Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oldschoolvikings, how can you say that? They are in different background colors, of course it won't have the exact same pattern. That's just a basic thing about any traditional jersey. Usually the stripe widths and layout are the same but obviously the colors change. That's just basic stuff. It doesn't make it not match.

But it absolutely could've had the exact same stripe, colors and all, and very easy. Just change the silver stripe to blue on the home jersey, and the silver stripes to white on the road jersey. Simple.

That would simply ruin the set by removing silver from the shirt while it's the main component of the helmet and the pants. It would be the exact same mistake Ohio State made a couple years ago. You can't be that "consistent" when you're dealing with this many colors. I'd much rather have a consistent color palate (even if the colors aren't all applied in the same section of the striping pattern) than look mismatched like the New York Giants, whose helmet, jerseys and pants look like they belong to three different teams.

oldschoolvikings, how can you say that? They are in different background colors, of course it won't have the exact same pattern. That's just a basic thing about any traditional jersey. Usually the stripe widths and layout are the same but obviously the colors change. That's just basic stuff. It doesn't make it not match.

But it absolutely could've had the exact same stripe, colors and all, and very easy. Just change the silver stripe to blue on the home jersey, and the silver stripes to white on the road jersey. Simple.

That would simply ruin the set by removing silver from the shirt while it's the main component of the helmet and the pants. It would be the exact same mistake Ohio State made a couple years ago. You can't be that "consistent" when you're dealing with this many colors. I'd much rather have a consistent color palate (even if the colors aren't all applied in the same section of the striping pattern) than look mismatched like the New York Giants, whose helmet, jerseys and pants look like they belong to three different teams.

/this

/this

They could have made the silver the outer-most stripe color on the jerseys, and that would have tied in perfectly to the helmet and pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

/this

They could have made the silver the outer-most stripe color on the jerseys, and that would have tied in perfectly to the helmet and pants.

yup

Yeah, I get why some might have a problem with that, but there is a long tradition of just that sort of uniform in football.

The 70,s/80's niners had gold helmets and pants, but no gold on the jersey.

The Cowboys still wear a jersey with none of their many silvery colors.

Neither the Seahawks original uni or their second uni had silver on the jersey, although the helmet and pants were silver.

There's no silver anywhere from the neck down on the current Patriots road uni.

Lots of college examples... numerous versions of Notre Dames uniforms, 80's OSU, USC's road jersey... on and on.

And everyone seems to love the current Tampa Bay uniform, but no pewter to be found on either jersey... no one complains.

This is just off the top of my head.

I'm not nesessarily saying I like all these uniforms, but it is interesting that they break this obvious "rule" but many people still seem to love them.

Yeah, I get why some might have a problem with that, but there is a long tradition of just that sort of uniform in football.

The 70,s/80's niners had gold helmets and pants, but no gold on the jersey.

The Cowboys still wear a jersey with none of their many silvery colors.

Neither the Seahawks original uni or their second uni had silver on the jersey, although the helmet and pants were silver.

There's no silver anywhere from the neck down on the current Patriots road uni.

Lots of college examples... numerous versions of Notre Dames uniforms, 80's OSU, USC's road jersey... on and on.

And everyone seems to love the current Tampa Bay uniform, but no pewter to be found on either jersey... no one complains.

This is just off the top of my head.

I'm not nesessarily saying I like all these uniforms, but it is interesting that they break this obvious "rule" but many people still seem to love them.

After following this thread as it's morphed into a collective concience of consistancy, I've come to realize that "rules" per se , don't necessarily matter. I'm more concerned that a set of jerseys looks cohesive and asthetically pleasing, rather than ensuring the striping pattern matches color for color, line for line.

I'd simply ask if a uniform passes the smell test. Take a sniff and tell me what you think. The old Lion's set was clumsy and disjointed. This new set simply looks much better. Why should I care if the silver stipe is on the inside or the outside of the home set instead of the road set. The stiping patterns and colors are presented in such a way that you identify each piece of the uniform as fitting together.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

After following this thread as it's morphed into a collective concience of consistancy, I've come to realize that "rules" per se , don't necessarily matter. I'm more concerned that a set of jerseys looks cohesive and asthetically pleasing, rather than ensuring the striping pattern matches color for color, line for line.

Good designers understand this point.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'd simply ask if a uniform passes the smell test. Take a sniff and tell me what you think. The old Lion's set was clumsy and disjointed. This new set simply looks much better. Why should I care if the silver stipe is on the inside or the outside of the home set instead of the road set. The stiping patterns and colors are presented in such a way that you identify each piece of the uniform as fitting together.

honestly, I wouldn't argue with any of that.

so do we know when the announcement is going to be? It has to be before the draft. I usually get their newsletter and they have said nothing about any kind of announcement

My thoughts on this new logo and uni set have been percolating since it was first leaked awhile back, and I have to say I think it's an upgrade. The only things I really don't like are the black face mask and the collar stripes, which have always seemed wildly out if place to me ever since they introduced them in the previous set.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived