Does Anyone Else Hate This?

GriffinM6

I absolutely hate when people go on a teams social media page and talk crap about your team. i.e. I'll be on a Steelers page, and A-hole Bungals or Ratbird fans will talk crap. Like seriously?! Get a freaking life and show some class. Gosh this pisses me off so much.

If this bothers you even a little bit, then perhaps the internet isn't for you.

I think I'm going to go troll on the Hawks page for a while.

The internet is for me. Go ask anyone my age who is a sports fan and follows their favorite team on Instagram and they will tell you that they see people talking crap about their team. They will definitely tell you it's annoying. How much of a life could you possibly not have if you actually spend the time to mess with people on a freaking Instagram page?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely hate when people go on a teams social media page and talk crap about your team. i.e. I'll be on a Steelers page, and A-hole Bungals or Ratbird fans will talk crap. Like seriously?! Get a freaking life and show some class. Gosh this pisses me off so much.

The internet is for me. Go ask anyone my age who is a sports fan and follows their favorite team on Instagram and they will tell you that they see people talking crap about their team. They will definitely tell you it's annoying. How much of a life could you possibly not have if you actually spend the time to mess with people on a freaking Instagram page?

Plenty. It takes 5 seconds to troll an image. Faster than tagging a place with graffiti.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

or you could do this revolutionary thing called ignoring it. who gives a flying :censored: what some person on the internet says on the internet.

I am technically a millenial (though I think the generation should be split into two groups and I should be in the less dumb group) and it's not really something I'm that concerned with.

I have an instagram account, I follow my favorite teams on instagram, and I've seen arguments, bad language, racism, etc. in the comments section below the photos on team accounts. That's just how the internet internets and it's not just a young people thing. The trick is to just not look at any comments section on anything ever.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am technically a millenial (though I think the generation should be split into two groups and I should be in the less dumb group)

I'm with you in sub-generation and sentiment. There seems to be a cutoff point where the norm became for kids to be vapid "go-getters" who go about their scholastic and professional lives with all the profundity and variability of a dog playing fetch. I don't think there's a date I can nail down, but let's for the sake of argument say February 3rd, 1988.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The trick is to just not look at any comments section on anything ever.

BUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH MEANS YOU CAN'T CALL ME DUMB FOR SAYING DUMB THINGS!

I agree. Comments on the internet about anything are the absolute worst.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's strange to discuss internet dialogue with my uncle who is in his late 40's and only know grasping that you can leave comments on things online. He talks about it in a similar sense that early anthropologists journaled their interactions with an indigenous tribe of potential cannibals, yet he himself is kind of wanting to don their war paint and feast upon flesh. It worries me. Thankfully we're still in the "how do memes work" phase, where any image with all-caps impact text is a meme and they apply to everything.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

where any image with all-caps impact text is a meme and they apply to everything.

Not this old chestnut. Another one in the "this is why we can't have nice things" category.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

or you could do this revolutionary thing called ignoring it. who gives a flying :censored: what some person on the internet says on the internet.

Great job of telling someone to do something, and then not doing it yourself by mini-ranting about what you are responding about.

One of my cousins bf's FB wall is plastered with NY Rangers smack.

I only added him last fall, yet I can't help think he's been waiting 20yrs to unleash his bandwagon passion aka not bandwagon fan, just being public about it when they're rolling.

I say that because if the Rangers bow early, I really don't see him posting much about it 2wks later. I'll keep you posted.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I am technically a millenial (though I think the generation should be split into two groups and I should be in the less dumb group)

I'm with you in sub-generation and sentiment. There seems to be a cutoff point where the norm became for kids to be vapid "go-getters" who go about their scholastic and professional lives with all the profundity and variability of a dog playing fetch. I don't think there's a date I can nail down, but let's for the sake of argument say February 3rd, 1988.

I think that's too early because I graduated high school with kids who were born in 1988 and we graduated almost ten years ago. I think high school today is a much different place than it was ten years ago, whereas I don't think much had changed between high school in 1995 and 2005.

I propose January 1990. I've interviewed intern candidates and candidates for fulltime positions and without fail the people under 25 don't play the game, their conversation skills aren't as strong, and their correspondence is completely different than the people older than 25. Something happened when those people were teenagers. Maybe it was when youtube came about during their formative years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am technically a millenial (though I think the generation should be split into two groups and I should be in the less dumb group) and it's not really something I'm that concerned with.

I have an instagram account, I follow my favorite teams on instagram, and I've seen arguments, bad language, racism, etc. in the comments section below the photos on team accounts. That's just how the internet internets and it's not just a young people thing. The trick is to just not look at any comments section on anything ever.

Hell, I'm a millenial and I don't have Instagram, my only Facebook page is the one I set up for work, and my only Twitter account is one I created for a podcast I do.

I'm in a really strange place.

And yeah, I like 1990 as the cut-off point. Damn kids. Weren't even there when the wall came down!

I think 1990 is a good line to draw, but for a different reason: Facebook became open to everyone in late 2006. Based on what I've heard from my inside source (neighbor girl), social media has been horrible for high school. If you were born in 1990, that would make you somewhere around a sophomore/junior in 2006, enough time for Facebook to penetrate and for people to learn how to be horrible to each other with it before that group graduated.

I was in a hardware store, walked up to get a key duped and saw the guy behind the counter looking at a woman-in-lingerie photo on the computer. Nothing explicit, but I felt it was best to leave him to his business. As I walked past he scrolled up and I realized he was just on Facebook.

But I passed on getting the key duped and kept walking anyway. The moment had passed.

I'm annoyed by the constant arguing by people fans of the same team on the same facebook page. There's a Buccaneers page I joined. Everyday it's people arguing between Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. I'd be fine with respectful debates over who'd be better. But this has turned into everybody attacking anybody with a different view than theirs.

Archived