2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

here's my interpretation of arsenal's kits for next season.  being an arsenal club member, i'm privy to know that they will be using the same away kit for next season, due to the special home kit for this year.  personally, i prefer the Emirates logo to the Fly Emirates sponsor, so I've used that here.  anyway, i really like the new kit style from nike, and hopefully my representation is at least somewhat accurate :P

Arsenal-06-07.gif

I love the home. Well done!

You're a member of the Arsenal? What level?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Red Level member of The Arsenal.

As for the sweden kits, they ALWAYS copy england's stuff, usually for both home and away. This year, no different. With England playing into the St. George's Cross theme for their jerseys, it's easy for Sweden to copy the template and change the colors. Makes sense to me, and England was the first to both unveil and wear the kits, so I don't see a problem with it. I'll always think of England as the original wearers of those kits, and the template is the "England style" kit.

OD_Signature.jpg

I'm a Red Level member of The Arsenal.

Me too, but I don't think I saw that announcement.

it's in the literature that they send you with your membership packet. when did you become a member? I signed up back last September, and that's when I got a copy of the club charter - which had the special note about the commemorative Highbury kit. Again, if people don't believe me, I'll scan the document and post it.

OD_Signature.jpg

I KNOW for a FACT that Arsenal will have the same away kit, just with the new sponsor. It's in the club charter I received from the club. Their policy is to have a new away kit every season, and a new home kit every 2 years. However, because this season's shirt was specially done for the Final Season at Highbury, the club is keeping the same away kit for two years, and getting a new home kit for next season. Do you want me to scan and quote the document I got from the Arsenal? Trust me, it's true.

You don't have to be so defensive, I knew about the rule, but I thought this year would just be an exception and they'd have two new kits.

And I'm a red member, I never saw such a thing.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

My guess? $$$$$$$$$ about £30 worth.

I'm also not seeing any real level system on the site. You can only buy into the Red Level. Are there other levels? Does it depend on Season ticket purchase, connection or employment with the club or what?

My buddy is an Arsenal fan and only a total lack of funds cost me getting him the commemorative 05/06 home kit. Well that and I'm not going to buy anyone a jersey until I have my Norwich one first.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

just so there's no more room for doubt:

Scan10001.gif

Scan10002.gif

According to Section 6 labeled "Merchandise" -

"All replica strip designs have a minimum life span of two seasons. A new change kit will be released every year, whereby it will be the first choice change strip in one year of the lifespan and the second choice change strip in year two. For Season 2004/2005, in order that a one-off commemorative shirt can be used during the last playing Season at Highbury (2005/2006), the new home strip will only be used for one full Season. As a direct result of this, the Club will be reversing the trend for the new away strip next Season, which will be the first choice away strip for two full seasons (2005/2006 & 2006/2007)."

OD_Signature.jpg

Just for the record, I never doubted you.

But also for the record, I am supremely pissed that I never got that. Come to think of it, I didn't ever get my membership card - were they in the same package?

lol no, the membership card did not come with that. In fact, that is part of the voucher booklet that comes with the commemorative gift box for new members. Odd they would put the club charter in the voucher book, but hey, it's gotta be somewhere right? check in your commemorative Highbury tin (the one that comes with the DVD, the book, and the mousepad), it's in there.

OD_Signature.jpg

sort of off topic...

im looking to purchase a long sleeve arsenal redcurrant jersey, and the only place i can find them in stock is worldsoccershop.com. i want to customize the jersey, and they offer "authentic lettering" for a small extra fee. they also give you the option of adding CL or PL badges. what are the chances of getting authentic arsenal CL lettering if i opt for the CL badge? anyone ever get a customized jersey from WSS?

thanks!

Well, look what we have here:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr20e.html

Juve to lose their stripes?

Thursday 20 April, 2006

Juventus are reportedly considering a radical shirt re-design which may see their trademark black and white stripes disappear.

Stories in the peninsula on Thursday suggest that sportswear giants Nike, who have a 12-year contract in place with the Turin giants, want the outfit to rejuvenate their skin.

Although Juventus have been playing in black and white striped shirts since they were brought over from Nottingham in the early 1900s, Nike have offered to give the Old Lady a facelift.

The American firm will obviously look to keep the Bianconeri theme going, but they would like to get rid of the stripes.

It?s understood that they have come up with a two-band colour jersey, one half in black and the other in white.

They are said to have contacted Barcelona and Atletico Madrid with the same proposal, with the capital outfit accepting the switch.

However, it?s unclear at this time whether Juventus will agree to the controversial move which will undoubtedly annoy traditionalists.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, and I'd hate to see the stripes go, but in Nike's defense, sometimes designers are hired to push the envelope in all kinds of directions.

When I submit design concepts to clients, it's part of the process to give them something that's radical and uncomfortable, if only to figure out why the "safe" concepts are good.

That being said, it would be a mistake for Juve to let them change away from the stripes. Not only would it piss their fan's off, they've got a lot of brand equity with the stripes.

Archived