New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might be a leak, but it might not.  This came up on WGR that there has been a logo leaked on a Mattel Escalade car or something.  Without further ado, here it is...

sabrescar8gt.gif

Wow guys, I can't believe it took so long for anyone to call it a fake, let alone anyone thinking it was real.

This isn't even a GOOD fake.

Take a close look:

- it's the old buffalo colored black and outlined in gold, and pasted on top of the current alt logo, which has been recolored blue & gold.

- the current wordmark pasted onto back fender.

It's the saints escalade with the sabres logo. Anyone that has a keen eye would have noticed it was fake right off the bat without questioning if it was real.

The NHL logo, look at the NFL one and you have you answer...someone did a poor photoshop job.

I like the sabres, i don't know why they have to play the stupid waiting game with their colours & logo, its not like they are having a total redo, they are going back to old colours with a different tint and a freshened up old logo, hardly a huge thing to keep a mystery.

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Umm...it's obviously the RAMS Escalade, not the Saints. The truck is NAVY and Gold, not Black and Gold.

I'm not gonna believe anything till they actually reveal their logos. I've been fooled by too many false Ducks logos leaks.

Actually one of those Ducks leaks turned out to be real.

I'd be surprised if this was real. It looks way too much like the Colorado buffalo.

I know, but there was at least three that were posted that weren't used at all. (Maybe two, we're still waiting on the duck in the Thrashers/kings shield. Possible alt logo? :P )

sillysabres.png

That gave me the biggest laugh I've had all day. Thanks man.

I thought it needed some pizzazz too, so I added some wicked lens flare! lmfao

sillysabres.jpg

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Like I said, I was leaning towards fake, but like many proud Sabres fans, we're clamoring for any scraps of information we can find. However, I do understand that waiting will increase the demand and everybody, myself included will be in a lather for the merch when it finally comes out closer to the start of the season when everyone is more focused on the Sabres new season instead of basking in the afterglow of this season and instead basking in the Bills being about 0-3.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I also think this marketing strategey is good, beacue of the ducks situation. They relase their new logo, but you can't buy the jersey yet, you can apparently only preorder it.

It makes more sense to me to get everything together, so when the official announcement is made, there can be a merchandise explosion, and everybody can get their hands on T shirts as well as the actual jersey...

and as gbasalmon said, i don't know if people on this board understand how bad the people in buffalo actaully want this, and we are all desparate for any shred of info on this we can get....

Usually at the beginning of the Sabres season Buffalo is wrapped up in the Bills. If the Sabres release the new unis just before the season it might draw some attention away from the crappy Bills and place the spotlight on the good Buffalo team.

saBS.png

The gold and blue are the same as the Indiana Pacers colors.  There's something that I assume is supposed to be a Buffalo, and it's facing right, I think. 

If I had to compare it to other sports logos, I'd say it looks like a cross between the Charlotte Bobcats and the Miami Dolphins with some Denver Broncos mixed in.

any sabres, swords or lethal blades?? is it just a stylized profile of a buffalo? that would be odd since they hate the "goathead" as the organization calls it. Aat least the colors sound good.

OK... Here goes. I do not post much because I'm at work and I usually jump in and out. I do not want to sound like the typical "My sisters friends brothers uncle said...".

That being said... umm.. my friend.. with... connections... said...

His claim regarding Buffalo is simply that they are returning to a familiar variation of Blue and Gold (yellow) not "Vegas". The tint may may different, but the effect is there of Blue and Gold. I guess there was a bit of concern becasue Nashville has blue and gold (mustard yellow). But, basically the combos are different enough.

The logo is to be an updated version of what they had before this current look. It is similar to how the Seahawks, Cardinals & Dolphins have updated their logos in recent years. It's a freshened up "original" logo. Safe to assume that the sabres have a bit more detail and the profile buffalo has a bit more detail.

So, if anything this is at least another speculation. This isn't a situation where I feel "my reputation is on the line" by stating something totally wack. But, this guy seems to know a few things. To me, it sounds reasonable. So, that's why I posted it.

Thanks to everyone who has given the scraps of info they have. An updated version of the original is kind of what many of us were expecting, and it's good to hear they'll be using yellow instead of gold. It's very good to hear that.

What with some SI picking the Sabres for the 07 Cup, we've certainly got a lot to be excited about for the upcoming season. It's been years since someone could say that in Western New York.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If I had to compare it to other sports logos, I'd say it looks like a cross between the Charlotte Bobcats and the Miami Dolphins with some Denver Broncos mixed in.

sillysabres.png

Aw crap, guys...we're screwed!

Hey, just be glad it doesn't looke like this!

176341264_87694811dd_o.jpg

The logo is to be an updated version of what they had before this current look.  It is similar to how the Seahawks, Cardinals & Dolphins have updated their logos in recent years.  It's a freshened up "original" logo.  Safe to assume that the sabres have a bit more detail and the profile buffalo has a bit more detail.

It really isn't, and I have direct information - I'm looking at the logo right now.

The only thing I'll divulge right now, is that the wordmark uses a heavily modified Bank Gothic font.

Save the slugalo.

The logo is to be an updated version of what they had before this current look.  It is similar to how the Seahawks, Cardinals & Dolphins have updated their logos in recent years.  It's a freshened up "original" logo.  Safe to assume that the sabres have a bit more detail and the profile buffalo has a bit more detail.

It really isn't, and I have direct information - I'm looking at the logo right now.

The only thing I'll divulge right now, is that the wordmark uses a heavily modified Bank Gothic font.

Is what youre looking at the "final" set or one of the final designs they have been looking at?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So Taz, why not leak it? (YOU WATCHING OUT THERE TOM???) HA! Or, if you are worried about getting in trouble by O'Grady why not send it to one of us and we can claim to have "stumbled" onto it.... wink wink, nudge nudge

BTW... what ties do you have that you have the logo in front of you? You can tell us THAT much w/out getting in trouble.

Archived