Lions uniform changes

Proc

Hopefully getting back on topic, but what's with this ascinine "10% Black" rule in the NFL? It's just a stupid idea all around. The Lions new logo would look worlds better without that black trim.

And what rule would that be?

It's where I sit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully getting back on topic, but what's with this ascinine "10% Black" rule in the NFL? It's just a stupid idea all around. The Lions new logo would look worlds better without that black trim.

Agreed, I'd like to know this rule as well. Last time I knew the Packers and the Colts had no black in their logo or uniforms

Agreed, I'd like to know this rule as well. Last time I knew the Packers and the Colts had no black in their logo or uniforms

Psssst I think DustDevil was being ironic!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Lions to reveal new logo, uniform next week

by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com

Monday April 13, 2009, 12:52 PM

The Detroit Lions are expected to announce a redesigned team logo at a press conference next Monday.

After an apparent leak on NFL.com several weeks ago, the new logo has been a topic of great debate. But the Lions aren't confirming any details regarding next week's announcement.

"I'm not going to get into specifics about what we're going to talk about a week from today but it'll be a pretty comprehensive announcement about the look of a revamped franchise going forward," Lions general manager Tom Lewand said.

While the team is happy to see fan interest after losing all 16 games last season, Lewand said he knows the most important thing is to put out a competitive product.

"The interest in everything is heartening because the interest level that people have ever since we teased the possibility that this maybe coming is I think very indicative of the interest level that our fans have in the real product, which is what's out there on Sunday afternoons," he said. "That gives us great confidence, although the recognition of great responsibility that we have to get that product right first no matter what the package looks like."

If the uniforms in that one link are the real deal then I want you all to notice something. I tried to read all the posts, but my brain started to cramp from all this talk about a team that could through on a new england patriots uniform and still go o-fer. So anyways...the team plays in detroit, michigan correct?...and michigan and ohio state hate each other right?...then why the hell would the detroit lions use the same exact line scheme on their uniforms as the ohio state buckeyes?...if they are trying to get some of that good luck rubbed off on them then I totally understand. Just a question...hopefully this has not been discussed and if it has please give me the locale so i can get some kind of answer.

On another note I do like the updated version because now the old one just looks like a blob of blue that is only known as a lion because of the team. late

Hadn't done one in a while...just for fun!

LionsHelmet.png

Very Nice!

I think it would be pretty interesting to see a uniform to match the dark blue helmet.

But again, seeing a blue facemask on the silver helmet just hurts knowing they're keeping a black one. Stop with the torture!!!

:P

If the uniforms in that one link are the real deal then I want you all to notice something. I tried to read all the posts, but my brain started to cramp from all this talk about a team that could through on a new england patriots uniform and still go o-fer. So anyways...the team plays in detroit, michigan correct?...and michigan and ohio state hate each other right?...then why the hell would the detroit lions use the same exact line scheme on their uniforms as the ohio state buckeyes?...if they are trying to get some of that good luck rubbed off on them then I totally understand. Just a question...hopefully this has not been discussed and if it has please give me the locale so i can get some kind of answer.

On another note I do like the updated version because now the old one just looks like a blob of blue that is only known as a lion because of the team. late

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. I don't think I've seen it discussed anywhere either.

As for there being other major universities in Michigan, the two primary ones are Michigan and Michigan State, particularly from the standpoint of football. Both have rivalries with Ohio State, though the Michigan rivalry is obviously the bigger of the two.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think the Buckeyes copied the Lions' sleeve stripe pattern first.

sanders8.gif

no27-george-eddie.jpg

That Ohio State jersey looks like a red version of Detroit's.

Edit: Nevermind, they're a lot more different than I remembered.

Here is a comparison. They are very similar, but I don't think Ohio State when I see them, because they are still not too far off from what the Lions have worn for years. Also, I am contemplating whether or not to go to the unvieling, (depending on what time they have it, I might be in class) because it is being held at a Dunham's about a mile and a half south of my school, and is open to the public.

LionsBuckeyes.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Here is a comparison. They are very similar, but I don't think Ohio State when I see them, because they are still not too far off from what the Lions have worn for years. Also, I am contemplating whether or not to go to the unvieling, (depending on what time they have it, I might be in class) because it is being held at a Dunham's about a mile and a half south of my school, and is open to the public.

LionsBuckeyes.png

My beef with the Bucks is that they're supposed to be grey, not silver. I love the scarlet-silver combo but those are not the school colours!

I'd have the same problem if the Wolverines' maize suddenly matched the Golden Gophers...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Damn. So, I have a class on Monday that goes from 10:55 to 1:35. The Lions are now going to have the press conference at 12:30. Calvin Johnson will be there, among a couple other good Lions players (yes, they do have a COUPLE good players). The place they are having it is right down the road from my school, maybe 5 minutes. If it were any of my other classes, I would definitely go, but the instructor is really tough, so I can't make

up my mind. Is it worth missing half of class to see the logo and uniforms we've already seen being unvieled?

MegatronSig2.jpg

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. I don't think I've seen it discussed anywhere either.

As for there being other major universities in Michigan, the two primary ones are Michigan and Michigan State, particularly from the standpoint of football. Both have rivalries with Ohio State, though the Michigan rivalry is obviously the bigger of the two.

15 state funded public universities!

Archived