Ask A Moderator

OK, it's time to make this new system work to our advantage. I'm proposing we start forming alliances. If you're in the alliance, you agree to like or love every post from each member of the alliance. Members of your alliance will compose a list of people whose posts we will hate or puke on no matter that they say.

giphy.gif

• Love 7

BB52Big.jpg

So now that we have all these neat reactions, is it time to get rid of the "leaderboard"?  It's unnecessary anyway, but now "puke" or "thumbs down" etc are going to count towards leader status, which doesn't really make sense.

I don't really see a need to track who "won the day" or accumulated the most likes since we started tracking that 10 years ago or so.  Just doesn't really mean anything, and only serves to remind me how much of my life I've wasted spent here.

Also speaking of leaderboard... WTF happened to @Gothamite and @the admiral?  

• WOAH 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

So now that we have all these neat reactions, is it time to get rid of the "leaderboard"?  It's unnecessary anyway, but now "puke" or "thumbs down" etc are going to count towards leader status, which doesn't really make sense.

I don't really see a need to track who "won the day" or accumulated the most likes since we started tracking that 10 years ago or so.  Just doesn't really mean anything, and only serves to remind me how much of my life I've wasted spent here.

Also speaking of leaderboard... WTF happened to @Gothamite and @the admiral?  

I would very much like to retire visible post count and leaderboards. My numbers are far too high in both, and that's not a humblebrag but the exact opposite.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I would very much like to retire visible post count and leaderboards. My numbers are far too high in both, and that's not a humblebrag but the exact opposite.

I second this and because I agree with him, I will merely puke on DG's original post and reserve a hate for something more appropriate.

• Love 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I fully expect a name change to DG_WOAH in the near future.

• WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How can I react to a post on mobile? Every time I click on an emoji it just shows who reacted with that specific emoji.

• WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

4 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

How can I react to a post on mobile? Every time I click on an emoji it just shows who reacted with that specific emoji.

There should be a blank space just to the right of any reactions that are on a post. Click on that and it should bring up all the reaction options. It’ll be in the same spot even if there isn’t any previous reactions on a post. 

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1

spacer.png

OMG there's more reactions!  Quick observation, there's now applause, "meh", and "huh?".   I was only asking for like 3 or 4, but now there's one for practically any reaction that humans are capable of.

Can we get middle fingers?  Or an emoji doing the "jerkoff" gesture?  And maybe a pucker face, like in case you want to literally kiss a post?

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Huh? 1

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

OMG there's more reactions!  Quick observation, there's now applause, "meh", and "huh?".   I was only asking for like 3 or 4, but now there's one for practically any reaction that humans are capable of.

Can we get middle fingers?  Or an emoji doing the "jerkoff" gesture?  And maybe a pucker face, like in case you want to literally kiss a post?

tumblr_neec7hdR981rwq84jo1_400.gif

• Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Eh, it was a little annoying on day one, but I don't think it matters now.  IT's easy enough to figure out.

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Can we please make it so that I can actually see where to go to react. I know where to go based off trial and error, but wish i could SEE it.

We are trying to see if there's a way to make the button visible, but as of now this is a quirk of the software out of our control.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Not sure where to put this, but is the board being wonky for anybody else? I can barely navigate and everything is all sorts of not normal. Here is what I'm seeing. I'm on Safari.

k7tG76O.png

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 2/9/2022 at 3:25 PM, Brass said:

Not sure where to put this, but is the board being wonky for anybody else? I can barely navigate and everything is all sorts of not normal. Here is what I'm seeing. I'm on Safari.

k7tG76O.png

It's been messed up for me all morning and all evening. Same thing on laptop, phone, everything. I use Google Chrome.

I don't know how long it's going to take, before the issue is fixed.

• 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.