Classic Coral: Dolphins Tweak Colours for New Uniform

Skape7

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap.  Best change of the three. More change than I thought, and all for the better.The number font is still wonky and we've seen how it could be easily fixed, but all in all really nice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For me, today is a pretty darn good day for aesthetic changes in the NFL. Both the Dolphins and (from what I have seen) the Jaguars have taken their last set and cleaned them up for the better. I’m happy with this as a non fan.

Miami just went from a decent and clean look, albeit a bit generic and bland to a fantastic and modern interpretation of what the Dolphins should look like. Amazing how such a small change can drastically improve the look. The removal of the dark blue and the changes to the orange make this an awesome look.

So @BrandMooreArt a technical question, is the new stroke on the numbers the same overall size as the double stroke from before? It seemed like the old ones were very thin, so I always figured if they were combined together as a solid color they would look normal.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

There's no doubt that this is an improvement.  

For me it's got most of the best of both worlds (I prefer the cruiseship logo and don't need the Marino-era sleeve stripes, but I love the thick orange outlines).  This is one of the best examples of the difference that a small change can make.  This change is so simple yet so much better.

I'd have liked a tweak to the number font, but compared to other custom fonts, this one isn't that goofy anyway.  

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I’d say this is more than the “most fans wouldn’t even notice” that we were told. While it’s technicallh a small change, it has a major impact. I think even the most uni-apathetic dolphins fans would notice that something changed. 

I wonder...I noticed Titans fans not recognizing the difference when the jersey started leaking (I am sure helmet color will be noticed by all).  I would not be surprised if some Dolphins look at the white helmet and logo and say "what changed?"  Though I agree that some will probably also look at it and say "that's different" even if they can't remember what was different about the old ones.

EDIT: Just for giggles, I went to the Dolphins FB page...55 comments and at quick glance only one stated that they could not tell the difference.  The rest were split on calling it an improvement and wanting the old Marino look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived