Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2018 at 2:05 PM, DNAsports said:

It's only a matter of time before Garrett and/or Peppers find their way out of Cleveland.

What incentive do the Browns have to get rid of Myles Garrett, exactly? Most of the first-round picks who are no longer with Cleveland aren’t necessarily stars (Alex Mack perhaps non-withstanding, and even then, he played here for seven years).

---

Browns did good at the end of last week. Them going out and getting Tyrod was the single best acquisition the club could have made — the biggest thing that hurt the offense this year was the turnover rate, and Taylor’s one of the best quarterbacks of all time (perhaps to a fault) at avoiding turnovers. He’s a perfect bridge for the Browns and is a dude that will be at least an average starter that doesn’t hurt the team and gives whoever they take at No. 1 (which they should take a quarterback at No. 1) time to sit for a little while and develop, which is something Kizer desperately needed but didn’t get. Happy for the kid, who’ll get that in Green Bay.

Landry is good, too, and ought to pair well with Tyrod and Josh Gordon. Price was definitely right, and I have no issue with how much money Jimmy Haslam wants to spend (given the Browns have an exuberance of cap room right now).

They should take whichever QB they like (it should be Rosen) at No. 1, then come back with Chubb or Fitzpatrick at No. 4 and shore up the defense some. If they don’t move back into the first round, grab the running back at No. 33 — other Chubb, Jones, Guice, Michel, someone else. This class is loaded with good running backs, some of which are necessarily going to fall into the second (and probably even third) rounds. Grab a corner or other DB at No. 35, then maybe get a wideout at No. 64.

6fQjS3M.png

On 3/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, ozzyman314 said:

No, they’ll play The Patriots. 

So Garoppolo can complete the sith cycle by attempting to slay his Master. 

Triple threat match. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Triple threat match. 

I love it.

I said during this year's Superbowl that I really wanted "Mr. Money in the Bank" Matt Stafford to show up, throwing around money, then Matt Patricia officially joins the Lions and turns heel, smacking Belichick with a steel chair and taking the Lombardi trophy to Detroit.

Of course, this didn't happen. I just got to do extra work because the Eagles won.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

I love it.

I said during this year's Superbowl that I really wanted "Mr. Money in the Bank" Matt Stafford to show up, throwing around money, then Matt Patricia officially joins the Lions and turns heel, smacking Belichick with a steel chair and taking the Lombardi trophy to Detroit.

Of course, this didn't happen. I just got to do extra work because the Eagles won.

The MiTB concept would only work if the championship was defended throughout the season, kinda like the "scramble" concept.  Then Detroit could just show up in week 5 (likely their bye week) after the Eagles are beaten down after grinding out a really hard-fought 2-0 win over MIN, then Stafford hands ref Pete Morelli the briefcase and he puts 15 mins back on the clock and the Eagles get rolled by a fresh Detroit team that takes the Lombardi back to the motor city. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Bills are sitting at 12 and 22 after future trading with Cincinnati. If the Browns take a QB at 1, I think that those two picks would be a good haul for #4 overall. Maybe that's not the whole deal; high draft picks are always expensive.

Adam Schefter just reported Kirk Cousins is likely to sign with the Vikings but Cousins' agent says no deal has been made as of yet.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973582107388841984 https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/97358210738884198

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

17 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Bills are sitting at 12 and 22 after future trading with Cincinnati. If the Browns take a QB at 1, I think that those two picks would be a good haul for #4 overall. Maybe that's not the whole deal; high draft picks are always expensive.

I think it’s more likely for the Bills to move to 3 with the Colts than to 4 with the Browns — given the relative amount of draft capital each squad has, I think the Colts are more in need of adding a high volume of picks than the Browns are.

I’d rather them stay at 4 and take Chubb or Fitzpatrick after going QB at 1 than move to 12 and 22, I think.

6fQjS3M.png

32 minutes ago, Gary. said:

Arizona Sports FM are reporting that Sam Bradford has agreed to sign with the Cardinals. Supposed to sign in the upcoming days 

So Cards are going to tank when they already have the #15 pick? 

In other news, Danny "Playoff" Amendola off to Miami. 

Gonna miss that guy. Such an underrated receiver in NE scheme. Wish he went to an actual contender.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

6 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

So Cards are going to tank when they already have the #15 pick? 

In other news, Danny "Playoff" Amendola off to Miami. 

Gonna miss that guy. Such an underrated receiver in NE scheme. Wish he went to an actual contender.  

It’s taking a gamble, when he’s healthy he’s actually a good QB. It’s just when he’s healthy. I think he’s a bridge gap QB to say the least, with them going for a QB in the first round. 

But for $20 million for one year? A bit of a reach. I would’ve given him 8

I'm honestly a bit surprised $12 million with $8.25 million G. is all Amendola got. 

If he was looking for a good payout, I think he could have gotten a bit more. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived