UTB Ocelots

ren69

Last year a college near my hometown area which is way down in south Texas, UT Brownsville

to be exact formally separated itself from TSC (Texas Southmost College). In late 2012 they

announced their own school mascot & introduced a new logo to go along with it. IMO it's a solid

all around mark. I wasn't sure if any of you here have ever seen or even heard of them,

so I wanted to post them & get fellow logo creators & enthusiasts C&C.

UTB-Ocelot03A.jpg

UTB-Ocelot02A.jpg

UTB-Ocelot04A.jpg

UTB-Ocelot01A.jpg

So the Scorpions' nickname is dead? That's too bad. I really like the old mascot (not the design necessarily, but definitily the name).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 1 month later...

Very true Xodius! wonder why they would do the full bodied logo going in a totally different direction. Excellent observation!

If anyone is curious, the logo was done by Dust Bowl Artistry out of Fort Worth, TX

It is a good observation. I created the logo set. To explain, I had originally drawn up a completely different head with the current body. I drew three more heads (after the original) and they ended up liking the last of them and wanted to plug it on the original body. They had a look they were going for.

I can see that the head is pasted on, if I know to look for it. That being said...I think it blends well, and I love the entire set. Awesome.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Not bad for a school that's going to be merged into UT-Pan American in two years. Yep, it's closing. You think that the ocelot concept would work for the new UT-Pan American, or is the Broncs name to entrenched to remove?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived