Dodgers "Dodgers" grey

Giants SF grey

St. Louis Cream

(formerly) Mets whites, i believe they were called sky whites

old pirates pinstripes

Phillies cream

White Sox

new seattle

My nitpick with the orioles orange jersey: the orange stripe looks horrid on the orange, even though it's fantastic on the regular jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Here's a good one, but you might not recognize it... they only wear it once or twice a year.

chicago-white-sox-jake-peavy-kenny-willi

Um...this isn't 2008 anymore, they've worn those constantly the last few years.
But unfortunately with that Sox logo replaced by the cap logo.

It used to be that the Sox wore the same jersey until they lost in it.

Here's a good one, but you might not recognize it... they only wear it once or twice a year.

chicago-white-sox-jake-peavy-kenny-willi

Um...this isn't 2008 anymore, they've worn those constantly the last few years.
But unfortunately with that Sox logo replaced by the cap logo.

It used to be that the Sox wore the same jersey until they lost in it.

The change of Sox/Diamond logo to Cap logo was a huge downgrade. They should have kept it.

I'll withhold answering this topic till the Padres re-introduce brown and, preferably, gold into their uniforms. Then I'm sure their alternates will look fantastic. Even if it's brown and orange, which was never quite as good but I'll take it. If they stick with navy-n-blah, or revert to navy-n-orange or navy-n-PCL-red, on the other hand, I'll still refrain from answering.

One of the only alternate jerseys I get excited about

hi-res-49d739066ce90e626e05206231cefd95_

bonus points for the teal billed hat they only wear with the teal shirts.

They should also wear them with the regular white home unis. Leave the current all-blue cap for the road and dark alternate unis.

I'm shocked at the love the Braves' fauxback gets. It's only the recent trend of pointless road alts (Giants, Cubs, Dodgers) that bumped it from the worst spot. It's an absolutely terrible jersey. It omits the triple striping the Braves have long worn and their iconic tomahawk. I literally cannot think of a single way to make them worse. Wait - put "Tha ATL" on the front. That's the only way to make them worse. And due to these horrific alts, the graciously departed red jersey and the crappy road alts, the Braves took a classic look that symbolized a powerhouse team and bastardized it to the point of befitting Dan Uggla and BJ Upton.

As for the best alts, I'd have to put the Mariners teal at the top as well. It's such a good color, and it's so RARE. Other teams should take a hint. If you wear an alt twice a week (or every road game), it stops being an alt and becoming boring. The Mariners alt never stops being special because it's only worn once a week at home. Other great alts are the Mets' home blues, the Blue Jays' alts (although they are worn much too often), and the Orioles' blacks (although I wish they'd leave black to the Giants, with the Giants leaving orange to them). Also, the Brewers' BIG if you want to include throwback alts.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They should also wear them with the regular white home unis. Leave the current had me cap for the road and dark alternate unis.

Absolutely. In fact, I'd prefer if they wore that hat for all home games except with the teal jersey, since I dislike the look of alternate jerseys which match the brim of the hat (and only the brim). That Mariners alt would look better even with a solid navy or with the old teal cap with a navy brim. Either way, the former home cap needs to be worn more. I'd love to see them wear it for every game, home and road.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They should also wear them with the regular white home unis. Leave the current had me cap for the road and dark alternate unis.

Absolutely. In fact, I'd prefer if they wore that hat for all home games except with the teal jersey, since I dislike the look of alternate jerseys which match the brim of the hat (and only the brim). That Mariners alt would look better even with a solid navy or with the old teal cap with a navy brim. Either way, the former home cap needs to be worn more. I'd love to see them wear it for every game, home and road.

Kinda like the teal alt with the all-blue one:

sea-teal.jpg

But, if they have to wear another cap with the teal alternate, it needs to be these beauties:

seattle-mariners-1994-cooperstown-altern

But, to be totally honest, I think the Mariners are gonna move away from teal. The cream/royal/gold experiment is testing the grounds to return to a pseudo throwback look in the near future,

Archived