Wendy's Changes Logo for First Time Since 1983

dfwabel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaders in innovation in chicken? What?

That being said, the store looks good, but that's for new stores. I highly doubt they're going to remodel the exterior of most of their existing locations.

I like it too. And the logo looks great too. Most times, more simple is better. Also I would think they would remodel the exsisting stores just as McDonalds has done but who knows.

Stores around my area have started to use the new logo on items like chili and drink cups along with fry cartons and carryout bags.

The one color logo treatment has me seeing something I cannot un-see. The collar has the letters M-O-M, mom.

wendys-new-packaging.jpg

I like that. I really like Wendy's. Underrated IMO. Prefer them and bk over McDonald's any day,

Stores around my area have started to use the new logo on items like chili and drink cups along with fry cartons and carryout bags.

The one color logo treatment has me seeing something I cannot un-see. The collar has the letters M-O-M, mom.

wendys-new-packaging.jpg

I like that. I really like Wendy's. Underrated IMO. Prefer them and bk over McDonald's any day,

Same here; there's one right next to USC and even though I feel bad in always going there since it's "fast food" but it's always felt like the ingredients are just, well, better and fresher than other places.

Although having just four nuggets for 99 cents is TOTAL BS.

GR30a5H.png

wendys-new-packaging.jpg

Same here; there's one right next to USC and even though I feel bad in always going there since it's "fast food" but it's always felt like the ingredients are just, well, better and fresher than other places.

Although having just four nuggets for 99 cents is TOTAL BS.

It's basically the same rate as McDonald's 20-piece McNuggets for $4.99 (25 cents/nugget).

I live close to the USC Wendy's, but it's always taboo for some reason to get some grub there, knowing the other selections near the campus (Fatburger, Pollo Loco, Panda Express, and the just-opened Five Guys).

I noticed they changed the font color of the new logo, when it first released the font was like a light hot pink color and every image I see now via google and articles now shows a dark red color, I can't find the first leak anywhere now

amazing the way the internet works lol

Was just checking in on this thread to see if there was any comments on the new packaging.

The agency I work at actually did the new packaging work for Wendy's to go with their new logo. It's absolutely crazy to consider the number of pieces that were done as a part of this...many things I just never thought about having to design. For example: straw wrappers, chili cups (the strangest being half gallon chili containers), dressing packets, sauce containers, coffee cups, paper AND plastic bags. There was close to 50 total pieces designed for this.

Without going in to too much detail, I'm glad Wendy's picked such a clean look. In the corporate world it's easy for designs to get cluttered and I'm happy they understand that usually "less is more."

Was just checking in on this thread to see if there was any comments on the new packaging.

The agency I work at actually did the new packaging work for Wendy's to go with their new logo. It's absolutely crazy to consider the number of pieces that were done as a part of this...many things I just never thought about having to design. For example: straw wrappers, chili cups (the strangest being half gallon chili containers), dressing packets, sauce containers, coffee cups, paper AND plastic bags. There was close to 50 total pieces designed for this.

Without going in to too much detail, I'm glad Wendy's picked such a clean look. In the corporate world it's easy for designs to get cluttered and I'm happy they understand that usually "less is more."

Me too. I work in signage and when it comes to signs simple is always better. In being from Dublin, OH and knowing a handful of people that work for Wendy's corporate office and following this thread I was able to give my boss a heads up that Wendy's was changing their logo and my company is going to be doing some changeover work for Wendy's stores in the greater Cincinnati area.

It's no surprise it took this long to roll the logo out. Example: you still see old Taco Bell and Burger King logos on stores and they both changed over a decade ago. It'll be a long time until we completely see the only Wendy's brand disappear.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Very interesting. One question though: it may be nitpicky, but judging by the picture above (of the packaging) and the evident loss of yellow...why couldn't they find a straw that didn't have yellow -- even if it was just for that picture??

Packaging details have always been fascinating to me...you'd think one of these fast food chains would get creative with something like the straw -- maybe going with a standard swirl/"barbershop" design. Would be unique.

One question though: it may be nitpicky, but judging by the picture above (of the packaging) and the evident loss of yellow...why couldn't they find a straw that didn't have yellow -- even if it was just for that picture??

Packaging details have always been fascinating to me...you'd think one of these fast food chains would get creative with something like the straw -- maybe going with a standard swirl/"barbershop" design. Would be unique.

This image, not entirely sure how it got public, was just a quick comp image. Really meant for internal use only

We went to the Wedny's drive-thru down the street, bought some food, and set it up and photographed it, thus the straw is just what happened to come from the restaurant. It was just meant to give the client a better idea of what the designs would look like in three dimensions. Also, we used these same images for multiple concepts, some of which involved yellow.

One question though: it may be nitpicky, but judging by the picture above (of the packaging) and the evident loss of yellow...why couldn't they find a straw that didn't have yellow -- even if it was just for that picture??

This image, not entirely sure how it got public, was just a quick comp image. Really meant for internal use only

We went to the Wedny's drive-thru down the street, bought some food, and set it up and photographed it, thus the straw is just what happened to come from the restaurant. It was just meant to give the client a better idea of what the designs would look like in three dimensions. Also, we used these same images for multiple concepts, some of which involved yellow.

Great info, thx!

• 3 months later...

Archived