Best Color Scheme in Sports

JCRGraphix

I am always a sucker of basic black with white and red highlights. Teams in that color always look classic, intimidating and completely bad-ass.

DC United, Orlando Pirates, Saracens rugby, Atlanta Falcons, New Jersey Devils.......etc.

PAMFABHODLHFLLLL.jpg

76p2.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite might be red, gray, and white.

I love UNLV's football uniforms. Might be top-5 in college football, for me.

9407623.jpeg

9230127.jpeg

I loved these black UNLV basketball uniforms. Black with red and gray is one of my favorite color schemes.

ncb_a_unlv_wins_b6_600.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If I had to weigh in, I'd say that it would be any colour, with yellow as a secondary colour and no white.

And if need be, either no white or as much white as yellow or a lot of white, because a little white (see: Nashville Predators) looks tacky and cluttered.

I don't know that I have a favorite, but here are a couple of great ones that are underappreciated:

Questionable uniform execution, but kelly green and gray = awesome. With NO NEED to add black.

Brown and light blue (Tufts)

Orange and Light Blue (Lady Vols)

UMass (When they don't add black)

(which is hard to find)

And LMU (They used to use 'em better)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Top 10:

1. Red, White, and Blue- It may be overused but that's because it always looks good.
  2. Carolina Blue and Black- Seeing UNC's new uniforms in action made me sold on this color scheme
  3. Red and Black- Louisville, Chicago Bulls, and Atlanta Falcons made this color scheme look great
  4. Olive and Seafoam Blue- Tulane looks great in these colors and hopefully keep it that way for a long time
  5. Purple and Gold- LSU, LA Lakers, and the Minnesota Vikings make this a classic
  6. Turquoise and Purple- I absolutely adore the original color scheme of the Arizona Diamondbacks
  7. Green and Yellow- Green Bay, my high school and the Oakland A's make great use of this color scheme
  8. Orange and Purple- Its a shame that Clemson doesn't wear purple as much because it is a main school color. Also the Phoenix Suns use the scheme to perfection
  9. Cardinal and Yellow- USC is the main reason that this scheme looks great
  10. Green and Orange- Why? The U!

latech.jpg

n-NORTH-CAROLINA-large570.jpg?6

Teddy-Bridgewater-Card-Game-300x221.png

tulanegreen.jpg

0fka70yfoia5646tp0jj5l3h2.gif

arizonadiamondbacksaltcap1998.gif

82910445.jpg

hi-res-93290304_crop_650.jpg?1374872818

usc_uniforms.jpg

hi-res-156597743_display_image.jpg?13544

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I like the Blues' color scheme, but more and more I'm feeling like it's not a good idea to have the note in medium blue and then also in navy blue. Bad for branding to have different logos that aren't really that different. I get that it would get lost on a field of the same color, but it worked fine with the deeper royal blue they had in the '80s and '90s. Just put thicker strokes around it or something. And use a better sweater design already, geez.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the KC's use of red/white with a touch of gold is outstanding, especially how the gold blends nicely as a buffer between the two colors on the numbers:

enhanced-buzz-372-1381854675-26.jpg

And I also love the (kind of) similar scheme of wine/gold of the Cavaliers:

uniform_22_130815_0.jpg

P.S. I don't want to be that guy--but after years of reading, this is my first official post on the SL.net forums. I'm excited to be on board!

0626sakic.jpg?w=620

Wow, that pre-edge avalanche colour scheme is a thing of beauty. I haven't really seen those colours used together elsewhere, but they work so well.

Why on Earth the Avs changed the colours, I'll never know. I'm hoping that with Roy and Sakic running things, they'll return to their old style.

Archived