Ask A Moderator

24 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Is it possible to revive a closed topic (not closed for any CCSLC violations). Its a closed topic that I started in 2019 that became relevant again. 

Thanks for your consideration!

Which thread? It is possible, but depending on the topic you might be better to start a new one.

• 2 months later...

Is there a "sad" or "cry" reaction that can be added to the others?

Someone posted that Gallagher just died, and I'm sad, but not sad enough to actually type something out, so I'm really stuck here.  Do I "like" the post, implying that I "like" that Gallagher is dead?  Or "heart" it, which would mean that I'm sending love to Gallagher (which I'm not) but could also mean that I love the post announcing his death.  

I really don't know what to do here, since I don't want to actually type anything about Gallagher's death.  I think a simply frowny face or "with a tear in my eye" reaction would suffice.  Without that, I'm not going to be able to acknowledge Gallagher's death in a way that I deem fitting. 

Thank you for understanding.

• Sad 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Is there a "sad" or "cry" reaction that can be added to the others?

Someone posted that Gallagher just died, and I'm sad, but not sad enough to actually type something out, so I'm really stuck here.  Do I "like" the post, implying that I "like" that Gallagher is dead?  Or "heart" it, which would mean that I'm sending love to Gallagher (which I'm not) but could also mean that I love the post announcing his death.  

I really don't know what to do here, since I don't want to actually type anything about Gallagher's death.  I think a simply frowny face or "with a tear in my eye" reaction would suffice.  Without that, I'm not going to be able to acknowledge Gallagher's death in a way that I deem fitting. 

Thank you for understanding.

It would have taken you a lot less time and effort to type "R.I.P. Gallagher." It's efficient and respectful, it acknowledges his death without being maudlin about it, and it would have saved you (and more importantly, me) the trouble of being here.

• LOL 2
  • Sad 1

BB52Big.jpg

34 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It would have taken you a lot less time and effort to type "R.I.P. Gallagher." It's efficient and respectful, it acknowledges his death without being maudlin about it, and it would have saved you (and more importantly, me) the trouble of being here.

I did want to legitimately aak if it was a possibility to get that reaction added, wasn’t intending to be disrespectful to someone who just passed (trust me… ain’t doing that again!) but in hindsight I see how it came off not as intended. 

FWIW, RIP Gallagher. He legit brought young BBTV a lot of joy, and  brought  my parents a lot of nervous moments every time we had a watermelon and they knew I was dying to smash it (fortunately I was too young to have the strength to do so.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, Jamesizzo said:

Will you guys ever add a fire emoji? 

There are 11 available emojis, and 3-4 of them share similar feelings to what fire might represent. 

No further additions are expected at this time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Meh 1
  • Sad 1

i know the board you cant have more then one account, but to post something on the sportslogos news site do i have to use my board name or can i use something else (i know i have one already for that site, but i forget which one i used (and the password).  i posted something on there today (i logged in with my facebook name)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

There's a difference between an emoji and a reaction.  I don't see how "fire" is a reaction.  Fire is an opinion.  Anger is a reaction.  Sadness is a reaction.  Etc.  The current set of reactions is perfect.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

Maybe a facepalm or a cringe face would be the final one to round out the set.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.