Ask A Moderator

1 hour ago, johnrafael said:

How (or to whom) can I send my collection of vector rugby logos to help updating the rugby sector of this website?

As mentioned in the CCSLC FAQ

• If you have a logo that is missing from SportsLogos.net, you can leave a comment and the image in this thread. Please note, however, that the moderators of the CCSLC are separate from the admins at SportsLogos.net, and CCSLC moderators do not have the access or permissions to add logos to SportsLogos.net. If you post in that thread, the logo may not be added to SportsLogos.net for some time, especially if it is not from a major professional franchise.

If you have multiple logos, though, I would encourage you to upload them to Imgur or another third-party hosting site and provide a link to the gallery, rather than posting each one separately.

2 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

As mentioned in the CCSLC FAQ

If you have multiple logos, though, I would encourage you to upload them to Imgur or another third-party hosting site and provide a link to the gallery, rather than posting each one separately.

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SpidersReorg said:

2 questions:

1. Why aren't there any posts in the Fantasy Sports section?

2. What software do you recommend using to makes sports logos?

All your questions are addressed in the FAQ thread 

14. Why can't I get a fantasy team?

• Fantasy teams are perks for members with at least 500 posts and six (6) months on the boards. 
  • Leagues have their own rules in terms of applications and voting processes. Your reputation on the boards will weigh heavily in your likelihood of being selected. 
  • Fantasy league forums are not visible to members until they accumulate 500 posts.

1. What program do I use?

• The vote is still out on that. It depends on what you want to output, and how much money you have to spend. For raster images, MS Paint (free), Paint Shop Pro ($) and Adobe Photoshop ($) are the main ones. Adobe Photoshop is going to give you the most tools, be the best for converting paths into vector images, and also cost you the most. 
  • For vector images, Inkscape (free), Adobe Illustrator ($) or Corel Draw ($) are likely your best options. Different people are going to have their opinion on which is the best, and there really is no definitive answer. If you can get your hands on a demo copy, or if a friend has one, try it out.

VmWIn6B.png

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

Do the BBCodes from Imgur no longer work to post images?

Nope. Just paste the image URL and it should embed automatically. Actually right-click on the image in Imgur and select "Copy image address" -- the Copy Link button just copies a link to the gallery (not the actual image) and won't embed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, officeglenn said:

Nope. Just paste the image URL and it should embed automatically. Actually right-click on the image in Imgur and select "Copy image address" -- the Copy Link button just copies a link to the gallery (not the actual image) and won't embed.

guess its been a bit since I've been on the boards😂

• 4 weeks later...

Can we get more reactions besides just the "thumbs up"?

Like "surprise", "heart", "angry face", and the ever controversial "thumbs down"?

I know that there's been arguments made that the "thumbs down" might hurt people's feelings, but I think that having more reactions would actually have the opposite effect, in that if someone disagrees with a post, they'd simply do a 'thumbs down' rather than reply (unless they have a legitimate point of contention that's worth diving deeper into.)

The other ones might also cut down on fluff posts, and... they're just fun.  Hell - even the angry face is used mostly in jest than otherwise.

I remember back when the thumbs-up was added, I thought it was silly and would never use it, but now that I'm conditioned to reactions on MS Teams and social media, I think there's place for more of them here.

Thanks for your time and consideration.  Looking forward to the day someone can "love" this post rather than just "like" it.

• Love 1
  • Hate 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Like "surprise", "heart", "angry face", and the ever controversial "thumbs down"?

I know that there's been arguments made that the "thumbs down" might hurt people's feelings, but I think that having more reactions would actually have the opposite effect, in that if someone disagrees with a post, they'd simply do a 'thumbs down' rather than reply (unless they have a legitimate point of contention that's worth diving deeper into.)

The other ones might also cut down on fluff posts, and... they're just fun.  Hell - even the angry face is used mostly in jest than otherwise.

I remember back when the thumbs-up was added, I thought it was silly and would never use it, but now that I'm conditioned to reactions on MS Teams and social media, I think there's place for more of them here.

Thanks for your time and consideration.  Looking forward to the day someone can "love" this post rather than just "like" it.

poop emoji

fire emoji

100 underlined 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Hate 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

We originally dropped the other reactions for the exact reason you stated.  But, consider it done.

Partying Comedy Central GIF by Workaholics

• WOAH 2
  • Hurl 1

VmWIn6B.png

53 minutes ago, LMU said:

We originally dropped the other reactions for the exact reason you stated.  But, consider it done.

Partying Comedy Central GIF by Workaholics

Whoa - didn't expect that.  Let's see how it goes!!!

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Two follow ups that I'm sure you've already noticed (and probably are just how the software works):

1. You can't really see the 'react' button anymore.  It's there and becomes visible when you hover, but it's not as obvious as before.

2. Any way to aggregate the reactions right in the post?  So instead of seeing my own "heart" on every one of Infrared's posts and then clicking on the number to see how everyone else reacted, could there be something like "2 likes, 5 whoas, 6 loves"?  Like somehow see at a glance that 50 people hated something while one oddball loved it?

That might take up too much space and not work on mobile though, so IDK.

• Like 1

I can't see reactions in phone. I'm on Android and Firefox.

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out. I'm all in on WOAH

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Two follow ups that I'm sure you've already noticed (and probably are just how the software works):

1. You can't really see the 'react' button anymore.  It's there and becomes visible when you hover, but it's not as obvious as before.

2. Any way to aggregate the reactions right in the post?  So instead of seeing my own "heart" on every one of Infrared's posts and then clicking on the number to see how everyone else reacted, could there be something like "2 likes, 5 whoas, 6 loves"?  Like somehow see at a glance that 50 people hated something while one oddball loved it?

That might take up too much space and not work on mobile though, so IDK.

Done.

And, from what a few of us have discussed, the reactions will also hopefully cut down on derailing attack posts since people can just react and move on.

• Hurl 1
  • Hate 1

VmWIn6B.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.