Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if this is a legit picture, but on mghelmets.com they have a picture of what could be the new Lions helmet looks like. Here is the link to the helmet http://www.mghelmets.com/NFL/lions/09-p.gif

We already know what the helmet looks like, as well as the uniforms if the slick was correct.

Also I saw a "new Lions uniform" thread in the graveyard and the slick was a much better quality. The stripes on the away uniform are defiantly sliver.

3253292789_db6b9b3fa9_o.png

This also allowed me to update my logo. Instead of looking off of a pixelated slick.

Lions_new2.png

Hmmm...so according to the better image, the collar stripes are black and grey instead of black and white? Interesting.

As much as I think this is an improvement, those two lines between his neck and shoulder and starting to bother me. I don't think those will look good on the helmet.

I edited out those stripes using Paint, and I think it really makes the logo look better: th_lions.jpg

Does anyone else think that this logo would look better than the current one?...put it on a blue helmet with a grey facemask?

newLionsedit.png

Give it a rest.

A rest? Is this an old arguement?

Maybe he's talking about his own work

Does anyone else think that this logo would look better than the current one?...put it on a blue helmet with a grey facemask?

newLionsedit.png

Give it a rest.

No. I'm talking about how he mocked my recolor of the Marlins logo in my thread, causing it to get closed...and did a similar thing here.

newLionsedit.png

Give it a rest.

No. I'm talking about how he mocked my recolor of the Marlins logo in my thread, causing it to get closed...and did a similar thing here.

With respect, I think you labelled a Marlins recoloring as a 'Concept'. d00a00v00e00o merely presented a recolor as an idea within another thread. Thats a whole other thing. May seem similar, but its different.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In any case, you shouldn't carry personal grudges from one thread to another.

As much as I think this is an improvement, those two lines between his neck and shoulder and starting to bother me. I don't think those will look good on the helmet.

I edited out those stripes using Paint, and I think it really makes the logo look better: th_lions.jpg

Hurm. I appreciate what you're going for, but I think the actual logo is better. The thing I like most about the new logo is the added definition. Without those lines, the mane just loses something.

Hopefully getting back on topic, but what's with this ascinine "10% Black" rule in the NFL? It's just a stupid idea all around. The Lions new logo would look worlds better without that black trim.

In any case, you shouldn't carry personal grudges from one thread to another.

Hurm. I appreciate what you're going for, but I think the actual logo is better. The thing I like most about the new logo is the added definition. Without those lines, the mane just loses something.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one - I think the hecticbro logo is superior (not that I don't like the actual one, but I think his is an improvement.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm warming to the logo. I'm better with, but still not sold on the mane swooshes. The more I look at it though, the more one last thing bothers me. Nobody else thinks the nose is too sharp?

I see what you're saying there; I hadn't noticed that and now it's bugging me too! As far as the mane lines, I think if the top one was gone, the logo would be much improved.

newLionsedit.png

Give it a rest.

I meant no disrespect to you or your work. As I said I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I had commented earlier in that thread that I thought your concept would look better with a blue/green color instead of black. And after I realized you had just recolored their current logo, I didn't think it was a big deal to just do some tweaking of my own.

As for the Lions, black = Matt Millen = losing. So why not try something else, and get rid of the black too?

For the Lions, blue and silver = losing too. Why not make them wear teal and maroon?

Maybe even pink and orange! Anything to get them away from the losing stigma of blue and silver.

I'm warming to the logo. I'm better with, but still not sold on the mane swooshes. The more I look at it though, the more one last thing bothers me. Nobody else thinks the nose is too sharp?

Well, it didn't bother me until you pointed it out. Now that's all I see. Thanks a lot. :)

Archived