Lions uniform changes

Proc

Honestly, anybody who says that this is worse than the Buffaslug or the Thunder's logo has got to be kidding. I mean, damn:

THIS

Lions_new.png

is in no way shape or form, POSSIBLY worse than this (and it pains me to even post these logos)

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

qdx55wdx4akljqkvzi1s3e6t3.gif

i remember when the bengals released their new uniforms and everyone shat all over them.

For good reason, those are actually deserve to get shat on. They have the same dilemma as the Lions, good logo, meh uniforms...except in the Bengals case, meh logo, TERRIBLE uniforms.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, anybody who says that this is worse than the Buffaslug or the Thunder's logo has got to be kidding. I mean, damn:

THIS

Lions_new.png

is in no way shape or form, POSSIBLY worse than this (and it pains me to even post these logos)

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

qdx55wdx4akljqkvzi1s3e6t3.gif

i remember when the bengals released their new uniforms and everyone shat all over them.

For good reason, those are actually deserve to get shat on. They have the same dilemma as the Lions, good logo, meh uniforms...except in the Bengals case, meh logo, TERRIBLE uniforms.

I agree, the Thunder has a generic identity that has nothing to do with thunderbolts or lightning. The Buffaslug looks like garbage.

The Lions actually has a good identity.

Elliott hit the nail in the head, I love the new Lions logo. It's ok if you don't luke it, it's your opinion, but don't go bashing on it unless it's uninspiring like the OKC Thunder logo, now that is a boring identitiy.

No, sir, I'll bash it on whatever merits I choose.

Here are my problems with the Detroit Lions update:

1. The logo looks soft.

2. The wordmark looks soft.

3. The uniform numbers look stupid.

4. It still has black.

5. It's not superior to the uniforms they used ten years ago, by any measure.

6. They're just going to change their look again in another ten years or less (as they've just proved with the adding-black debacle).

7. Their old logo, whatever its faults, was iconic. The new logo is akin to adding motion lines to the Yankees logo. It would be dumb and superfluous.

8. The whole update reeks of an update for update's sake, and again, is not an improvement on what they had last season, let alone what they had in Barry Sanders' heyday.

9. Boo on the Lions.

and yet this is the same thing you have said the past few posts about the situation, we get it YOU DON'T LIKE THE LOOK, but can anyone else have an opinion on the look?

and yet this is the same thing you have said the past few posts about the situation, we get it YOU DON'T LIKE THE LOOK, but can anyone else have an opinion on the look?

How is me saying I don't like something any different from people saying they do? And I think I've now made a total of three posts in this thread. Just because people keep on quoting me doesn't mean I'm actually saying the same thing over and over again.

And I also enjoy how people continue to quote me saying how everyone else hates the update except for them. But there's a lot of except for thems! As it happens, it looks like the people that don't like the update -- "an opinion on the look" -- are actually the minority.

And Flame, I basically never take issue with your posts, but I'm looking for the place where someone said the new Lions look is worse than OKC or the Sabres. Because while people have had reasonable reasons for disliking the update (myself included), it seems like the reaction is mostly positive.

I get it. The Lions sucked with the old look and plenty of people think it's a reason to go with a new one. I just disagree, and I disagree for multiple reasons (I think it was nine of them). Maybe some people should take a deep breath?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

someone on draftcountdown's message board did this mock upLionsNewUniforms.png

That was also where the slick was leaked

So...

If this is correect, than there actually isn't stripe consistancy after all. Neither sleeve stripe matches the helmets and pants.

But the patterns do match. The base color of the jersey prevents a color-for-color stripe match.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So...

If this is correect, than there actually isn't stripe consistancy after all. Neither sleeve stripe matches the helmets and pants.

But the patterns do match. The base color of the jersey prevents a color-for-color stripe match.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...t&p=1135593

dont you mean he got it from here?

:therock:

untitled-1.png

So...

Not really... picture the Earl Campbell Oilers.

And Flame, I basically never take issue with your posts, but I'm looking for the place where someone said the new Lions look is worse than OKC or the Sabres. Because while people have had reasonable reasons for disliking the update (myself included), it seems like the reaction is mostly positive.

It wasn't that, it was more to address people saying that the new logo was an "epic fail" (damn, that phrase is played out.). The Buffaslug is an epic fail. The Thunder whatchamacallit is an epic fail. The new Lions logo is anything but an epic fail.

DG_Now, I respect your opinion because it is, simply, an opinion...but if you look at a few points in your 9 reasons, 1-3 and 9 especially, it comes across as you saying your opinions are fact, when it is really just the view through your eyes. Everyone views this differently, but I felt like in the aforementioned post you didn't really give the other side any thought, like Gary was saying. Especially on point 9. You can scold all you want but some people will still praise.

And, oldschoolvikings, how can you say that? They are in different background colors, of course it won't have the exact same pattern. That's just a basic thing about any traditional jersey. Usually the stripe widths and layout are the same but obviously the colors change. That's just basic stuff. It doesn't make it not match.

DG_Now, I respect your opinion because it is, simply, an opinion...but if you look at a few points in your 9 reasons, 1-3 and 9 especially, it comes across as you saying your opinions are fact, when it is really just the view through your eyes. Everyone views this differently, but I felt like in the aforementioned post you didn't really give the other side any thought, like Gary was saying. Especially on point 9. You can scold all you want but some people will still praise.

Should everyone preface their posts with "I think..."? That part is understood, isn't it? And since when on this board are we required to give equal time to uniform likes and dislikes? Sometimes you don't like something. Sometimes you don't want to bother finding something nice in something you don't like. And, again, I don't know where I said "My opinion is the best and anyone that disagrees can jump off a cliff." You like, I don't, and there we are.

I do agree that "epic fail" should be eliminated from our collective language. It's lazy and boring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

oldschoolvikings, how can you say that? They are in different background colors, of course it won't have the exact same pattern. That's just a basic thing about any traditional jersey. Usually the stripe widths and layout are the same but obviously the colors change. That's just basic stuff. It doesn't make it not match.

But it absolutely could've had the exact same stripe, colors and all, and very easy. Just change the silver stripe to blue on the home jersey, and the silver stripes to white on the road jersey. Simple. Then they'd have an identical stripe on every part of the uniform. In fact, when Colorwerx first mentioned stripe consistancy as the big hallmark of this uni, I was sure that was what they'd do. To be honest, matching this particular stripe is so easy, I'm shocked they didn't, and its one of the reasons I think this update is slightly dissapointing.

i'm convinced that no matter what teams release people are going to :censored: all over them. i remember when the bengals released their new uniforms and everyone shat all over them.

That's because the Bengals' new uniforms are :censored:.

This is a mix of awesome upgrade (logo) and just-better-than-even-swap (uniforms).

oldschoolvikings, how can you say that? They are in different background colors, of course it won't have the exact same pattern. That's just a basic thing about any traditional jersey. Usually the stripe widths and layout are the same but obviously the colors change. That's just basic stuff. It doesn't make it not match.

But it absolutely could've had the exact same stripe, colors and all, and very easy. Just change the silver stripe to blue on the home jersey, and the silver stripes to white on the road jersey. Simple. Then they'd have an identical stripe on every part of the uniform. In fact, when Colorwerx first mentioned stripe consistancy as the big hallmark of this uni, I was sure that was what they'd do. To be honest, matching this particular stripe is so easy, I'm shocked they didn't, and its one of the reasons I think this update is slightly dissapointing.

I think your splitting hairs/looking for a reason to complain. The striping pattern is the same across the board. Consistent striping where the base changes a few stripe colours is a very common and accepted occurrence in the world of sports uniforms.

I think your splitting hairs/looking for a reason to complain. The striping pattern is the same across the board. Consistent striping where the base changes a few stripe colours is a very common and accepted occurrence in the world of sports uniforms.

Right. That would leave the silver outline on the numbers as the only silver on the jersey. They are consistent. On the white base, they switched white with the silver, on the blue base, they switched the blue with silver. That is no different than the redskins switching the burgandy for white on the burgandy jersey (just one of MANY examples). That is about as consistent as you can get, aside from going the Florida route, which I don't think looks as good.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Right. That would leave the silver outline on the numbers as the only silver on the jersey. They are consistent. On the white base, they switched white with the silver, on the blue base, they switched the blue with silver. That is no different than the redskins switching the burgandy for white on the burgandy jersey (just one of MANY examples). That is about as consistent as you can get, aside from going the Florida route, which I don't think looks as good.

Exactly right.

The new sleeve striping is much more consistant, especially when you take the Lion's old sleeve pattern into account.

Take a look at the Lions old home jersey stripe. It goes: Black/Silver/Blue/Silver/Blue/Silver/Black. That 7 stripe pattern didn't match anything else on the uniform in either color pattern or overall look.

The new sleeve stripes may have the color order changed depending on the home or away jersey, but there is now a consistant 5 stripe pattern throughout the uniform. This should also make the sleeve stripe thinner than the old version. (Least I hope it does...)

Much better than this, IMO.

5125349f.jpg

There's a predominantly jewish neighborhood of Columbus called 'Bexley'. The high school's nickname is the "Lions". The football team basically wears a blue version of Ohio State's uniforms with the Detroit Lions logo on the helmet. This Detroit Lions update makes me think "Bexley Lions". I know that the rest of you won't make the connection, but that's what I see.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived