2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Chiefs hang on, Maybe ESPN the Magazine picking them to win the west wasn't so crazy.

I know it's only Week 1 but this win is just as big ad the Texans beating the Colts. The Bolts have owned the Chiefs for the last couple years, Big win in what I think is a very winnable division.

They were 1-11 on 3rd Down Conversions.

Their QB was "Less Than Sanchez"...10/22 for 68 yards and 1TD.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. So who had KC beating San Diego? Oh that's right...I did. :D (sorry folks, I couldn't resist.)

San Diego at Kansas City Infrared41's upset special #2

Very entertaining game. Not a particularly good game but it was fun to watch. I'll be curious to see if KC is actually any good this year.

Anyone care to check and see if Lights Out is hanging at the end of a rope?

BB52Big.jpg

Back to the Lions getting totally screwed for a second... This was in Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback story on SI's website. Tony Dungy makes a great point here.

At NBC on Sunday night, Tony Dungy made a terrific point, asking how can the Lance Moore Super Bowl two-point conversion pass be a good catch -- he barely had control of it before breaking the plane of the goal line, then losing control of the ball -- when a much surer Calvin Johnson catch Sunday in Chicago is ruled no good? Dungy's right. The disparity in the two calls is striking and makes fans and the public look at Sunday's ruling and say it's nonsense.

Yeah. Pretty much.

BB52Big.jpg

Back to the Lions getting totally screwed for a second... This was in Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback story on SI's website. Tony Dungy makes a great point here.

At NBC on Sunday night, Tony Dungy made a terrific point, asking how can the Lance Moore Super Bowl two-point conversion pass be a good catch -- he barely had control of it before breaking the plane of the goal line, then losing control of the ball -- when a much surer Calvin Johnson catch Sunday in Chicago is ruled no good? Dungy's right. The disparity in the two calls is striking and makes fans and the public look at Sunday's ruling and say it's nonsense.

Yeah. Pretty much.

That is why Dungy is one of the best studio analyst in the NFL. He in 100% right. The play to me appeared that Johnson lost the ball when the turned on the ground after landing. He had it when he first hit the ground, that should be the end that should be a catch.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Just got home from the watching tonight's game, and all I've gotta say is: New York Jets... WHAT THE :censored:!!! GOUND AND POUND?? ABORT THAT :censored:! EVERY GODDAMN OFFENSIVE PLAY WAS A RUN. THREE AND OUT ALL MOTHER:censored:ING NIGHT. SIX FIRST DOWNS ALL GAME. WHY EVEN TRADE FOR EDWARDS, OR HOLMES FOR THAT MATTER, IF YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO THROW THE :censored:ING FOOTBALL??? AND AS FOR LAST YEAR'S #1 DEFENSE, ASIDE FROM REVIS, THE SECONDARY WAS A STRAIGHT UP JOKE! CORMARTIE AND WILSON WERE GETTING TEABAGGED BY RAVENS WIDEOUTS ALL GODDAMN EVENING, ESPECIALLY ON 3RD AND LONG. NO EXCUSE FOR THAT :censored:. AND NOT TO JOE :censored:ING FLACCO. NONE! AND ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW WAS THIS EVEN A ONE POINT GAME?? THE JETS GOT :censored:ING OWNED. :censored:!!!!

/tank

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah. Pretty much.

That is why Dungy is one of the best studio analyst in the NFL. He in 100% right. The play to me appeared that Johnson lost the ball when the turned on the ground after landing. He had it when he first hit the ground, that should be the end that should be a catch.

Maybe by common sense but not by the rules. The same thought occurred to me when I saw the Calvin Johnson catch. In a post a few pages back, I said:

===

Think back to the Lance Moore 2-point conversion catch in the Super Bowl. In real time, even I thought, "Crap, incomplete." It wasn't until they super-slow motioned it in HD that it became obvious it was a catch. And if THAT was a catch, this sure as hell was.

===

In the SB, Lance Moore had possession and extended the ball towards the goal line - the so-called "second football act." In addition, that ball was kicked out by a defender, he didn't lose control or drop it. Plus, keep in mind Tony's a Colts homer (as I'm a Saints homer).

I agree completely that this rule is horses*** and Calvin Johnson's catch was a TD, but that's the answer to Dungy's question.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Man... This :censored: ing sucks. The one time Choice decides he should have his first career fumble, is a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Way to go 'Boys... <_<

First impression, the Cowboys defense is extremely good at stopping the opposing offense from scoring. 3 straight plays at the 5, and the 'Skins still couldn't get past the 'Boys D. No offensive touchdowns for the day, against the Cowboys.

That is some good news for my Cowboys...

Here's the bad news... Our offensive play-calling sucks. Really bad actually. I mean, c'mon Garret! Two straight Wide Receiver Screens to Bryant?? Back-to-back?? This insanity doesn't stop here! He called a play that pitches the ball to Barber on a sweep... then another where the play calls for Felix pounding it up the middle? That, to me, makes no damn sense.

Second impression, our offense lost the game. Not the D. Our D stopped them when we needed to, but our offense couldn't deliver. Romo played great, our running backs did the best they could, Austin had another good day, and most of our wideouts played well...

But our o-line! Actually, just Barron. God. I hope he doesn't start, play another down for the Cowboys. He was getting beat all day, and he had that penalty to lose us this game... Right when I thought we stole it back. Disgusting. Who'd have thought, that our defense is elite, but our offense is mediocre at best...

Gotta win these next two games. Don't wanna fall behind with the schedule that we have this year.

This. The OL needs to get healthy and quickly because if we have to rely on Barron then this will be a long season. Defense looks great; the offence is suspect which i haven't liked all preseason long. granted its just the first game of the season so there is time for them to get their :censored: together. They need to and fast if they want to play in the Boss Hogg Bowl come super bowl sunday.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Boy, for a team that talked a lot of smack and carried themselves with the bravado of, say, The Rock in his heyday in the WWE, they sure crapped out badly last night.

6 first downs. That's beyond sad for a team with all of those offensive weapons. I guess this says more about Baltimore's defense then the Jets' offense.

Then the penalties... Good grief, guys! I had to think half of those went on Cromarite and Wilson because the Ravens actually went after those two (Like hell they want to throw to anyone near Revis) and even though Cromartie got a pick, those two got nailed often with PI and Holding calls.

Oh, and New England is next... 0-2 here they come!

Man... This :censored: ing sucks. The one time Choice decides he should have his first career fumble, is a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Way to go 'Boys... <_<

First impression, the Cowboys defense is extremely good at stopping the opposing offense from scoring. 3 straight plays at the 5, and the 'Skins still couldn't get past the 'Boys D. No offensive touchdowns for the day, against the Cowboys.

That is some good news for my Cowboys...

Here's the bad news... Our offensive play-calling sucks. Really bad actually. I mean, c'mon Garret! Two straight Wide Receiver Screens to Bryant?? Back-to-back?? This insanity doesn't stop here! He called a play that pitches the ball to Barber on a sweep... then another where the play calls for Felix pounding it up the middle? That, to me, makes no damn sense.

Second impression, our offense lost the game. Not the D. Our D stopped them when we needed to, but our offense couldn't deliver. Romo played great, our running backs did the best they could, Austin had another good day, and most of our wideouts played well...

But our o-line! Actually, just Barron. God. I hope he doesn't start, play another down for the Cowboys. He was getting beat all day, and he had that penalty to lose us this game... Right when I thought we stole it back. Disgusting. Who'd have thought, that our defense is elite, but our offense is mediocre at best...

Gotta win these next two games. Don't wanna fall behind with the schedule that we have this year.

This. The OL needs to get healthy and quickly because if we have to rely on Barron then this will be a long season. Defense looks great; the offence is suspect which i haven't liked all preseason long. granted its just the first game of the season so there is time for them to get their :censored: together. They need to and fast if they want to play in the Boss Hogg Bowl come super bowl sunday.

*giggles like schoolgirl*

I learned something Sunday Night and Monday. It's funny when he does it for somebody else.

/Rams line had no holding penalties on Sunday

//They won the trade.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Boy, for a team that talked a lot of smack and carried themselves with the bravado of, say, The Rock in his heyday in the WWE, they sure crapped out badly last night.

6 first downs. That's beyond sad for a team with all of those offensive weapons. I guess this says more about Baltimore's defense then the Jets' offense.

Then the penalties... Good grief, guys! I had to think half of those went on Cromarite and Wilson because the Ravens actually went after those two (Like hell they want to throw to anyone near Revis) and even though Cromartie got a pick, those two got nailed often with PI and Holding calls.

Oh, and New England is next... 0-2 here they come!

Baltimore was less than impressive. It was a bad offensive game, and a pretty decent defensive one.

The Ravens aren't making the Super Bowl...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So, uh, yeah.

2h3pjd5.jpg

Ray Lewis has still got it. 81 (on the next play) basically said ":censored: this, Ray Lewis almost knocked me into 1842, I'm gonna go out of bounds and go home. Bye."

Yeah, Lewis made a hell of a stab there. He knifed through the offensive line all night.

That was a huge tackle, even heard the thud it made on tv :shocked:

baltimoreravens.png

Uh, Norv, we can't win Super Bowls if we don't come out of the gates strong. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm getting tired of the indefensible losses to start the year. How do you lose to a team that went 4-12 last year and a grand total of 62 passing yards? Gross.

You don't score as many points as they do?

BB52Big.jpg

I said it back after the Saints v Vikes game. No one is crowned champ after week 1.

All of the Super Bowl favorites were less then impressive in Week 1 and to say a team won't make the Super Bowl because they couldn't do much in their first game is wrong. Judge a team after Week 2 or 3.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So, uh, yeah.

2h3pjd5.jpg

Ray Lewis has still got it. 81 (on the next play) basically said ":censored: this, Ray Lewis almost knocked me into 1842, I'm gonna go out of bounds and go home. Bye."

Yeah, Lewis made a hell of a stab there. He knifed through the offensive line all night.

That was a huge tackle, even heard the thud it made on tv :shocked:

It was a hard hitting game overall. The Jets absolutely lit up Flacco on that sack fumble and Revis smoked Boldin on their interception return.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Ryan Grant's out for the year. Looks like Brandon Jackson gets a crack at the starters role.

That is a big blow to the Packers, Rogers is good but he needs a running attack.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived