Florida State Rebrand

raysox

This will HOPEFULLY be the college I will be attending come this time next year. Too bad I hate their branding.

I think an update is something they should look into, so I can buy many things with the logo on it. Personally, I think the Nike logos they made are better. So I envisioned a logo, which will be an alternate, and wanted to do a rebrand. I chose the current maroon, black, and a color halfway between Vegas gold, and Predator yellow. They have many different colors, and I wanted one set scheme. The logo I was most pleased with was Chief Osceola. He needed a facelift, because the current is just cluttered. I gave it facial features, like a jaw line, and nostrils. Anything to make it more person like. The feather is an actual feather too.

So, I'm just going to post it, and work on my stuff some more!

387216_2557273685573_1065919663_2843475_1095553097_n.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FSU is my school and home away from home. Hope you get in. As far as the logo, I think you Over-simplified it here. Maybe add some detail, just not as much as they currently have. I love seeing guys take this logo on. Look forward to seeing your revisions.

I disagree with jayjackson. I think you hit the nail on the head. It still has a good amount of detail (feather, facial features, face paint) without being too complex. Great job, and I hope you roll out some more logos and maybe some unis.

I agree. I think you are somewhat close, but no cigar. My first thought is that there is a blind man crying. Then I thought there is a sleeping man talking in his sleep. A Native American in a war cry was farther down the list.

It feels too simple... too modern. Updating classic face logos isn't easy. Again, I think you are close, but there is some work that needs to be done.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The eyebrow needs some further arch to it to make it more obvious he's shouting a battle cry and not taking a painful dump.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This will HOPEFULLY be the college I will be attending come this time next year. Too bad I hate their branding.

I think an update is something they should look into, so I can buy many things with the logo on it. Personally, I think the Nike logos they made are better. So I envisioned a logo, which will be an alternate, and wanted to do a rebrand. I chose the current maroon, black, and a color halfway between Vegas gold, and Predator yellow. They have many different colors, and I wanted one set scheme. The logo I was most pleased with was Chief Osceola. He needed a facelift, because the current is just cluttered. I gave it facial features, like a jaw line, and nostrils. Anything to make it more person like. The feather is an actual feather too.

So, I'm just going to post it, and work on my stuff some more!

387216_2557273685573_1065919663_2843475_1095553097_n.jpg

Okay...let's fix this bolded part first and foremost. You can't be hoping and wishing to get into Florida State and then get the colors wrong...it's GARNET and gold (oh yeah, and black)--got that, ginger? :P Okay, now that that's out the way...

...I also agree that 1) at some point the program really should standardize their colors (many may not realize this, but FSU has historically had issues maintaining color consistency), and that 2) Chief Osceola is long overdue for a refreshening. Like some others have said, that head should probably be rotated down a good bit, to evoke a bit of fierceness. And to me, at least, your current rendition looks more like the tragedy side of the Mardi Gras masks to me. (Of course, the same could be said for their current logo as well, so there is that.) I think it might be a good idea to compile a good photo bank of Native Americans...you'll notice many pronounced facial features, one of the most telling being that distinctive arch in the nose, and the high but yet rigid cheekbones (not NEARLY as rigid as, say, a Kato Kaelin--if you even know who that is--but something more along that line). As is now, the curvatures in your version are just a bit too smooth. I will say this, though: I LOVE the inclusion of an actual feather in that logo. And now that I think about it, if you should ever try your hand at an updated spear, try to see how closely you can match the feather in the Chief Osceola logo and the feather in the spear, in the interest of visual unity.

This is a very good start, though. Keep working at it...Imma be watching to see just how far you go with this.

(Oh--and one other thing: EXCELLENT choice of a school to attend! /says former failed alum)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is very good but the facial expression is missing something, a sense of urgentcy or determination, something. It needs to be more emotional. In this version he looks like he's about to sneeze or pop an M&M. Don't take this as a knock, it just needs some slight tweaking and it'll be durn good.

FsQiF2W.png

Thanks guys. Don't worry about sounding harsh, I can agree the face looks kind of off. I traced the original, for the most part, and it has the same facial expression, so I'll change that.

Some updates on progress, I found a font I like for the scripts, I finished my original logo idea, and I'm working on a spear and a FS logo for a cap. After I do the logos, I want to make uniforms for major sports.

The rotation helped a lot. The eye is still bugging me. I get the idea of the battle-cry type face, but an open eye would be much more menacing, I think.

Also, the actual gold color may give the logo a more classic feel that the original had. The yellow is too saturated and cartoony.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

IMO it would look better in Vegas gold than the honey-mustard color you've got going here. I also like the eyebrow better in your first rendition, but this is really coming along nicely.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

The updated one looks better, but the eye looks even worse. Fix the eye and then it will be a winner.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

I was actually thinking about the jawline earlier. What if you took the 90-degree angle (where the jawline turns from "west" to "north") and tapered it in a way where the jawline didn't abruptly turn up?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived