2014 NBA All Star Logo New Orleans

CrazyTex00

Hosting big parties and events is what we do best. Not just the sporting events mentioned, but also the Sugar Bowl every year, Mardi Gras, Jazz and Heritage Festival, Essence Fest, Voodoo Fest (all every year), concerts, papal visits, and tons of conventions.

I read this in a really loud voice.

That said, you're right; we do. BTW, you forgot the New Orleans Bowl. Isn't NOLA the only city that hosts 2 college football bowl games annually?

San Diego hosts the Holiday Bowl and the Poinsettia Bowl.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix area has two bowls too...

And I definitely see the NBA teams not wanting to host it if they can't accommodate the STHs. I got Grizzlies season tickets (front row.......of the upper deck) this year and they provide a lot of perks for being a STH, more than the other teams I've had ticket packs or season tickets for in the past. STHs are the lifeblood of the business. They give huge discounts and benefits for buying the whole season, so if something can't help them sell more STHs it's just not worth it.

As for the logo, I'd say average, but may upgrade once we see a full color version.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

New Orleans has become the new Florida for big sports events. It's getting old. First the Super Bowl, Wrestlemania, now the NBA All-Star Game.

Whatever happened to places like Minnesota or Washington? What's up with this?

Interestingly enough, the last (and only) time Miami hosted the All-Star game? 1990. They've gotta be due for one in the next few years you'd think (earliest would be 2016) unless Micky Arison doesn't want to host it.

Also for an FYI:

Current NBA cities that have never hosted: Portland, Sacramento, Toronto, Memphis, Oklahoma City, and Brooklyn (they may get it in 2015)

Arenas that have not hosted the All-Star Game (in markets that have hosted before): Palace of Auburn Hills (Pistons), BMO Harris Bradley Center (Bucks), United Center(Bulls), TD Garden (Celtics), American Airlines Arena (Heat), Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Pacers), American Airlines Center (Mavs), AT&T Center (Spurs), and Time Warner Cable Arena (Bobcats).

New Orleans has become the new Florida for big sports events. It's getting old. First the Super Bowl, Wrestlemania, now the NBA All-Star Game.

Whatever happened to places like Minnesota or Washington? What's up with this?

Interestingly enough, the last (and only) time Miami hosted the All-Star game? 1990. They've gotta be due for one in the next few years you'd think (earliest would be 2016) unless Micky Arison doesn't want to host it.

Also for an FYI:

Current NBA cities that have never hosted: Portland, Sacramento, Toronto, Memphis, Oklahoma City, and Brooklyn (they may get it in 2015)

Arenas that have not hosted the All-Star Game (in markets that have hosted before): Palace of Auburn Hills (Pistons), BMO Harris Bradley Center (Bucks), United Center(Bulls), TD Garden (Celtics), American Airlines Arena (Heat), Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Pacers), American Airlines Center (Mavs), AT&T Center (Spurs), and Time Warner Cable Arena (Bobcats).

The Pacers have repeatedly stated that the cost of hosting an All-Star Game isn't worth it.

However, there's a contingent of Pacer fans trying to change their mind.

• 1 month later...

Maybe something like this huh? Quick mock up by me and for the record, I don't like it, I just wanted to see how it will look like. Also random fonts on New Orleans and 2014.

screen-shot-2013-02-23-a.png

Actually, it will be Pantone 293 on the left (instead where you placed the gold) and Pantone 289 on the right. "NEW ORLEANS" and the star between "20" and "14" in gold, the "ALL-STAR" accents and also a gold stroke all over the logo. They use red for the star between "ALL-STAR" and the accent on the fleur-de-lis on the right (Pantone 289). For the accent on the fleur-de-lis on the left (Pantone 293) they will use white.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

I liked weathermans version better.

I dont like that logo at all, dont like the wierd edges that make it look like a doodle. It doesn't look like a ball or a fluer to me, it looks like a skull. Just imagine the semicircles above the LL and TA as eye sockets and ull see it.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived