Ask A Moderator

21 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Quick Question-

Me and a friend recently started a sports podcast. I was wondering if we could use the CCSLC Forums to promote our podcast.

Per Rule #7, business or personal ads are not allowed on the forums.

7. No Business or Personal Ads

Any posts or threads solely to promote a store will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own ebay, Craigslists, or Kijiji pages.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

How is BASS allowed though?

BASS is considered the official podcast of the CCSLC.  It's not an outside advertiser.

• Like 2

VmWIn6B.png

22 minutes ago, IceCap said:

It's not a business. We host the show here and we don't make any money off of it. 

Like any good business, we lose money on it!  Consistently! 

• Like 5
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

44 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

How is BASS allowed though?

FWIW, over the nine years we've been doing BASS, I've done multiple podcasts unrelated to CCSLC as have my co-hosts. We've never promoted them here because they have nothing to do with CCSLC. BASS is hosted entirely by CCSLC members and it's very CCSLC-centric. BASS is also born of a podcast that was the original official podcast of these here boards, the Logocast. Do we have listeners outside CCSLC? Yes, but BASS is a podcast that is produced by CCSLC members for CCSLC members. Anything past that is just icing on the cake.

All that being said, I'd be willing to give your show a listen. If it's well produced, has good sound quality, and is engaging, I'd be happy to help you promote it via BASS on our non-CCSLC outlets. Frankly, my biggest concern is that you'll be like most people who decide they want to do a podcast. You'll do a show or two , realize how much work it really is, and bail on it. Doing a show for 9 years isn't as easy as it looks. Trust us on that.

Hope that helps.

• Like 5

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, CS85 said:

Like any good business, we lose money on it!  Consistently!

I shudder to think about how much money the four of us have dumped into this thing over 9 years. We've been in the red since day one. We're still in the red on appx. day 3,000.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, infrared41 said:

I shudder to think about how much money the four of us have dumped into this thing over 9 years. We've been in the red since day one. We're still in the red on appx. day 3,000.

That's consistency you can't buy, folks! 

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What’s up with the MLB threads? Looks like the SiG one was merged with the Logos one, then unmerged, now the logos one is locked?  Should a new logos one be started?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What’s up with the MLB threads? Looks like the SiG one was merged with the Logos one, then unmerged, now the logos one is locked?  Should a new logos one be started?

I believe a mod was trying to split some individual posts from one thread and merge them into the other, but accidentally merged the whole threads together. They've been working to undo it all morning and just locked them while they did so. No need to start any new threads -- the separated threads will be unlocked when they're done.

EDIT: In fact, they were already done and unlocked by the time I finished posting this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else reporting an issue with certain ads causing problems with the forums. Specifically you'll be typing and when an ad loads, usually in one of the side spaces, the cursor on the forum section will deactivate like you've clicked away from the comment window and you have to click the cursor back into place to resume typing? It's only started happening recently. 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone offer up some help/advice on how to include images in a post?  I attempted to use a "share link" from my FlickR account and when I pasted the link in the "insert image from URL" box, the box just turned pink and nothing happened.  Little help please?

Thx!

9 hours ago, G4ce said:

Can anyone offer up some help/advice on how to include images in a post?  I attempted to use a "share link" from my FlickR account and when I pasted the link in the "insert image from URL" box, the box just turned pink and nothing happened.  Little help please?

Thx!

Read the FAQs here: 

There's a section that addresses this

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

• 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

I'm planning to post on this locked thread. There's something about the NBA logo that bothers me.

Unlocking it will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The thread you referred to was locked due to inactivity.  Moderators do not open threads to continue conversation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.