Ask A Moderator

8 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Why does this site still have a search limit in 2023? You have to wait ~15-30 seconds between every search you make, which I feel has been ongoing for forever on this site.

and sometimes if you click on the next page of results, it interprets it as you running another search and makes you wait longer.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/21/2023 at 11:20 AM, DCarp1231 said:

I think we should implement an eye roll reaction if possible

The negative reactions we already have all carry their own sort of nuance, but none quite capture the sassy "ugh, this is so dumb" energy in the way every teenager has enjoyed giving their parents for generations. I like it, but I wouldn't add any more reactions after this.

I just realized the ratio of negative to positive reactions we have here. We are a grumpy bunch.

EDIT: One day, probably soon, I am gonna regret advocating for this reaction. I just know it.

• LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 4

oBIgzrL.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 5:43 PM, maz said:

The negative reactions we already have all carry their own sort of nuance, but none quite capture the sassy "ugh, this is so dumb" energy in the way every teenager has enjoyed giving their parents for generations. I like it, but I wouldn't add any more reactions after this.

IDK... just like boards have "skins" or light/dark mode, there should be a PG13 mode where a "one-finger salute" reaction would be enabled.  And maybe an ass one, incase the post you're reacting to is just straight-up ass.  Ironically, this post would probably get several of each!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It looks like X.com links auto-embed just like Twitter ones did.  If a change was made on the forum's end to allow that, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, johnrafael said:

No answers?

It would depend on the threads. Three threads that could reasonably be one topic could be merged but three random threads of different topics wouldn't be. 

10 minutes ago, IceCap said:

It would depend on the threads. Three threads that could reasonably be one topic could be merged but three random threads of different topics wouldn't be. 

It would be three topics in concepts forum, all about the same theme, but with years of difference. Could I send you a PM?

11 hours ago, OrangeBalloonCoast said:

Still here, and still wondering.

If it makes a difference, I've been a not-always-so-active member since 2007.

The forums are a separate entity from the www.sportslogos.net homepage.  The moderators of this forum do not have control of the content on www.sportslogos.net.

8 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The forums are a separate entity from the www.sportslogos.net homepage.  The moderators of this forum do not have control of the content on www.sportslogos.net.

Understood.

If possible, can you still share with me who's responsible for the college section of the SportsLogos.Net website?

I assume they are active on the forum, but I don't know if that's a false assumption.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hello mods! Hopefully this is not a request that has already been addressed somewhere else: Would it be possible to simply merge 2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII and NFL 2023 Changes and call it something like "NFL 2023 Season Discussion" or something similar? While having two threads isn't necessarily harming anything, most of the discussion is happening in the week by week matchup thread (at least of late) and as a result, the differentiation doesn't seem necessary anymore. If I recall correctly, the matchup thread was originally started so that the matchups could be posted each week, and members could discuss updates, etc. strictly related to what teams were wearing that week. And then the "main" thread was for all the rest of the discussion about the given season. Now, it just seems like each thread has roughly the same topics (or at least the same subject coverage), but canzman posts the matchups in the matchup thread. Otherwise, there doesn't appear to be a thematic difference anymore. (I feel like I even remember seeing members post stuff along the lines of "I can't remember if it was said in this thread or the other one, but..." indicating ambiguity in where it is appropriate to put a particular post/topic.) As such, would it be possible to just merge the two?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.