Best alternate jersey in MLB

damnyoutuesday

What team has the best alternate jersey?

I nominate the Twins retro off-white uniform (I'm not biased)

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/wp-content/slideshow/2013/09/minnesota-twins-best-and-worst-uniforms/medium/2013-home-jersey-jesse-johnson-.jpg

It looks clean and brings back the some of the best years in franchise history. (Plus it looks really good with the regular TC hat)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit that I love most of the off-white, cream alternates. Some of y'all think they are cliche or overused but they just look so classic. The Cardinals is the best of the bunch and I wish my Braves would adopt theirs full time with a matching gray away set.

hi-res-182302996-andrelton-simmons-of-th

stl-13-creamalt-2-620x798.jpg

min-13-cursivewhitepin-1-620x417.jpg

The Phillies and Indians retro alts are just ok for me. I am not much of a fan of the new Mariners fauxback. I don't think the cream works there at all.

Also, I'm not even sure this counts as an alternate but they now wear it once a year on Patriot's Day and I love it...even with the oddities that it doesn't match without the blue outlines.

123013-MLB-RED-SOX-DAVID-ORTIZ-DC-PI-CQ.

Disregarding the inconsistencies in the Giants uniform set, I really like the new orange uniforms introduced last year. In my opinion, the piping complements the script and the front number pretty well.

Some of the jerseys previously mentioned here are also really nice, most notably the A's yellow and Royals powder blue.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Those Braves and Cardinals alts serve no purpose but no muddle their respective team's uniforms.

Personally I love the Jays blue, Mariners teal, and Mets home blue. I always love when the Rockies where their purples to show off that gorgeous majestic color (particularly the shade they use), but the design does blow quite a bit on that one.

Those Braves and Cardinals alts serve no purpose but no muddle their respective team's uniforms.

I agree, I'm just saying that they're nice-looking jerseys. Should they exist in the context of the teams' brands? Probably not, but they still look fantastic. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if both teams were to go with similar looks full-time. I used to be 100% behind the Braves primary set until I saw it in person. It's nearly impossible to decipher the wordmark with the triple headspoon piping and tomahawk underneath; it looks EXTREMELY cluttered.

Can't seem to post the picture for some reason, but my homer pick goes to the Astros alt with rainbow side panels.

http://images.sportsworldnews.com/data/images/full/6265/george-springer.jpg

That's not an alternate jersey. That jersey in their BP jersey. Houston should do an alternate jersey similar to that. Maybe a blue jersey with an orange star on the left chest or something.

Can't seem to post the picture for some reason, but my homer pick goes to the Astros alt with rainbow side panels.http://images.sportsworldnews.com/data/images/full/6265/george-springer.jpg

That's not an alternate jersey. That jersey in their BP jersey. Houston should do an alternate jersey similar to that. Maybe a blure jersey with an orange star on the left chest or something.

It was the Sunday home alt for the first year.

Archived