Thrift Store Gems: 2011

TFoA

So yesterday after the Celtics-Lakers game, I went shopping at TJ Maxx (the one around the East-West Connector for any Atlantans who may be reading this) for some cheap V-Neck tees and some jeans since I had some money that had been burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas. Imagine my surprise when I see that they're still selling NFL replicas for $20. This particular TJ Maxx was loaded with Matt Ryan & Roddy White 1966 throwbacks (I picked up a Ryan jersey, because, hell, if you can pick up a legit replica for just $20, you do that :censored:. Those were the only two Falcons to choose from, mind you. I guess they finally ran out of Vick stuff.), and in addition I saw a Peyton Hillis Browns jersey, a few Chargers jerseys, a Calvin Johnson Lions jersey, & a Maurice Jones-Drew Jaguars black alt jersey from before their redesign.

I also found another MJD jersey, but it was weird. It had the current numbers & chest script, but the jersey was from the old design. Here's photo evidence:

5zqf7b.jpg

m9o8sx.jpg

Weird. :wacko:

Anyways, post some of your sweet deals when it comes to jerseys, hats, & other stuff. New year, new thread.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up a Steeler Kordell Stewart jersey authentic Nike Jersey for 5 bucks at Goodwill. Wore it a few times, and sold it for 90 on ebay this week since they are SB bound.

Also found a Current 59/50 A's Cap for $2, 1998 Marlins BP jersey for $5, and a Paul Pierce Authentic for $4.

needless to say I've been goign to goodwill to stop for a second when I can and when I see them.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Picked up a 1918 Red Sox throwback and 1992 Blackhawks replica for nothing. Company I worked for at the time paid for it.

Ah the joys of food per diem. :-)

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Well look what goaztecs found?I also found a Charlotte Hornets jersey at a thrift store called value village,I didn't get it though,and thanks for the info on that tjmaxx TFoa but I live to far away from their,about a 45min-an hour drive.

edit:Pheer saw your post try the goodwill by the Mall of GA,it has good stuff,and value village across the street from it.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

No more AJ Wright deals, the chain is dead. Hopefully TJ Maxxx picks up the slack.

I guess that explains why the one I passed was having/had a "EVERYTHING MUST GO" sale. I thought it was just that one, turns out it's all of them.

The world would be a worse place without these sweet deals.

Well look what goaztecs found?I also found a Charlotte Hornets jersey at a thrift store called value village,I didn't get it though,and thanks for the info on that tjmaxx TFoa but I live to far away from their,about a 45min-an hour drive.

edit:Pheer saw your post try the goodwill by the Mall of GA,it has good stuff,and value village across the street from it.

Man I would have bought that Hornet's jersey in a heartbeat. The only time I ever found one the former owner decided to cut off the bottom of the jersey right under the number.

sig.jpg

No more AJ Wright deals, the chain is dead. Hopefully TJ Maxxx picks up the slack.

I went to an AJ Wright this past Saturday and picked up 5 MLB caps. BoSox, Halos, Cubbies, Twins, and ball-in-glove Brewers. Get there while you can.

2s7i3gp.png

^ I had the teal/purple Hornets cap back in the day!

My favorite player was Muggsy Bogues, so I had Hornets stuff despite really being a Bulls and Bullets fan. Messed up, huh?

I still have a purple Bogues jersey.

87Redskins.png

Archived