2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Hamilton's life is incredibly sad. That poor bastard has had so many low points that I wish he could've at least known the joy of one World Series before returning back to his dismal existence, but it was an even year.

If I were Josh, I maybe would request a trade from the Angels. If that's the case being hijacked to LA by his loser wife, then I'd want to relocate my existence.

I wonder if he could make good money in Japan... that would be a great 2-3yrs detox from his current chaos, not to mention possibly adored by Japanese fans. Sure it's away from his kids, yet he'd still be able to spend 6 full months a year visiting/being with them. + I'm sure he'd be able to make fair money being a name.

I dunno. It just seems that being an addict & near his children is a worse case than being apart for a couple years & rehabilitating his health.

She stuck with an attic for 12 years, has three of his four children, stood by him through his 2009 relapse in the Tempe bar, the January 2012 incident where Kinsler was called to the bar, was his off-season accountability partner and SHE is the "loser"?

He is the father of three of her four children. He has no children from other relationships. It's a sad situation. Things were going downhill in Texas, but I felt at the time going to Anaheim was the wrong move for Josh. He's spoken of how important his wife has been in his recovery, and maybe their issues this offseason influenced his apparent relapse. I just hope he doesn't lose all control now and has family members to lean on, rather than "friends" to take money from him.

In other news, the Sox walked-off on the Indians after trailing 3-0 going into the bottom of the ninth. After one out, the Indians gave up six straight hits to lose 4-3. For some reason, Francona was playing middle infielder Mike Aviles in CF, and he badly misplayed one of those hits which should have been an out. It's good to watch another team's manager make a huge blunder, just a few days after Ventura chose not to challenge when the eventual winning run was called safe in the ninth inning despite clearly being tagged out.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Josh Hamilton's life is incredibly sad. That poor bastard has had so many low points that I wish he could've at least known the joy of one World Series before returning back to his dismal existence, but it was an even year.

If I were Josh, I maybe would request a trade from the Angels. If that's the case being hijacked to LA by his loser wife, then I'd want to relocate my existence.

I wonder if he could make good money in Japan... that would be a great 2-3yrs detox from his current chaos, not to mention possibly adored by Japanese fans. Sure it's away from his kids, yet he'd still be able to spend 6 full months a year visiting/being with them. + I'm sure he'd be able to make fair money being a name.

I dunno. It just seems that being an addict & near his children is a worse case than being apart for a couple years & rehabilitating his health.

She stuck with an attic for 12 years, has three of his four children, stood by him through his 2009 relapse in the Tempe bar, the January 2012 incident where Kinsler was called to the bar, was his off-season accountability partner and SHE is the "loser"?
Is having a attic now something women don´t like ? it gets worse and worse , i miss the old days where real men were in charge and did not care about what girls bitched about..... and having a attic is very handy imo, you can send children and pets there if they have been naughty

Future alien archaeologists are going to find the remains of Marlins Park and see the homerun statue. They will think that it was a shrine to the humans Fish God.

The Flamingos are cute as hell though, thinking about getting a tattoo of them on my back, what do you think ?

You're better off getting a tattoo of Giancarlo Stanton's Body Issue picture.
Great idea, in full size on the whole back of my body, so when i turn around, people are looking at Giancarlo....just have to pratice my backwards walk then, time to study the "backwards man" again
The joke>>>>>

Your head

Nope my friend, i got the joke all right :) i just continued to make fun of myself, you don´t really belive i have that Giancarlo poster do you ? LOL , you know i am just playing around

Now let me get back to my ESPN nude magazines,(Under Joffrey Lupul's pads edition) thank you very much.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

He is the father of three of her four children. He has no children from other relationships. It's a sad situation. Things were going downhill in Texas, but I felt at the time going to Anaheim was the wrong move for Josh. He's spoken of how important his wife has been in his recovery, and maybe their issues this offseason influenced his apparent relapse. I just hope he doesn't lose all control now and has family members to lean on, rather than "friends" to take money from him.

In other news, the Sox walked-off on the Indians after trailing 3-0 going into the bottom of the ninth. After one out, the Indians gave up six straight hits to lose 4-3. For some reason, Francona was playing middle infielder Mike Aviles in CF, and he badly misplayed one of those hits which should have been an out. It's good to watch another team's manager make a huge blunder, just a few days after Ventura chose not to challenge when the eventual winning run was called safe in the ninth inning despite clearly being tagged out.

I've had a hard time gauging reaction to the Sox this year, although it's early. The Cubs boner has been raging hard, but I do keep a minor interest in the South Siders. How has the young season gone?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've had a hard time gauging reaction to the Sox this year, although it's early. The Cubs boner has been raging hard, but I do keep a minor interest in the South Siders. How has the young season gone?

In a word, meh. The biggest problem has been they haven't been scoring runs. The entire offense outside of Avisail Garcia has been ice cold. Both Samardzija and Quintana had a few shaky starts, so the starting rotation hasn't been what it will be. The back end (Danks and Noesi) have each gotten bombed and had decent starts. I think they'll both be borderline serviceable this season, but neither one is giving them any more than six innings any given night. Luckily, the bullpen has been great. They just called up one of the top pitching prospects, Carlos Rodon. He was held back for the same reason Kris Bryant was. Rodon will kill time in the bullpen so they can keep his inning total under 150 this year, but before July he'll be in the rotation. Unfortunately, John Danks remains untradeable.

They haven't been good so far, but I think it'll be smooth sailing with the exception of the fifth starter spot (and fourth until Rodon joins the rotation). The offense will really improve when Adam Eaton starts hitting. Not much to get excited about yet outside of David Robertson, but all in all it looks like they're in for a solid season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In a word, meh. The biggest problem has been they haven't been scoring runs. The entire offense outside of Avisail Garcia has been ice cold. Both Samardzija and Quintana had a few shaky starts, so the starting rotation hasn't been what it will be. The back end (Danks and Noesi) have each gotten bombed and had decent starts. I think they'll both be borderline serviceable this season, but neither one is giving them any more than six innings any given night. Luckily, the bullpen has been great. They just called up one of the top pitching prospects, Carlos Rodon. He was held back for the same reason Kris Bryant was. Rodon will kill time in the bullpen so they can keep his inning total under 150 this year, but before July he'll be in the rotation. Unfortunately, John Danks remains untradeable.

They haven't been good so far, but I think it'll be smooth sailing with the exception of the fifth starter spot (and fourth until Rodon joins the rotation). The offense will really improve when Adam Eaton starts hitting. Not much to get excited about yet outside of David Robertson, but all in all it looks like they're in for a solid season.

Saw that Eaton attached his suckage to his contract, and Rodon has some folks excited, but what were expectations really? I feel like I hear Danks' name all the damn time (some of which is attributable to the "WADDA BOWT DANKS" cut on The Score). Is he just crap? Bad contract?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Eaton will get over it. He's great when healthy. The problem thus far in his career has been staying healthy. What are Rodon's expectations? He should be an ace eventually. Nobody really knows what to expect his season. As for expectations for the team, probably in the low-to-mid '80s wins, more with some luck. Defense will continue to be an issue for the team, but I thought coming into the season the key was Avisail Garcia. The only positions where you can easily project an improvement over last season are RF, LF and DH, and Melky and LaRoche are older. If Garcia doesn't take the next step, the franchise is really hurting. If he does take the next step (and he's got all the talent in the world), then he becomes a middle of the order bat and this is a really dangerous team.

Danks never really lived up to his expectations after 2008 and '09, but he was still pretty good when he signed his extension. People complained about the money at the time, but now that money is nothing for what he was (#2/3). He tore his shoulder up in 2012 and had an extensive surgery, and shoulder injuries are the hardest to come back from. He never threw very hard, but he's lost about 4 mph and now tops out around 90. He's recovered fully from the shoulder surgery, but it's clear he's never going to get back to what he was before. Last year he was actually really good outside of six games or so where he got absolutely bombed. Of course, you can say the same about many pitchers.

Danks makes more than he's worth that this point, but I feel he can take the ball every 5 days, give them 5-6 innings and keep them in the game more often than not. You're not going to find many fifth starters better than him, but that's not really a compliment. Unfortunately, until Rodon takes a spot in the rotation, they're getting largely the same thing out of Hector Noesi. Danks makes $16 million this year and next, so the Sox are pretty much stuck with him. I think the biggest consternation with the fanbase is that he's getting paid a whole bunch of money to be mediocre, much more than his performance. The Sox aren't getting $16 million of value out of him, but you could do a lot worse than him. In fact, if the Sox had a fifth starter like him a decade ago, they would have surely won the division in 2003 and possibly 2004. So fans are just pissed that he's overpaid, basically. His performance alone isn't going to sink the team when it's got three of the top 10-15 starters in baseball.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They just called up one of the top pitching prospects, Carlos Rodon. He was held back for the same reason Kris Bryant was.

Why wasn't everyone freaking out about him staying down the way they were about Bryant?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They just called up one of the top pitching prospects, Carlos Rodon. He was held back for the same reason Kris Bryant was.

Why wasn't everyone freaking out about him staying down the way they were about Bryant?
Because it's the Cubs.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I think Bryant's ascent was deemed as more scandalous because his 2014 minors performance & spring training play was excellent and merited no demotion, yet the Cubs sheepishly talked around the obvious issue of his service-time crap. When he was finally called up it happened to coincide with a positional injury that gave Epstein & co. all the excuse they needed to get him on the main roster.

Plus I mean, yeah, it's the Cubs. Kind of 70/30 to the Sox on the Chicago spectrum, but that debate is an infinite circle jerk.

twitter

Well, Rodon was just drafted last year, and although he came from college he still had stuff he could have legitimately worked on in the minors. I actually hoped they'd keep him down longer, but I guess this makes more sense in terms of having him pitch through September while still keeping under the innings limit. Of course, the media has already anointed Bryant as the savior for the franchise, and with the improved team looking to crack the 80 wins mark, they were eager for him to come up and dominate. Most of all, he destroyed the Cactus League. And sure, other guys have had great springs before, but his great camp plus his abilities and the media coverage which comes with him being a Cub has sent the media into a frenzy. And when the media gets frenzied, idiots who don't understand baseball act as if holding him out 12 games is going to keep an 80-ish win team from winning 100 games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Orioles keep throwing behind Bautista because he keeps going yard on them with a hop skip.

Dear Buck Showalter, I keep suggesting you fix the hole in the bottom of the suggestion box but you never reply.

Here's a better idea for Baltimore: Make him chase it! He's going to keep doing those hop skips every time he takes an O's pitch and sends it to the bar... for a shot of Jack!

Orioles keep throwing behind Bautista because he keeps going yard on them with a hop skip.

Dear Buck Showalter, I keep suggesting you fix the hole in the bottom of the suggestion box but you never reply.

i severely doubt that Garcia, a Rule V draft player who didnt pitch below high A ball until this season, tried to hit him

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived