2016 World Cup of Hockey

spartacat_12

Thoughts on these:

- I can't get past the Adidas stripes. Adidas does that :censored: in soccer and it's so intrusive and visually demanding, but it gets a pass because they've done it forever. I'd prefer not to see that stuff in my sport. 

- The logos are okay. They remind me of the generic international logos from a video game or something, but they're not terrible. 

- Love Canada Hockey's sleeves. That's a good element. 

- Team USA's look isn't good. I've wanted a new USA hockey jersey for a while, but haven't liked many of their recent sweaters. I think I'll finally just drop cash on the 80 throwbacks and be done with it forever. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Solaris said:

also, why does the canada logo look like a pot leaf?

No better way to tell the world that it's going to be legal here than to put it on our hockey jerseys.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

17 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Thoughts on these:

- I can't get past the Adidas stripes. Adidas does that :censored: in soccer and it's so intrusive and visually demanding, but it gets a pass because they've done it forever. I'd prefer not to see that stuff in my sport. 

- The logos are okay. They remind me of the generic international logos from a video game or something, but they're not terrible. 

- Love Canada Hockey's sleeves. That's a good element. 

- Team USA's look isn't good. I've wanted a new USA hockey jersey for a while, but haven't liked many of their recent sweaters. I think I'll finally just drop cash on the 80 throwbacks and be done with it forever. 

I actually don't mind adidas shoulder stripes in soccer but they look extremely out of place on a hockey jersey, even on the sides. 

Agreed - the logos are too generic for my tastes. They're just... meh. 

Yup. 

Yup. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

Logos-Pretty good other than Canada.

Jerseys-Pretty lame other than Canada and NAU23.

I changed my mind. Finland has a very nice set and I've soured on NAU23.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

4 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Complete. Absolute. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARBAGE.

But you say that about EVERYTHING!

Anyways, they don't look too bad. One thing that was a miss though was that either the Europe team or North American team passed on a great opportunity to bring purple in as a color in international competition. That would have been so RAD!

God, I really can't stand the 3 stripes.

I'm a big fan of Europe's logo, but the jerseys are awful. The half and half look has never looked good in any sport, and I'm confused by the colour choice. There's already Finland, the US, and Sweden in blue, plus it's used by Russia & Czech Republic. I would've rather see them in a unique colour like purple or green.

I love the U23 logo, but the jerseys are disappointing (especially the white). Should be incorporating more orange.

As for Canada, the logo seems a bit too much like something you'd see on a generic jersey in Wal-Mart. I like the sleeve striping, and the decision to go with solid white names/numbers. I only wish the black trim on the logo/collar wasn't black. Hopefully this is the year Canada finally goes back to red helmets/pants.

8 minutes ago, Purple said:

But you say that about EVERYTHING!

Anyways, they don't look too bad. One thing that was a miss though was that either the Europe team or North American team passed on a great opportunity to bring purple in as a color in international competition. That would have been so RAD!

Where's the purple text?

image.jpeg.3f02e9834c3ce14099716ece8fc36

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

Where's the purple text?

Sorry, I wasn't expecting you to post in this thread. After all, it has nothing to do with either the Baltimore Orioles or Washington Capitals, so I didn't think it would interest you. :)

4 minutes ago, Purple said:

Sorry, I wasn't expecting you to post in this thread. After all, it has nothing to do with either the Baltimore Orioles or Washington Capitals, so I didn't think it would interest you. :)

You forgot Liverpool. 

Oh, and the Ravens, who wear purple. Now I know that interests you. ;)

spacer.png

I remember seeing the standings of the Chinese national soccer league from the 1980s-1990s, before the Chinese Super League. What made them interesting was the fact that teams were given points in the standings for having a player make the Chinese national team. If this were applied to the NHL standings, using World Cup of Hockey players, these would be the current NHL standings:

"Team Name" - "Points (thru March 2nd @ 9pm CT)" - "Players on World Cup of Hockey teams" - "Total Points":
Capitals - 96 - 7 - 103

Blackhawks - 83 - 9 - 92

Lightning - 78 - 10 - 88

Stars - 83 - 3 - 86

Blues - 83 - 3 - 86

Rangers - 80 - 5 - 85

Kings - 80 - 4 - 84 

Panthers - 80 - 4 - 84

Bruins - 76  - 7 - 83

Red Wings 75 - 7 - 82

Ducks - 76 - 5 - 81

Islanders - 75 - 4 - 79

Predators - 75 - 4 - 79

Sharks - 74 - 5 - 79

Penguins - 72 - 4 - 76 

Flyers - 69 - 5 - 74

Wild - 68 - 5- 73

Avalanche - 68 - 4 - 72

Canadiens - 65 - 4 - 69

Hurricanes - 68 - 0 - 68

Devils - 67 - 1 - 68

Senators - 67 - 1 - 68

Blue Jackets - 60 - 4 - 64

Canucks - 60 - 4 - 64

Coyotes - 60 - 2 - 62

Sabres - 58 - 2 - 60

Jets - 56 - 4 - 60

Flames - 56 - 3 - 59

Oilers - 55 - 4 - 59

Maple Leafs - 52 - 2 - 54
Avangard Omsk - 0 - 2 - 2

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm a big fan of Europe's logo, but the jerseys are awful. The half and half look has never looked good in any sport, and I'm confused by the colour choice. There's already Finland, the US, and Sweden in blue, plus it's used by Russia & Czech Republic. I would've rather see them in a unique colour like purple or green.

Because the EU flag is blue, whereas purple or green would represent absolutely nobody. They could have used them for the NA team, but it's quite obvious that there was a conscious effort to make them look more intimidating (perhaps due to a perceived disadvantage due to their restricted age and experience), which could not be achieved with the likes of purple, which is generally regarded as a more effeminate colour.

Because the EU flag is blue, whereas purple or green would represent absolutely nobody. They could have used them for the NA team, but it's quite obvious that there was a conscious effort to make them look more intimidating (perhaps due to a perceived disadvantage due to their junior status), which could not be achieved with the likes of purple, which is generally regarded as a more effeminate colour.

Is Team Europe made up of U23's or are they made up of Slovaks, Swiss, Germans, etc. (all European players not represented by FIN, SWE, RUS, or CZE)? Is Zdeno Chara on Team Europe?

Just now, @axpze said:

Is Team Europe made up of U23's or are they made up of Slovaks, Swiss, Germans, etc. (all European players not represented by FIN, SWE, RUS, or CZE)? Is Zdeno Chara on Team Europe?

Yes

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

canada needs to put a black trim around there numbers and maybe the leaf sleeves. Usa should have incorporated there red/white flag stripes into the three stripes on the sides. Swedens blue jersey should not have that yellow tail stripe, it clashes with the adidas stripes, make it like the yellow, same with the czechs. Russia and finland are good, team europe and n.a sub-23 are beyond help, just abort them.  

Archived