Lions uniform changes

Proc

Also, when I mean the Pittsburgh Steelers are a terrible case of striping consistency I mean throughout the uniform set. The sleeve striping doesn't match the striping on either the helmet nor the pants. If anything "FAILS" that does*.

*The Steelers still have pretty nice uniforms. I just think it's silly to use them as a case of striping consistency.

Again, that post was responding to the specific claim that a team can't have road jersey sleeve stripes match home jersey sleeve stripes. Demonstrably untrue.

Well they can, but at the same time the order of the colours can change and still be "consistent."

oldschoolvikings, yes they do indeed match throughout. The pattern is consistent. The base changes the order of the colours, but it's still the same pattern throughout. It really does seem like you're really looking for a reason to hate these.

I'm not saying the stripes don't match because I'm "looking for a reason to hate these" because I DON'T hate these... as I keep saying. Read carefully this time... I think they're OK... no hate.

I'm saying the stripes don't match, because, strictly speaking, they... you know... DON'T.

Except that they, you know, DO.

The pattern is consistent. You can't say it isn't. Only the order of the colours change. And changing the order of colours on consistent uniform striping is a perfectly acceptable practise within the world of sports uniforms.

So, the stripes match perfectly... except for all the colors changing :D . If that's your definition of matching great. You know I'm a perect match for Brad Pitt... all our arms and legs are in the same position.

So, no... no match. Consistent size, consistent number of stripes... inconsistent color placement. Two outta three, Meatloaf.

Give me a team who's striping matches PERFECTLY throughout the whole uniform. No one does. Not even Florida, cuz while the colors may stay in the same order throughout, the size doesn't, so it's not perfect, which most here seem to be claiming the Lions failed to do. The closest you can get to perfection with uniforms is consistency, and as we've mentioned and discussed to death, there are 2 types of consistency. The Lions DO achieve one of those types. And I know no one here is debating this simply cuz they wanna hate the Lions' uniforms. I don't think anyone here is that petty. But, it does seem they are trying to argue their point too much as if it is the only correct way.

I think the matter of consistency can be put to rest, and simply understand that some of us like the look for the Lions, specifically, and some don't. Simple as that. But the arguing over consistency has now turned in to simply repetitive statements that are getting a little tiring to hear. Both sides have made their point and you can't really go any further than that with it.

[/end my speech]

[/end doing these end bracket thingies cuz I don't really know why I started doing them so much in the first place]

[/end post]

[/dammit]

[/end putting thought in brackets]

[/end... just... END... for the love of god, Matt]

OK, yes, Icecap, Elliott, and I are just going back and forth arguing about the meaning of the word "matching"... but if we admit that's all were doing, the discussion's over, and that's no fun :D ...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL, pretty much. Could be worse, we could be debating socks :P

I think the Patriots should wear RED alternates.

:D

:mad::mad::mad:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Elliot...

OSV is saying that the true definition of "match" is that it is exactly the same on each uniform. Because the striping changes color it does not fit that definition of "match."

Most people use a modified definition of the word, OSV is being strict in his interpretation. That's all.

Give me a team who's striping matches PERFECTLY throughout the whole uniform. No one does.

The Raiders.

The Broncos.

The Jets.

The Colts.

Back to the Lions.....To give them a bit of an "old-school" feel (and also be UNIQUE to anyone else in the league), I was hoping they would incorporate the long, solid blue socks they wear with the throw em' backs, into the new uniform. I always think that and the stripeless silver pants, are the best part of the throw em' back scheme.

Give me a team who's striping matches PERFECTLY throughout the whole uniform. No one does.

The Raiders.

The Broncos.

The Jets.

The Colts.

Back to the Lions.....To give them a bit of an "old-school" feel (and also be UNIQUE to anyone else in the league), I was hoping they would incorporate the long, solid blue socks they wear with the throw em' backs, into the new uniform. I always think that and the stripeless silver pants, are the best part of the throw em' back scheme.

Not really.

They have one blue stripe on the helmet, but two blue stripes on the pants.

The Raiders.

The Broncos.

The Jets.

The Colts.

Not really.

Yes, you are right.

But, the uniform striping, is consistant.

The Raiders.

The Broncos.

The Jets.

The Colts.

Not really.

Yes, you are right.

But, the uniform striping, is consistant.

But the argument was consistant on EVERY part of the uniform... well, helmet, jersey, and pants, at least.

Raiders: No striping on jersey

Broncos: Having it come to a point doesn't necessarily make it the exact same.

Jets: Not perfect, but consistant, at least in some of our opinions. But it contradicts perfection, and consistancy for that matter, to those who feel the color combos should stay the same throughout and on different color backgrounds. Therefore it's not perfect, which is the argument you're making.

Colts: Already disproven. One stripe on the helmet, 2 on jerseys and pants, and they swith colors. If they had the second stripe on the helment, it'd be consistant (in some opinions), but still not perfect.

NO team has perfect striping throughout. And with the disagreement in what's considered consistant, there really is no way there can be perfection.

The Raiders.

The Broncos.

The Jets.

The Colts.

um, yeah... the "throw 'em backs" bit isn't really catching on.

And, Dennis, did you notice the Lions new sox have (gasp!) a stripe? That had to send you into a conniption-fit :P

But the argument was consistant on EVERY part of the uniform... well, helmet, jersey, and pants, at least.

Raiders: No striping on jersey

Broncos: Having it come to a point doesn't necessarily make it the exact same.

Jets: Not perfect, but consistant, at least in some of our opinions. But it contradicts perfection, and consistancy for that matter, to those who feel the color combos should stay the same throughout and on different color backgrounds. Therefore it's not perfect, which is the argument you're making.

Colts: Already disproven. One stripe on the helmet, 2 on jerseys and pants, and they swith colors. If they had the second stripe on the helment, it'd be consistant (in some opinions), but still not perfect.

NO team has perfect striping throughout. And with the disagreement in what's considered consistant, there really is no way there can be perfection.

Exactly.

That is why, in my mind, the new Lions striping is perfect striping, consistency-wise.

Not so, historically...

I give you the Earle Bruce Ohio State Buckeyes (1980s) and the Earl Campbell Houston Oilers (also 80's, also a guy name Earl... coincidence?). Those Oiler unis had the EXACT same stripe on their white helmet, blue jersey, white jersey, blue pants, white pants, blue sox AND white sox. AWESOME. Very possibly the greatest uniform in NFL history IMO.

Archived