2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

1 minute ago, verno said:

Brady beats Seattle SB 55, fulfilling my prediction of one more for Tom. Then he retires. Personally, l think the current win-now Rams are done!

Or he just keeps on playing until the heat death of the universe.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The Chiefs are never going to win a Super Bowl under Reid. It'll be Patriots vs. Saints, continuing the strange, strange trend of the Patriots winning every AFC title of the Trump presidency.

Gronk will announce his retirement in a few days, watch, and it's going to hurt the Patriots quite a bit! Next season will still see New England winning the AFC East (duh), but they lose the Divisional round. The Patriots will be humming in 2020, though😨 Ufff

7 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I predict that the NFL will fold before the next Super Bowl, because everyone will be totally satisfied with the AAF and the CFL, in addition to the AFL, NAL, and IFL.

Hahahaha, really?!!!

7 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

Saints over Chiefs. NO will get a makeup call like the 02 Raiders did after the Tuck Rule.

Oh, God help us!!!! Here it is, my wife's prediction, Patriots win the next four Super Bowls and Brady retires as the best person that has ever drawn a breath😈Maybe she's not too far off?!?! C'mon Ben!!!

33 minutes ago, verno said:

I want to hear if Vet thinks Andy can win a title? Like him, l have a lot of doubts on Reid's ability to manage a game.

7icOzlq.gif

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

7icOzlq.gif

And, as someone who grew up in Missouri, l distinctly remember the Chief's futility in the 90s. Is this team cursed? I believe possibly yes, and with Reid at the helm, it possibly continues.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, dfwabel said:

Well, Kellen Moore was named OC and Kitna is the new QB Coach.

In much sdder news, former NFL QB and Cowboys QB Coach/OC Wade Wilson passed away today on his 60th birthday. No cause of death given, but was dianosed as Type 1 Diabetic before the 1985 season and as a coach was suspended five games by the NFL for violating the PED policy in 2007. Wilson claimed a positive test was made due to a drug to assist his insulin levels. 

He was 60?! I didn't think it was that long ago he was playing. Wow.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Since 4 out of 5 people will be saying it'll be the Saints vs the Chiefs, I'm going to go ahead and say it won't be either of them.

Because that's not the way it ever works.

With Brees running the show, and probably one of the best RB combos I've ever seen, the Saints will win the NFC title in 2019. I truly feel the Rams will decline. Watch the Seahawks and Bears, though!!

The AFC is interesting. The AFC South is going to be a dogfight. Houston with Watson at QB and a Watt/Clowney led defense will be a force. Indy with Luck and a great offensive and defensive line will be influential, and I guarantee Tennessee will be very annoying!!! But, Kansas City is the best team in the AFC! Right, Andy?

The Rams will decline but watch out for the Seahawks? LOLOLOLOL

@verno Drew Brees is 40. Don’t bank on him being “elite” for much longer. In fact? Maybe drink a bit less Saints Kool-Aid in general. 

Anyway picking the Super Bowl a year out is silly. Basing those predictions on a salty reaction to this year’s Conference Championship games is even more silly. Come on guys.  

56 minutes ago, verno said:

Oh, God help us!!!! Here it is, my wife's prediction, Patriots win the next four Super Bowls and Brady retires as the best person that has ever drawn a breath😈Maybe she's not too far off?!?! C'mon Ben!!!

Brady now has more Super Bowl rings than any other single player. That status has been achieved. Anything else is just gravy. 

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

@verno Drew Brees is 40. Don’t bank on him being “elite” for much longer. In fact? Maybe drink a bit less Saints Kool-Aid in general. 

Anyway picking the Super Bowl a year out is silly. Basing those predictions on a salty reaction to this year’s Conference Championship games is even more silly. Come on guys.  

Tom Brady is 41???? And the Rams dumped a ton of picks to win now. Do you trust Goff? I don't. As far as the Saints go, l hate them (part time Falcon, full time Steeler fan), but their duo at RB is unmatched in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, verno said:

Tom Brady is 41???? And the Rams dumped a ton of picks to win now. Do you trust Goff? I don't. As far as the Saints go, l hate them (part time Falcon, full time Steeler fan), but their duo at RB is unmatched in the NFL. 

I don't trust Goff either.

Here's the thing though.  Goff still got them to the Super Bowl.  If, organizationally, the Rams decide that Goff is not the way forward, that frees up a lot of hypothetical cap space for them to hold stuff together since his replacement will almost certainly start under a rookie deal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

On top of that, Michael Thomas to me is an elite receiver!! And if Watson stays healthy, he's a mid level TE. The Saints are truly legit and extremely dangerous! And as someone who lives in Metro Atlanta, it pains me to type this! Curse Stinky Town!!!!

4 minutes ago, rams80 said:

I don't trust Goff either.

Here's the thing though.  Goff still got them to the Super Bowl.  If, organizationally, the Rams decide that Goff is not the way forward, that frees up a lot of hypothetical cap space for them to hold stuff together since his replacement will almost certainly start under a rookie deal.

And Goff is still on his rookie contract! Listen, l really don't know how to judge him. I actually think he can pan out, but third year QBs can jump either way. Based on what I've seen, he may be alright. But LA sold their souls to win this year, which sucks, because I tend to root for the Rams (St. Louis days, l'm from Missouri.)

33 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Brady now has more Super Bowl rings than any other single player. That status has been achieved. Anything else is just gravy. 

You know what he doesn't have though? More Super Bowl titles than any other franchise. He wins next year and he has more rings than the Steelers who are closer to full-on rebuild than another title.

Archived