Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That scumbag got a slap on the wrist for his sexist commenting on a sportscaster's boobs, and of course everyone overlooks his rampant sexism and racism. But seeing with how harshly Sharp came out against the original story and threatening lawsuits, and considering that Cheryl Scott is Chicago's sweetheart and hasn't dragged anyone through the mud, hopefully Bernstein is fired and ends up penniless in a gutter. He's a true piece of human garbage.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Looking back, 2011 was one hell of an outlier. Crazy to think Chicago/LA BOTH went out in the first round.

Since Pittsburgh/Detroit traded Cups, save for BOS/VAN, it's been the same old same old.

L.A. wasn't expected to do anything that year. They were pegged as the underdog against the Sharks and the injury to Kopitar had everyone calling for a sweep. In typical Sharks fashion, they still almost lost.

Kane throwin' out the shocker for the team photograph....

Hidehey!

It looked more like he was holding up three fingers (pinkie, ring, middle) than making the shocker gesture.

That scumbag got a slap on the wrist for his sexist commenting on a sportscaster's boobs, and of course everyone overlooks his rampant sexism and racism.

He's become Mike North.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Corey Crawford morphed into a .970+ S% 'keeper in the last three games. What can you do? Variance is sometimes the best thing ever (see: escaping MTL despite a dozen iron shots), and sometimes it's the worst thing ever.

The Lightning played the best team in the NHL, both this year and of the past six seasons, to 355 out of 360 minutes inside a -1 to +1 goal margin. Maybe a totally different game if Stamkos doesn't scald the cross bar, or gets an inch more lift over Crawford's pad, or whatever the hell. This was a coin flip series, and the 'Hawks won. Fair play to them. That was a really good series. Congrats.

spacer.png

Corey Crawford morphed into a .970+ S% 'keeper in the last three games. What can you do? Variance is sometimes the best thing ever (see: escaping MTL despite a dozen iron shots), and sometimes it's the worst thing ever.

The Lightning played the best team in the NHL, both this year and of the past six seasons, to 355 out of 360 minutes inside a -1 to +1 goal margin. Maybe a totally different game if Stamkos doesn't scald the cross bar, or gets an inch more lift over Crawford's pad, or whatever the hell. This was a coin flip series, and the 'Hawks won. Fair play to them. That was a really good series. Congrats.

Congratulations to you guys on a great season, as well. The Lightning outplayed the Hawks through the first four, and the Hawks were lucky to be tied. You guys caught some tough breaks in this series. Bishop was unbelievable considering his injury. There's good things in Tampa's future.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Thanks. Same to your side. I was very impressed with what the Lightning brought. Victor Hedman has to be considered one of the five best defensemen in the world. That size with that stride is something to behold. Best of luck going forward.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kane throwin' out the shocker for the team photograph....

"The 2014-15 Chicago Blackhawks: One In The Stink"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

After years of Stanley Cup Final matchup bad luck TV wise (NHL on FOX couldn't catch a break, ABC never got a major MAJOR market in the Finals), NBC has been riding the big-market gravy train.

Chicago, Boston, LA, Pittsburgh, Detroit have combined to win all but 2 Cups since the '05 lockout.

After years of Stanley Cup Final matchup bad luck TV wise (NHL on FOX couldn't catch a break, ABC never got a major MAJOR market in the Finals), NBC has been riding the big-market gravy train.

Chicago, Boston, LA, Pittsburgh, Detroit have combined to win all but 2 Cups since the '05 lockout.

No one actually cares. Shut up.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seriously, is the NHL going to forever stick with the inevitable predictable Cup game plan of 'Bettman comes out, gets booed mercilessly?'

Booing Gary Bettman on Cup night is as predictable as a Steph Curry three.

They should have sent out a Blackhawk great to alleviate things.

Kinda like what the NBA has done with Bill Russell and Finals MVP.

Seriously, is the NHL going to forever stick with the inevitable predictable Cup game plan of 'Bettman comes out, gets booed mercilessly?'

Booing Gary Bettman on Cup night is as predictable as a Steph Curry three.

They should have sent out a Blackhawk great to alleviate things.

Kinda like what the NBA has done with Bill Russell and Finals MVP.

Seriously, go watch something else.

I've honestly had one of the most stressful days of my life and only experienced this win through Twitter, texts, and YouTube hours after the fact. It's been a day. They won the damn thing and it feels amazing but today was kind of a perspective thing for me personally regarding sports and where it stands in my life, and just how quickly it can become meaningless.

I'm happy for them and for all fans of both the Hawks and Bolts, because it was a fantastic series. Can't wait until next year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

BTW, the winner in the 2015 CCSLC Rite of Spring Bracket Challenge is...

John Walsh's bracket!... Congrats to whoever... 347 points. Only 51 points off the NHL's overall winner.

2. ninersdd 338 points

3. Kaz 275 points

4. zpqmaowl 266 points

5. chrysleraspen08 231 points

Archived