2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Cincinnati wears white at home in the preseason for their first home game. Week 2 is going to be their second home game, they'll be in black.

Last year the Rams wore blue pants both times on the road. I think the LA Rams will wear blue pants white their white jerseys when they play Oakland.

The Jaguars wear white at home for one of their preseason home games in recent years, but not last year though.

Is the Browns wearing brown based on Cleveland wearing them last year against Chicago?

1) Per the Panthers website, they are wearing black in Jacksonville week 3. This means the Jaguars are WAH.

2) The Browns are probably wearing brown as it is their 2nd preseason home game. They followed the same pattern last year of white for preseason home game #1, then brown for preseason home game #2.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on the bucs twitter they are going red over white. Is this the first time in the redesign they wore that combo? Also, is this the first time in the redesign that they have no patches? They had the anniversary patch and the MG memorial.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

1 - Traditional uniform against traditional opponents. That makes sense.

2 - Only wearing green at home 6 times says nothing about how often we'll wear green on the road.

1 That doesn't mean they can't change it up for once. I'm sure many people would agree that they could sacrifice one divisional game one season instead of a game against a team they host once every 8 years.

2 The report didn't say anything about home or away. It just said "this season", implying that it meant 6 total times.

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

Bucs are sporting new white pants I've never seen before with red and orange striping, as a-posed to pewter and orange.

I glanced at that on my TV and I thought I was watching the Falcons. The helmets looked dark underneath the lights. 

Go A's!

6 hours ago, canzman said:

What is your source for this statement?

its on the uniform designation guide that the nfl and team equipment managers put together every year..   its for internal use only although i'm not 100% sure why its a secret. Teams at their discretion release their uniform schedule or not.  

Browns chose to wear white at home that game. Idk if the Browns announced exactly how much, but lets just say they are wearing white at home A LOT this year. There was rumor of a uniform overhaul coming maybe that has something to do with not wearing the color as much.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

6 hours ago, goforbroke said:

its on the uniform designation guide that the nfl and team equipment managers put together every year..   its for internal use only although i'm not 100% sure why its a secret.

So out of curiosity if the uniform designation guide is an internal only document how have you gotten access?

Watching he Cowboys/Rams game right now. The Rams should have just left the St. Louis era uniforms as they were until the team is ready to make the switch to royal blue and yellow. Maybe it's just my TV but the gold trim on their jerseys really stands out in a bad way. Plus changing the facemask color was a definite mistake. The horns blends in with the facemask, helmet bumper, and chinstraps in a way that takes attention away from it.

SN: Have the Rams confirmed what the uniform plan is after the opening date of the new stadium was pushed back a year? Are we waiting until 2020 now for new uniforms?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

SN: Have the Rams confirmed what the uniform plan is after the opening date of the new stadium was pushed back a year? Are we waiting until 2020 now for new uniforms?

Why are you waiting on opening a new stadium to redo uniforms and logos anyway?  Its a completely stupid reason for why a team won't change their uniforms.

The Buccaneers didn't wait until they got into Raymond James Stadium to completely blow up what they had been wearing.  Somehow, someway, they were able to do a redesign while still playing at Tampa Stadium before RJS was ready.  The Rams are being asinine (which is par for the course with that franchise).

2 hours ago, Ark said:

The Titans should wear white over Columbia every game...that is easily their best uniform.

No, they should continue to do what they do and mix-and-match.  They do look best in white over Columbia.  But its nice to wear different combos too.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

So if the Giants will be in their all white color rush uniforms what are the Cowboys going to wear?  Their color rush uniforms are all white too.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, Around the Horn said:

Probably the blue ones

I'm pretty sure this isn't a true ColroRush matchup...so the Cowboys will likely wear the navy and silver.

On 8/12/2017 at 1:56 PM, goforbroke said:

its on the uniform designation guide that the nfl and team equipment managers put together every year..   its for internal use only although i'm not 100% sure why its a secret. Teams at their discretion release their uniform schedule or not.  

Browns chose to wear white at home that game. Idk if the Browns announced exactly how much, but lets just say they are wearing white at home A LOT this year. There was rumor of a uniform overhaul coming maybe that has something to do with not wearing the color as much.

Please tell me the Browns aren't gonna be wearing white at home regularly for the next 3 years...How did you see this guide anyway?

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Please tell me the Browns aren't gonna be wearing white at home regularly for the next 3 years...How did you see this guide anyway?

It's only available on an "insiders only" basis.  I have tried contacting teams in the past for older style guides, especially from the AFL 50th anniversary teams.  On that bit, I had no luck at all.

Archived