Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Hey, remember when the Lightning were a virtual shoe-in to win this series? Those were better times. Much better times. Times that I'm not too optimistic will...oh, actually happen.

Jeezus. I would've expected fans of a team that's won the Cup twice in the last six years wouldn't be so quick to panic about a 2-1 series deficit. Sounded ridiculous on Monday and looks completely ridiculous in retrospect.

spacer.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that would be salt in a salt shaker.

COSMIC INSULTING JOKE SCORE

Joke Framing: 1/10

Joke Timing: 0/10

Laughter Potential Possible: 0/10

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Achieving a 3-2 lead in the SCF against the Lightning, on the road, with a chance to win the cup in one of the best looking red jerseys ever created... How very familiar. The uniform enthusiast in me hopes the result will very different. You stole your cup Tampa, and you don't deserve another... Ever. More people showed up to Calgary's rally after losing than your pathetic cup parade.

Go Hawks

Hey, if anyone would know anything about theft in a Stanley Cup Final, it would be a Canucks fan.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, if anyone would know anything about theft in a Stanley Cup Final, it would be a Canucks fan.

What exactly are you referencing, just out of curiosity. (Could be a number of things).

That's the point.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Hey, remember when the Lightning were a virtual shoe-in to win this series? Those were better times. Much better times. Times that I'm not too optimistic will...oh, actually happen.

Jeezus. I would've expected fans of a team that's won the Cup twice in the last six years wouldn't be so quick to panic about a 2-1 series deficit. Sounded ridiculous on Monday and looks completely ridiculous in retrospect.

I wasn't personally declaring the series over, but it sure as hell didn't look encouraging. They had played like crap for three games and were lucky to have won one of them. They were getting beaten by an injured goalie and not even making him work that hard. It's a short series and they were halfway to elimination. Things change on a dime. For instance, if the Lightning come out an win tonight, I don't think too many people would feel good about Chicago's chances on Wednesday.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think I've posted this before but it still works...

Blackhawks fans when their team is playing for the Cup.

BB52Big.jpg

Hope the Hawks close it out tonight!

I have the red jersey and just want to buy a 2015 patch, then throw a patch on my home Towes jersey!

Plus I'll win 300 in my pool when the Hawks win the Cup, another 100 if they do it in 6 and another 100 if 7 goals are scored tonight!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Hope the Hawks close it out tonight!

I have the red jersey and just want to buy a 2015 patch, then throw a patch on my home Towes jersey!

Plus I'll win 300 in my pool when the Hawks win the Cup, another 100 if they do it in 6 and another 100 if 7 goals are scored tonight!

Well, hopefully you win $500 tonight. But I'd rather the Hawks win 4-3 than 6-1 with the entire third period being a formality. That being said, I very well might have a heart attack in a 4-3 game. Just in case, I'll leave my laptop open to this website and instruct my wife to alert you guys of my demise.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Step this way sir...looks like you have some contraband in your bag.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/06/15/stanley-cup-chicago-blackhawks-tampa-bay-lightning-x-ray

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There's no shame in winning the cup 6-1 at home in Game 6.

Definitely not. I'll gladly take it. I'm just saying that I'd prefer a close game to a blowout. I'm reminded of most Super Bowls from the '90s when the NFC players would bust out the championship hats with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game. It would be nice if the outcome was in doubt until the end and there was a real, spontaneous reaction, not just guys killing time and waiting to celebrate. But that, like winning at home, is ultimately icing on the cake.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've had enough close games for a lifetime this year. Step on their goddamn throats until they're purple and crapping themselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Step this way sir...looks like you have some contraband in your bag.

stanley-cup-finals-x-ray.jpg?itok=8CTDrl

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/06/15/stanley-cup-chicago-blackhawks-tampa-bay-lightning-x-ray

Phil Pritchard comes across as the type who enjoys a thorough cavity search.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm wanting the Blackhawks to win tonight, only because a buddy of mine was in Chicago this morning and grabbed today's paper for me. It'd be neat to have a Chicago paper the day they win the Cup at home for the first time in 70-whatever years....

Archived