The new AHL Pacific Pod Name Ideas

CLAW

Ya know it is possible to have an animal-themed nickname for a sports team and NOT actually have a logo with them holding a piece of that sports' equipment

Just saying.

Is it bad that I can't think of one off hand?

2147.gifhnvgfnlnyfhzdt0m0vx00ibgo.gif526378072015.giflty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.gifgnnnrbxcmjhdgeu6mavqk3945.gify6oklqzigo1ver57oxlt60ee0.gif6701.gifcwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.giff1wggq2k8ql88fe33jzhw641u.gif960.gif

What sport does that elephant tusk one play?

That's the Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League.

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know it is possible to have an animal-themed nickname for a sports team and NOT actually have a logo with them holding a piece of that sports' equipment

Just saying.

2147.gifhnvgfnlnyfhzdt0m0vx00ibgo.gif526378072015.giflty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.gifgnnnrbxcmjhdgeu6mavqk3945.gify6oklqzigo1ver57oxlt60ee0.gif6701.gifcwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.giff1wggq2k8ql88fe33jzhw641u.gif960.gif

Yeah see that's one I'd classify as a terrible logo. Doesn't convey who or what at all. Which is why they do tend to err on the side of too much information in the logo more often than not. And why they should with a more obscure team and sport like that.

Just saying.

Yeah see that's one I'd classify as a terrible logo. Doesn't convey who or what at all. Which is why they do tend to err on the side of too much information in the logo more often than not. And why they should with a more obscure team and sport like that.

Then any logo listed fails to convey who or what they are. You just know because they're a major league. You know that's the Detroit Lions NFL team because you simply know it is.

I actually think the Mammoth logo is great. It's the initial, something quintessentially 'Mammoth' related--it's tusks--and the mountains of Colorado. Also one of the most popular teams in the NLL.

Just saying.

6701.gif

That actually does have the equipment pictured. It's for a jai alai team.

slidehome2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

CELJYY9VIAE3hHB.jpg

EDIT: No Moose numbers. Good logo, bad colours, bad jerseys/numbers

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yep, they botched this badly by making it an NHL clone identity. Something really weird's going on with the coloring around the antlers, though I can't quit pick out what.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Too much Royal blue, maybe? After the careful paint by numbers on the rest of the logo, it's like someone thought "we forgot the royal blue!" and just went ham on it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AHL has announced the new alignment for next year. It's the best possible alignment in my opinion:

http://theahl.com/ahl-announces-alignment-for-2015-16-p197883

The alignment is good. But I do wish the western teams were playing a full slate of games now that it's more than just 5 in the Pacific. Maybe after Vancouver moves their AHL team west.

I like the alignment as well. I think the Vancouver Canucks should do the same as the other teams and just buy and move up the Idaho Steelheads to the AHL and send the Utica Comets to the ECHL. Or move a team to Seattle.

2015-16%20AHL%20Division%20Alignment.png

St Johns IceCaps new logo unveiled on Thursday?

"A Change is Coming 05/28/15"

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/highlights/a-change-is-coming/

I just think it will be this.

MTL%20-%20AHL.png

From their "Sport NL (Newfoundland) jerseys):

DSC_6922_16895115217_l.jpg-994-994x468.j

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

St Johns IceCaps new logo unveiled on Thursday?

"A Change is Coming 05/28/15"

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/highlights/a-change-is-coming/

I just think it will be this.

MTL%20-%20AHL.png

From their "Sport NL (Newfoundland) jerseys):

DSC_6922_16895115217_l.jpg-994-994x468.j

Not bad as far as recolorings go. I'd put it at worst as a neutral move. And better than all the other recolorings/tweaks to existing logos these moves have crerated other than the San Diego Gulls (which I still see as a solid improvement).

Honestly, it's a great logo. I'd like to see how the jerseys look, especially If they bring back the third jersey in the Habs' colours as well.

Can't find any fault with it either. Definitely the best of the simple recolorings we've seen this off season. And one of the two best new AHL logos the AHL musical chairs has provided us with.

Archived