New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't tell me the '47 is going to be on '47's hats going forward.

Yep. UniWatch had an interview with someone from '47 a while back and they mentioned it.

Good bye my favorite hat company.

they're the only hat i buy, and a stupid logo on the side isn't going to change that. a XXL `47 hat is the only thing i feel comfortable in.

anyone know if they'll sell these astro caps in houston oilers colors? :) i might have to get one of those.

Yep. UniWatch had an interview with someone from '47 a while back and they mentioned it.

Really? Now we're bitching about a company putting their own (relatively small) logo on a product that they manufactured? How dare they identify their quality goods by stitching a tiny representative emblem on the side!

The hat looks fine with the '47 logo. [/rant]

I initially thought the Astros new look was too bland, but after a few days I've warmed up to the update. The BP/alt jersey is brilliant, and I'm glad Orbit is back. Solid refresh of a long-standing identity.

Really? Now we're bitching about a company putting their own (relatively small) logo on a product that they manufactured? How dare they identify their quality goods by stitching a tiny representative emblem on the side!

I initially thought the Astros new look was too bland, but after a few days I've warmed up to the update. The BP/alt jersey is brilliant, and I'm glad Orbit is back. Solid refresh of a long-standing identity.

The team's logo is the only one I want.

The team's logo is the only one I want.

scseamrippersmall.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've used a seamripper to take the New Era logo off of a cap before and it doesn't work that well. With so many tiny stitches, it took forever to get it off fully. Also, even after rinsing and heating it several times to try to shrink it, you can still see the outline of where the logo was. If I ever buy another NE cap with the logo on it, I'll probably just live with it instead of taking it off.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing today. They're starting to grow on me. The Road uni is very nice -- understated block wordmark a la Yankees, Giants. However the Home should be a little more inspired. Here's the Home uni with the shooting star typeface. I think it makes a huge difference.

astros.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing today. They're starting to grow on me. The Road uni is very nice -- understated block wordmark a la Yankees, Giants. However the Home should be a little more inspired. Here's the Home uni with the shooting star typeface. I think it makes a huge difference.

astros.jpg

That script type is very out of place with all the rest of that stylized block. (Same thing with the other concept on the previous page.) The only way you'd get that to work would be to use regular MLB standard block, or NOB/number font that matches that script type.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived