Players with "No Right Uniform"

SuperLeafsFan

I would argue that Moss and Befour do have a "right" uniform (Vikings, Blackhawks) but that an argument can be made for McGwire (A's) or Kidd (Mavs)

The two most memorable things Belfour ever did (win the Cup and offer a billion dollar bribe to the cops) were both in Dallas.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look up the "bash bros". Dude was 87 ROY with 49 HR - in an era where nobody had hit 50 for 10 years, and more than 10 years before that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jaromir Jagr.

I would have to say Pittsburgh for Jagr. Not only is it the only place he won a Cup, it's also where he developed into a superstar, and where he displayed this glorious mullet:

d2b95_Men_Hairstyle_jaromir-jagr-hairsty

The only other team you could argue would be the Rangers, but his tenure there was too short, and he's really only remembered there for the '06 season. I think Jeremy Roenick is a good example. He can be remembered as a Blackhawk, a Coyote, and, to a lesser extent, as a Flyer. There's also Dany Heatley. He broke into the league with the Thrashers and, along with Kovalchuk, was one of the first faces of that franchise, but he also got "50 in '07" as a member of the Senators. Some other NHL examples that haven't been mentioned are Marian Hossa, Scott Niedermayer, Pavel Bure, Dave Andreychuk, and Joe Nieuwendyk.

Would you think of Peyton Manning? Sure, everyone thinks "Colts," but he's done nothing but win in Denver (Super Bowl notwithstanding).

My first thoughts in Hockey went toward the Goalies: Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek, and Nikolai Khabibulin.

Baseball? Barry Bonds. Wade Boggs. Greg Maddux. Alex Rodriguez. Randy Johnson. Along those lines, Ken Griffey Jr. will always be a Mariner, regardless of his stops with the ChiSox and Reds.

Definitely Kurt Warner. As far as I'm concerned, he's a Ram AND a Cardinal equally.

Also, Randall Cunningham (Eagles/Vikings), Gary Carter (Expos/Mets), Andre Dawson (Expos/Cubs).

I'd counter with the Iowa Barnstormers as well as a right uniform for him too.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Danny Ainge:

51.%20Danny%20Ainge.jpg

1130607_display_image.jpg

ainge-112509jpg-e2ceed283cc62091_medium.

227688_display_image.jpg

51551AE1DE26EF691F7911401FE5.jpg

Kings and Blue Jays are definitely out. I think most people put him in a Boston uniform (likely influenced by his post-playing career stint in the front office), but I can see arguments for both Portland (hometown boy) and Phoenix (also coached there), where he was an important part of multiple NBA Finals runs.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

While trying to think of NBA guys, I stumbled upon this site which is interesting regardless of whether it answers this exact question.

Moses Malone and Juwan Howard stick out as good players that don't really have a "team". Moses is a Sixer in my eyes, and Juwan a Wizard, but there is plenty of room for argument.

I don't know why I thought of this player right off the bat: Ricky Watters.

49ers - won a Super Bowl, scored 3 touchdowns in said Super Bowl

Eagles – both uniforms. That’s where he had his “For who? For what?” moment.

Seahawks – ended his career there

They all feel right for me.

I was a big fan of his as a kid because I thought the way he ran looked cool.

With is 49er time being so short almost seems forgotten. But now that he works with the 49ers and does the postgame shows it's building a bond again.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Wilt Chamberlain kinda fits here, as he has his greatest individual success with the Warriors, won his first ring with the 76ers, who also play where he grew up, and his greatest team success with the Lakers. I think he's the best player to ever wear "PHILA" on his chest, but I don't know if it's in blue and gold of the Warriors or the red and blue of the 76ers myself.

It's tough since so many photos were b&w, but I'd say the RWB+yellow warriors PHILA uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived