Before the Seahawks & Buccaneers

wdm1219inpenna

It not as much to do with the 4 new teams as it is is the two new divisions that has caused the problem.

I personally like the 32 team alignment & one of the reasons there is parity is that if you are a division winner you play all other division winners in the conference & your schedule is always tougher.

Except if your the New England Patriots & for some reason always get the other best team on your home field each year. :) just kidding but Denver has traveled to NE the past two years which is one thing I do not understand.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ one time it was due to the scheduling of the division AFC West vs AFC East (which flip flops every 3 years). The other was just due to both teams finishing in the same place the year prior and that year's schedule dictated AFC W1 @ AFC E1

^ one time it was due to the scheduling of the division AFC West vs AFC East (which flip flops every 3 years). The other was just due to both teams finishing in the same place the year prior and that year's schedule dictated AFC W1 @ AFC E1

I figured it was something like that I just like to jab NE a little since Tom Brady cant win the big game anymore unless it is played in Foxboro! ^_^

One thing on the original post jumped out at me and that's a reminder of how awesome the 1980s Eagles helmet was.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

One thing on the original post jumped out at me and that's a reminder of how awesome the below helmet was.

philadelphia-eagles-authentic-pro-line-t

Agreed. I like the simplicity of this helmet much more than the current one.

p-448684-philadelphia-eagles-1996-presen

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

One thing on the original post jumped out at me and that's a reminder of how awesome the below helmet was.

philadelphia-eagles-authentic-pro-line-t

Agreed. I like the simplicity of this helmet much more than the current one.

p-448684-philadelphia-eagles-1996-presen

Absolutely. The new wings look so cartoony. I think the rest of the uniform is nearly perfect, but those wings... yeah.

Maybe if the inside was just silver and no white. Or maybe silver with white outline and just drop the black (it's in the facemask so the helmet would still work with the uniform.) Or just silver and black. Just make the inside of the wing a solid color.

Of course... I still advocate a silver helmet with green/black wing. Pair that with silver pants and I might have to masturbate right in the middle of the lower seating bowl the first time seeing it live.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I remember as a youth Monday Night Football really seemed larger than life. Then again, when one is 5 or 6 years old, heck even 10 years old, many things seemed larger than life to me. It felt like such an event back then, when ABC still had it. Now it feels like "just another football game" with ESPN doing it.

Monday Night Football was an "event" back in the 70's and early 80's. It was "larger than life." Especially in the heyday of Frank Gifford, Don Meredith, and Howard Cosell. It was arguably the most popular show on television. Gifford, Cosell, and Meredith were practically rock stars. Hosting a MNF game back then was a major event for the team and host city. It was really something.

BB52Big.jpg

I've never understood the love for the Pittsburgh Steelers helmet. There's a logo on one side and not the other, for heaven's sake, and that logo is almost a complete knockoff of an existing corporate logo. Take away the six championships and the love for that helmet would not run nearly as deep. It's surely based more on team success than on aesthetics.

I always liked how Pittsburgh adapted the U.S. Steel logo. It's fitting for the Steelers. I do, however, think the organization can now afford to put the logo on both sides of the helmet.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I always liked how Pittsburgh adapted the U.S. Steel logo. It's fitting for the Steelers. I do, however, think the organization can now afford to put the logo on both sides of the helmet.

Actually, in today's economy, due to turmoil in the middle east, economic uncertainty in China and emerging markets, and especially because of Barak HUSSEIN Obamacare, it wouldn't surprise me if more teams decided that they couldn't afford decals for both sides of the helmet, and I think it's only a matter of time before we see a single-wing eagles helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, in today's economy, due to turmoil in the middle east, economic uncertainty in China and emerging markets, and especially because of Barak HUSSEIN Obamacare, it wouldn't surprise me if more teams decided that they couldn't afford decals for both sides of the helmet, and I think it's only a matter of time before we see a single-wing eagles helmet.

This seems like it should have been a publicity stunt in the early 90's, getting people to donate money to help animals caught in pop can rings.

Does that actually happen?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

that turtle has a booty.

That can't be real - how could it get inside the hole and how could it be strong enough to bend the shell?

Didn't think of that - you're probably right. I might have thought the shell enough to break it as it grew but apparently not.

Archived