Super Bowl LII Field

cajunaggie08

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Interesting that they brought out the Vikings logo template for whatever reason

Maybe it's just for a size comparison? Like, the team logo has to be "such and such" size so for reference they bring out the Vikings template. 

I’ve seen so many complaints when an NFL team debuts a new wordmark that they look so similar... wide spaced letters - falcons, Seahawks, Broncos, Dolphins. Extra kern please!!

Well, here’s your answer.  You have to think about application and where the wordmark is going to be used. For the same reason so many nba teams have a round or ball element because it has to work at centercourt.    For years the eagles wordmark looked tiny in their end zone... with the drop shadow it’s just too tall to make the width work in an end zone.    They fixed it in their home this year by enlarging the logo so the 3D effect is basically cut off 

I do wish the nfl field guys took that into account when sizing the patriots logo. They basically took the max height of each wordmark, but they should have done a better job of sizing them relative to each other. If they shrunk down the patriots logo to closer to the width of the eagles, then there would be some empty space above and below it but in an all-22 view it would work better.  

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Just have the actual logos repeated several times, or alternating with the conference logo. No wordmarks needed. 

So so the eagles end zone would just have 5 eagle heads, or 3 eagles and 2 Ns. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I always thought that the best kind of layout was having the SB logo in the middle and the remelts on the 25. SB XXXI to XXXVII were always colorful and great to look at. I never liked when they started to put the NFL shield in the middle. 

It looks great from the all-22 view...  but in reality on TV most of the game-action is in and around either 25 yard line.  So having the SB logo there makes it show on TV way more frequently.   Think about it --- how often is the line of scrimmage between say the two 45 yard lines?  Whereas basically every drive at least starts on the 20 or 25, and if they make it to the red zone or even field goal range you would see the SB logo on the other side of the field. (meaning many of the scoring plays and therefore many of the highlights will have the logo in it) So from a TV perspective this makes more sense.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

what about a giant logo enlarged where it cuts off the top and bottom a little bit, but keeps enough to where it is still obviously recognizable, and then conference on one side, helmet on the other, or none of that and just the logo? this years' teams would look great with this design imo

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

The Eagles end zone is embarrassing.  They either should have blown up the wordmark as large as they could (like the team does), or had a whole other concept ready to go in case one or both of the competing teams had incompatible designs.  It really just looks like two random elements from their graphics package thrown into the end zone, almost like a kid putting stickers there.  The wordmark absolutely has to be centered - that's just the way it was designed.  There's no need for the eagle head at all.

Or just do my other idea and have a series of eagle heads going straight across.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I always thought that the best kind of layout was having the SB logo in the middle and the remelts on the 25. SB XXXI to XXXVII were always colorful and great to look at. I never liked when they started to put the NFL shield in the middle. 

37.png

Great field right there, WOW.  What a difference from the last few years or so.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Eagles end zone is embarrassing.  They either should have blown up the wordmark as large as they could (like the team does), or had a whole other concept ready to go in case one or both of the competing teams had incompatible designs.  It really just looks like two random elements from their graphics package thrown into the end zone, almost like a kid putting stickers there.  The wordmark absolutely has to be centered - that's just the way it was designed.  There's no need for the eagle head at all.

Or just do my other idea and have a series of eagle heads going straight across.

This is why they should’ve never taken away the Conference logos. They were lucky the last few years with teams that had really long names but now we have a short named team and their SB endzone looks awful. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Great field right there, WOW.  What a difference from the last few years or so.

I always was a fan of the dueling helmets with the Super Bowl logo at midfield. Then the league and conference logos in the endzone. And if they wanted, maybe get rid of the helmet and just use the team logos. But putting the logos back in the endzone and now getting rid of the counterweight conference logo, it just feels so secondary.

And worse when they had to face the Seahawks logo away from the field against Denver.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:02 PM, nuordr said:

Click here to rate the NFL Super Bowl fields from the 1st to the last.

Click here to rate the NFL Super Bowl logos from the 1st to the last.

The results of the survey to rate the NFL Super Bowl logos are compiled and the Top 10 are below with the rest located here

1) SB 27
2) SB 37
3) SB 28
4) SB 39
5) SB 36
6) SB 38
7) SB 31
8) SB 33
9) SB 30
10) SB 25

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

I don't know if it was different paint or something else, but the end zones held up much better this year than last year in Houston. By the 4th quarter of Pats-Falcons, everything looked badly washed out.

I thought the super bowl logos looked much better as well. For as disappointing as the design itself was, I thought it’s quality was superior to last year

Archived