The new AHL Pacific Pod Name Ideas

CLAW

Bay-Area-Cudas

Meh. Still not the San Jos-A's. But close, I guess.

---

But seriously, I think Bay Area would be a horrible location name for a team. It's not anything with a hard and fast boundary like a state (Golden State), county (Orange County), city. It's just an area. A space. A general designation.

That's probably a strength to using it. Allows for it to apply to more people than you'd think otherwise. I mean technically the Bay Area itself is somewhat amorphous so it makes sense.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, because at least that has "Tampa" in it. "Bay Area" has no specific identifiers. It'd be like calling a team "Tri-County."

Well I mean most people seem to immediately think San Francisco when you say Bay Area unless you're from western Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

cyberrays-full-ticket-1_zpsiulta9vz.jpg

Let's learn from our mistakes here, shall we?

It's sad when that looks a million times better than what they came up with.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

And here are other logos for the Barracuda.

CBmProQUgAEYPhQ.jpg

And here I didn't think they could possibly make this any worse... but they did. This has got to be one of the uglier jerseys I've ever laid eyes on.

CBmProQUgAEYPhQ.jpg

And here I didn't think they could possibly make this any worse... but they did. This has got to be one of the uglier jerseys I've ever laid eyes on.

But at least they will be .0000013476% faster without the hem stripe just like their parent club.

Well there you have it.

CBm-AbiUMAACrjZ.jpg

Here is the Condors website article: http://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/news/condors-unveil-new-logo-for-ahl-in-2015-16/

"A secondary logo will be revealed along with home and road jerseys later this summer"

7058539d-8944-4c4a-813c-ded9e8db6397.jpg

And they don't know what a hockey stick looks like, either.

Jeebus, isn't anybody in these front offices actually familiar with the sport?

Yeah the Condors had a great look.... Had.

The blue and orange ruins the thing.

And the stick wasn't messed up in the previous version either. The knob and blade tape were white, the rest of the stick was maroon.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

CBmProQUgAEYPhQ.jpg

But at least they will be .0000013476% faster without the hem stripe just like their parent club.

And they'll be visible when jogging at night.

Archived