All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Need, no, but it does fill some empty space well and it's sort of clever. Besides, Buffalo isn't exactly a city on the aesthetic vanguard. There's not much wrong with them sticking to an old logo; it's a shame they ever got away from it in the first place.
  3. Made changes to the Nordiques.. move the flds up so it's below the number.
  4. OK, of course I know about the two Darrens. What I was referring to is what I took as a claim that the Brigadier General has been "played by two different people." I'd never heard anyone say the Sub-Commander is two different people. I either missed the joke (hardly a first for me) or that little piece of the TCR/Admiral saga slipped past me. Or you were referring to the fact that Admiral used to be TCR - which makes perfect sense. Duh. Yes folks, on occasion, I am this dense.
  5. Hmmm.... a conference with 18 teams each divided into 3 divisions. A bit too many teams in a conference for my 5 cents thought. I always thought 6 conferences are plenty enough to keep competition up to higher standards for every fan to watch. Rivalries and traditions are the things that college football is all about. Do you think you could try and do bring back that Southwest Conference along with Big East Conference? I missed these competitions when these 2 were in the existence before Big 12 show up and the moves by 3 former Big East teams to ACC. Maybe 12-14 teams into 6 of 2-divisions conferences?? I mean you guys still be getting the conference championship games before the 16-teams playoffs. Just my opinion
  6. The two newest clubs to be granted membership in Australia's Hyundai A-League soccer competition have unveiled their respective team logos. Western United FC, representing the Western Suburbs of Melbourne and set to begin play next season, revealed the following mark on May 7th:
  7. But they don’t need a buffalo. They’re not the Bisons or the Bills, where they kind of need the animal rendering. Simplifying the identity down to the crosses swords and the B-sword would be fine.
  8. Buffalo + Sabres, it all fits in a nice circle, it's good.
  9. I understand why you say that about the Royals, it is a big change. But I do want to make drastic changes to pretty much every team, an the Royals were a great candidate to do so because of how similar they are to the Dodgers. If you have any suggestions about what way you'd want me to take the Royals let me know and I can try and adjust them. I did take your suggestion on the tigers and here's what I was playing around with. Let me know which one you guys like best. Thanks for the kind words. I changed the gold away to blue, as you requested. I'm not sure if I really think this is an upgrade, but it is up to you guys. Like I said before, there's already two teams with powder blue roads (the Dodgers being one of them) so I'm hesitant to add a third. I also made the alt. gold just to see how it looks, wasn't sure on how to color the crown.
  10. @chcarlson23(idk why I can’t quote you) I do it still because Buffalo Say-Burs sounds weird and Saw-Brays sounds much better
  11. Firstly, I want to say that I love this idea, and although I could argue your thesis of this piece and the phases concept, it’s an intriguing idea nonetheless, and fantastic . The Phase 1 Solons logo seems more like a product of its time for the sake of being a product of its time than really fitting the mold of the Phase 1 teams. Something important to keep in mind for why phase 1 is so special is that in those cases, especially the Jays off the bat and the Astros after the sunrise uniforms, as well as the all lowercase padres looks, is that they were products of their time that tried to anticipate the future. Nothing about the Solons look indicates to me, at least, that this design was meant to be looking towards the future. Also, I can’t put my finger on it, maybe it’s the stroke caps on every single line being squared off, but I have a hard time thinking that is deserves to be a major league logo. Maybe mess with those, if you’re willing, to see how much of a difference it might make. For the 1994 Solons look, the only thing I really have a problem with is the font. I don’t know why, but a more angular font might make it feel more “90s for 90s sake”. Also on the away uniforms, a white outline would probably make the numbers pop more. I’m really excited to see this series fleshed out, however. You’ve been an inspiration to me for all my years on here, and I’m always excited when you start a new series. Super hyped for this, as always, but a little more willing to give suggestions now
  12. Before or after Jobing.com or Gila Bend Arena or whatever the kids are calling it these days?
  13. I've gotten used to the white numbers, but they still don't look right to me.
  14. The Arena Football League seems to be stable, at least this season, with the additions of Columbus and Atlanta and the IFL is also a bit more stable, with the additions of Tucson, Quad City, San Diego and Bismarck, although that seems shaky. Every other indoor league has lost teams. The CIF lost Bismarck and Quad City to the IFL and The Texas Revolution folded a few weeks ago, 5 weeks into the 2019 season. The AAL lost the Florida Tarpons and High County Grizzlies before the season and the Georgia Doom and New England Bobcats during the season. The NAL lost Lehigh Valley and Maine before the season and also one of the men who was responsible for the NAL, Jeff Bouchy left in March. This doesn't happen in outdoor football.
  15. The A’s elephant patch needs significant updating. Here’s the white version, to best illustrate the line work: The ragged attempts at detail, inconsistent line weights, and mismatched “A’s” insignia necessitates an overhaul. It somehow manages to look worse in green. Of course, this what you get when folks in the late-1980s try to resuscitate a 1950s design. Part of the design quality may be poor digitization, but I’m sure that these issues exist in the original renderings.
  16. Today
  17. Yes that was true, especially in the 1981 Divisional. David Woodley, such a tragic story. RIP. Had the potential but Marino came and conquered.
  18. List of the current UDA owners: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/ah-fiction-the-game-of-driveball.467752/page-3#post-18945970
  19. You’re saying that like they left the much better, simpler sabers out of the logo, adding the buffalo just fills an empty space in the shield and adds another element that identifies them as the buffalo sabers
  20. Saskatoon Blades of the WHL (2004-2016 logo) saying “We bleed blue”. Thanks in advance.
  21. My understanding from 2013, when I worked with the Brewers on a 1913 throwback, was that numbers were absolutely required by the league. Perhaps that 2012 game convinced MLB to make such a edict.
  22. Putting “Erie” in the helmet is trying too hard to be clever. You shouldn’t have to search for the location name on the primary mark.
  23. 90's Solons looking great so far. Looking forward to this series continuing on.
  24. Same. I just wanted a say in this large project. I’m going to stay in the concepts section. I will follow you on the blogspot, @hawkfan89. Quick question, how do you comment on the blogspot?
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?