NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol that anyone would think it’s up to him. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Also, the head coach doesn't design the uniforms, nor have much/any influence in when new ones are requested.

Some head coaches are part of the process.  Tom Coughlin did, when he returned to the Jaguars.

But he's a rarity.  You need to be an exceptional coach, or have a special connection with the team, to qualify.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Tom coughlin isn’t the coach though, he’s the president of football operations or whatever.

Oh, you're right.  I forgot that.

I seem to recall another head coach talking about it, but it's a real rarity.  We're a long ways away from the 1950s, when each of the Packers' head coaches came in and re-designed the uniforms.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:54 AM, joshey said:

I’m coming in hot over here but the worst part of any uniform in the four major sports in the USA is the Cowboys pants. 

Change my mind 

Who else uses silver-green? The Cowboys could totally own it if they standardized their color palette to dark royal and silver-green.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Uniqueness is not itself a virtue.

It's a great color! Let everyone else have silver or grey. I know I'm biased towards blues, greens, and teals, but I think it looks really cool. It just needs the helmets to match.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I won't lie, the Cowboys mismatching pants/helmets doesn't bug me at all. I see no need to change them it works, it's the Cowboys. I really, really love their white jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 minutes ago, kimball said:

I won't lie, the Cowboys mismatching pants/helmets doesn't bug me at all. I see no need to change them it works, it's the Cowboys. I really, really love their white jerseys.

"it works" is certainly subjective.  I think  that most would say that it doesn't work, but some are fooled into thinking it does just because that's all they've known.

I remember someone doing photoshops of the Cowboys with silver green replacing all silver, and IIRC the reality wasn't as pretty as the vision.  It clashed pretty bad with the navy, and didn't look quite right even if the navy jersey was switched to royal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd lean more toward dark royal rather than navy, but I'd have to see it.

The black trim on the sleeve strips angers me way more than it probably should.

Archived