Best Unused Logos

IceCap

We've had a couple of prototype/unused re-brand threads through the years, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite logos from the world of what-could-have-been. I'll start.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

This is the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with, in my opinion.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had a couple of prototype/unused re-brand threads through the years, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite logos from the world of what-could-have-been. I'll start.

This is the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with, in my opinion.

Is that the one they almost went to around the time of the Bicentennial? Or is that a late-90s prototype for Elvis?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Is that the one they almost went to around the time of the Bicentennial? Or is that a late-90s prototype for Elvis?

fa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw.gif

Oh good lord Chapeeko, fans throughout the BILLS chat at that time, and Fan-TV on Empire Sports Network call-in were dreading the notion of using that logo, even as it was considered as a proposed secondary logo. There was a big uproar at the time, haha.

Similar as I had heard 49er fans and media had a near riot over this one, that was supposedly known as the 1-day wonder :grin:

1004.gif

What's the criteria for this thread. A current logo that isn't used on uniform, like the Yankee bat/hat logo, old logo that was replaced, like the Brewers mitt logo, or simply a logo the team created and never used for anything, even graphics.

Haven't we had tons of these threads?

Just saying. See the same threads with the same logos and you aren't even new here lol.

Oh well.

2ly2w09.jpg

I'm going to agree with SLAM, these are just horrible logos! And I've never realized this, but the best thing ever to happen to hockey was the Nordiques moving to Colorado so that we wouldn't have to suffer with that complete minor league logo. That logo barely is acceptable for the old IHL. That dog logo is probably one of the worst logos to ever almost hit the ice!

I don't mean to bash your opinion, because you are more than entitled to it...but I honestly don't understand how THIS logo is anywhere close to being better than anything that the Pats have put out there in their entire history. I despise the Pat Patriot logo and I think it totally destroys this logo. Just because its completely different and never been used it doesn't mean its good. Don't you think if this logo was anywhere close to good that someone would have pushed to have it used in someway??? To call it "the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with" seems a lot like more like an opinion shared by a very small group of people. I honestly can't understand why people keep bashing the Flying Elvis logo. Its the best thing they've come up with since they've been in existence...but maybe thats just MY opinion, and maybe I'm the only one. *shoulder shrug* (I doubt it though)

Haven't we had tons of these threads?

Just saying. See the same threads with the same logos and you aren't even new here lol.

Oh well.

Then move along? I always come here and read random threads and don't post a whole lot. I hate when people get mad because a thread might be a doover. I missed the last thread like this.

Archived