals out of gas, and suffer a quick exit.

Who predicted that Nashville and Ottawa would be in the conference finals? If you did, you're probably lying. At least there's the excitement of seeing different teams in contention.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Nice job by the Senators. I would be lying if I didn't think that they should've drawn the Penguins or Jackets in the first round. NBC is probably sad their beloved Rangers are done.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

5 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Nice job by the Senators. I would be lying if I didn't think that they should've drawn the Penguins or Jackets in the first round. NBC is probably sad their beloved Rangers are done.

They may be sad, but I'm not.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Even as an American, I don't give a rip what NBC wants; I think it'd be awesome to get an all-Canada Final. I've never seen one in my lifetime. I think it'd be exciting to watch.

If not though, then I'll take Nashville getting there. I've always been a huge Subban fan.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Even as an American, I don't give a rip what NBC wants; I think it'd be awesome to get an all-Canada Final. I've never seen one in my lifetime. I think it'd be exciting to watch.

If not though, then I'll take Nashville getting there. I've always been a huge Subban fan.

I hate network/league narratives, I'd welcome a Canada vs. Canada final as well, even though I'm also American. It seems as though #SunBeltHockey teams have been given pretty favorable calls in this year's playoffs, and I love it when teams overcome adversity and poor officiating as if to spit in the face of said narratives. (All this talk about "growing the game" and putting/keeping teams where no one wants them and you go show the same 7-8 teams. Bra-vo, NHL and NBC.) Granted, a lot of that has to do with St. Louis (my most-liked team to even make this year's playoffs) being eliminated, but I'll go with it.

As for the Canadian teams remaining, I'd say that I have a slight preference for Edmonton (I like the Alberta teams and Winnipeg the most as far as Canadian teams go), but it would be incredible to see them and/or Ottawa knock off either Anaheim, Nashville, and Pittsburgh/Washington to meet each other in the Finals. But I'd would be happy for PK Subban and the Preds making the Finals.

I'm also not mentioning the anyone-but team but telling you that they're in the East should be all the information that you need to know.

Prediction for tonight:

Penguins 4 (15 shots)

Capitals 1 (45 shots)

There will be a bad offsides review that takes forever and still gets the whole thing wrong. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't really want any of these teams to win of course, yet it would probably be for the best if the Oilers did win.  I think the NHL  (while not nearly like the NBA is so dependent on) is a bit better when its best players win.  I'd say that's true to different degrees of all leagues - if Mike Trout can't sniff a title after 20yrs in MLB, there's something missing.  Different degrees of course because a Dan Marino is much more magnified in the NFL universe.

If the Senators were to win, which another 2 rounds is a tall task, unsure how healthy Karlsson really is, they could easily save their parade for July 1 Canada 150 crowds downtown.

This very second I think I still have to predict the Ducks will win it all.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

I don't really want any of these teams to win of course, yet it would probably be for the best if the Oilers did win.  I think the NHL  (while not nearly like the NBA is so dependent on) is a bit better when its best players win.  I'd say that's true to different degrees of all leagues - if Mike Trout can't sniff a title after 20yrs in MLB, there's something missing.  Different degrees of course because a Dan Marino is much more magnified in the NFL universe.

If the Senators were to win, which another 2 rounds is a tall task, unsure how healthy Karlsson really is, they could easily save their parade for July 1 Canada 150 crowds downtown.

This very second I think I still have to predict the Ducks will win it all.

If the Ducks win tonight, they win it all regardless of SCF opponent. With Crosby at full strength, I'd say the Pens would beat them, but he's obviously hurt.

If the Oilers win tonight, they will lose to the Preds, who will lose to the winner of PIT/WAS in the SCF. 

sig.png

3 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

If the Ducks win tonight, they win it all regardless of SCF opponent.

And that's assuming they can make it past Nashville. Maybe things will go differently this time, but I don't have high hopes.

...And that's assuming we make it past this Game 7.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived