Iowa Barnstormers unveil (bad) uniform changes

reppact

They lost me when they took the wings off the jersey and the propeller off the pants and replaced them with the nonsensical and gratuitous color blotches in the armpits. They are trying to save money by using boilerplate templates for everything. I would not be surprised if the black helmets are cheaper than metallic gold ones.

It's not BFBS because they've always worn black, but it is a travesty.

Gold helmets with the black goggles were perfect (and my favorite helmets in all of football history).

I bet they're matte helmets too. Yuck.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Welp, now everything I loved is dead.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pic isn't showing up for me, but I found it on Twitter. Ugh.

At least when the af2 became the AFL they LOOKED like the old teams. Now everyone is just a cheap imitation, which is fitting. Every recent uniform change has been a downgrade in the AFL, IMO. Rush, Storm, Rattlers, Predators, Barnstormers, Force logo... some long-term classic looks have been scrapped in a hurry. Why did they bother to buy the AFL trademarks? (At least the SaberCats only went white occasionally, right?)

To paraphrase Sodboy, I want to love the sport, but there isn't much left that I recognize.

Mismatching home/away templates is my biggest uniform pet-peeve. That along with the use of the term BFBS. How is that possible since they have always had a black jersey, and it's one of their main colors? Guess the Oakland Raiders have always used BFBS too?

I don't hate them as much as most of you. The goggles on the helmet is the key and I love matte helmets. The gold helmet has been their identity and if they'd asked me (ha!), I'd have told 'em not to change, but it still works with the black helmet, imo. And looking at the Warner picks, the drop shadow numbers, shoulder wings, and (especially) the propeller on the pants are a bit much. OK, it's not the NFL, but still...

I don't like the gold shoulders on the white jersey and I especially don't like the gold (whatever they are) on the shoulders of the black jersey. But overall I don't mind it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived