infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL Week 1

infrared41

Back for yet another season with picks that are sure to please some and infuriate others. And now, on with the show.

Worst:

Fortunately for us, there weren't any truly awful looking games this week. That said...

1. Carolina at Tampa Bay: The Panthers looked fine, but I can't do my first Best and Worst of the season without pointing out the uniform atrocity that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs used to be a team that never looked bad. Every possible combo of their previous set looked great. Now they're a team that can't possibly look good. What a shame. What a disaster.

Carolina+Panthers+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers

Best:

There were some really great uniform match ups this week.

1. Buffalo at Chicago: The Bears have the best home look in the NFL. The Bills have one of the best looks in the NFL. This one barely edged out game #2 on the strength of the Bears home uniform.

Buffalo+Bills+v+Chicago+Bears+i66z5EHZ5F

2. Oakland at New York Jets: The Jets have one of the best - if not the best all white looks in the NFL. Throw in the Raiders and it's uniform perfection on both sides. Thankfully, the Jets didn't break out the green pants and ruin this classic.

Chris+Ivory+Oakland+Raiders+v+New+York+J

3. Washington at Houston: They have a lousy name, but Washington's NFL team has a great looking uniform. The Texans really need to wear the all white look more often. It looks great.

Washington+Redskins+v+Houston+Texans+ks0

4. San Francisco at Dallas: (Hi, Dennis B.) Imagine how good this game would look if the Cowboys fixed their colors. Still a great looking game - color issues and all.

Brandon+Carr+San+Francisco+49ers+v+Dalla

That's if for this week. Be sure to tune in next week for a brand new edition.

BB52Big.jpg

4. San Francisco at Dallas: (Hi, Dennis B.) Imagine how good this game would look if the Cowboys fixed their colors. Still a great looking game - color issues and all.

Brandon+Carr+San+Francisco+49ers+v+Dalla

That's if for this week Be sure to tune in next week for a brand new edition.

i Personally LOVE the silver-green pants. All my fellow uni-purist-nerds who give such a darn about a consistent color scheme are crazy and silly.

the seafoam pants are DOPE!

:censored:

Oh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If you were to ask me, thats too much mono-white in your Best rankings, amigo.

Then again, I don't hate the Bucs new look on-field that much, either. It's a downgrade, and the number font is stupid, but in a world with teams like the Jags, Seahawks, and Cardinals, I just can't find all the hate for it.

Actually like when the Browns wear their brown pants because it accentuates the striping patterns more.

I can't like the Washington franchise's uniforms because of its inconsistent striping throughout. I find it visually jarring.

I would like the Jets all-white look more if they wore the solid green socks. There is too little green in there for me personally. I still say that they should be wearing white shoes, as it was their legendary quarterback that popularized them in the NFL. FWIW, I think the Dolphins currently have the best all-white look in the league.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Yeah I hate how the Jets insist on wearing the striped socks when they go all white on the road. Those socks should only be reserved for when they wear the green pants.

Good

hi-res-72573862_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=

Good

51909021.jpg.8710.0_display_image.jpeg

not as good

55392998_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=

I like this thread. Keep doing it every week please.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Actually like when the Browns wear their brown pants because it accentuates the striping patterns more.

I can't like the Washington franchise's uniforms because of its inconsistent striping throughout. I find it visually jarring.

I would like the Jets all-white look more if they wore the solid green socks. There is too little green in there for me personally. I still say that they should be wearing white shoes, as it was their legendary quarterback that popularized them in the NFL. FWIW, I think the Dolphins currently have the best all-white look in the league.

It accentuates the striping by not having any?

OP - I agree with almost all of your best looks. The only I'd disagree with is Dallas-San Fran because of how bad the Cowboys mismatch colors. The Bears-Bills were defintely the best in Week 1.

Don't you mean "the New Jersey

87Redskins.png

infrared41, on 08 Sept 2014 - 19:59, said:

Best:

3. Washington at Houston: They have a lousy name, but Washington's NFL team has a great looking uniform. The Texans really need to wear the all white look more often. It looks great.

Washington+Redskins+v+Houston+Texans+ks0

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the Redskins need to change-up their pants combination like the Saints do (even tho' I hate those stripe-less black pants of theirs).

Keep both the white and burgundy pants active. Wearing those yellow pants week in and week out whether it's their burgundy or white jersey is getting old really fast. I'd like to occasionally see the Redskins with white over burgundy and burgundy over white. I don't mind their yellow pants, but I don't wanna see them for all 16 games.

and I really wish the league would do away with this new 1 helmet rule which they are trying to justify by declaring that it will lead to less concussions. That Redskins throwback with the simulated leather helmet was among one of the greatest retro-uniform sets I've seen.

Carolina+Panthers+v+Washington+Redskins+

If you're referring to people not using Washington's name, you'll just have to get over it. The choice not to use the name is not "political." It's simply a choice some of us have made to not endorse a racial slur. Sorry if it...no, I'm not sorry at all.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived