Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Clever move, adding Mike Smith to the roster.

C'mon, man. That was an obvious call. I really don't see why the Hawks are so up in arms over this.

There was no need for Saad's gloves to make contact with Bishop, that being said the amount of contact wasn't even close to the reaction given.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The refs have been wildly inconsistent in enforcing goaltender interference all spring. Bishop wasn't going to get the call unless he faked his own death.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Reaching the ol' boiling point with this crap. The team practically had to sell their souls to lucifer himself to score a 2nd goal against a broken up goalie, then promptly soil themselves and some bullcrap slop tumbles past Crawford.

But hey, I guess I can't complain. I should just be happy they made it this far, right?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Okay, now I'm concerned.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hedman has grown infinitely this postseason. He's Keith-like in that the more he plays the better he is.

Halfway to getting to go to a day with the Cup!

Really don't know what that game was supposed to be about, but the eye test says exhaustion is setting in and the poor depth is finally rearing its ugly head at the worst time. Great 4th line, but honestly at this point you gotta move Shaw up with Toews and Saad. Kane's either re-injured himself or isn't seeing the ice well and Hossa's not finishing the great plays he seems to start. Crawford's letting in softies that utterly negate the highlight reel saves, and even the mighty Duncan Keith isn't leaving a dent.

Tonight was a totally winnable game against a blatantly injured goalie, but the Blackhawks are fading away. The next game is the series, and I wonder if the guys in that locker room even believe they're capable of it at this point.

It took all my restraint not to go full irrational hate-driven meatball in this post. Had to settle for about 40% effort, which is about on par with the Blackhawks performance tonight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reaching the ol' boiling point with this crap. The team practically had to sell their souls to lucifer himself to score a 2nd goal against a broken up goalie, then promptly soil themselves and some bullcrap slop tumbles past Crawford.

But hey, I guess I can't complain. I should just be happy they made it this far, right?

I mean, yeah kind of. You wanna trade?

PvO6ZWJ.png

How 'bout you stop watching hockey, and figure out something you like instead?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

We're turning on ourselves. The situation is degrading internally.

twitter

Admiral is now brief, glum, and sad.

Sodboy is now acrimonious toward pessimism.

TheOldRoman is apparently just washing his hands of the entire thing.

C'mon, guys. You're supposed to chide me for surrender and jellyfishing, but here we are. I'm confused.

twitter

Piss-poor effort from the Hawks. Series is probably over.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO I CAN'T TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE

NOW YOU LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN WELL CS85. I KNOW WE'VE ALL ASSUMED THIS SORT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL HANDICAPPING WHEREIN WE SET OURSELVES UP FOR FAILURE SO THAT FAILURE MEETS EXPECTATIONS AND SUCCESS EXCEEDS THEM BUT JESUS :censored: CHRIST ENOUGH ALREADY THIS HAS GOTTEN CATEGORICALLY ABSURD AND IT'S WHY I DON'T READ THIS THREAD DURING GAMES ANYMORE I JUST SIT AND WATCH TELEVISION OFF THE :censored: GRID PARTYING LIKE IT'S 1993 AND IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY

NO GOD DAMN IT NO EVERY TIME THE HAWKS GIVE UP A GOAL THEY ARE NOT DONE, THEY ARE NOT FRAUDS, THEY ARE JUST PLAYING A REALLY GOOD TEAM WHILE ALSO BEING A REALLY GOOD TEAM THEMSELVES BECAUSE HOLY CRAP IT'S ACTUALLY A STANLEY CUP FINAL WHERE BOTH TEAMS ARE ELITE AND RIGHTFULLY PLACED AND NOT JUST GOOD TEAM VERSUS HOT GOALIE AND THE HOT BUTTERED CRAPWAGON. YOU MAY REMEMBER THAT THE HAWKS DESTROYED EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE EXCEPT BALDY AND THE QUACKERS SO HEY HAVE SOME :censored:ING FAITH. ALSO, THE BRUINS WERE IN THE TOP OF THE EAST ALBEIT QUIETLY BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS ON PITTSBURGH'S DICKS BUT STILL THEY WERE REALLY REALLY GOOD. SO RECALIBRATE YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR STOP GODDAMN WATCHING.

I'M USUALLY PESSIMISTIC BUT NOOOOOOOOO I AM DOING SOMERSAULTS OF JOY BECAUSE I THINK THE HAWKS CAN WIN

AND IF THERE'S A PARADE IN CHICAGO, DON'T COME UP. YOU'RE NOT INVITED. I WILL SCOUR THE ENTIRETY OF THE LOOP TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT THERE, AND IF YOU ARE, I'LL KICK YOU IN THE NUTS, GRAB YOU BY THE ANKLES, AND IF I DON'T JUST THROW YOU IN THE LAKE LIKE THAT METEOROLOGY STUDENT WHO JUST DIED, I'LL DRAG YOU TO UNION STATION AND STUFF YOU IN AN AMTRAK FOR NOT NECESSARILY DOWNSTATE BUT ANYWHERE BUT HERE BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT ON BOARD WITH THIS THEN JUST GO AWAY FOREVER AND DON'T LIKE HOCKEY. DON'T LIKE BASEBALL. DON'T EVEN LIKE TENNIS. JUST LIKE GOLF. THAT MUST BE YOUR FATE. ONLY LIKING GOLF.

GO HAWKS

You once wrote this when the 'Hawks were, what was it...oh, down 2-1 in the Stanley Cup Final. Sound familiar? Your attitude shocks me, Ad. Tampa Bay is a really long way away from winning this series. I'm happy tonight, but thinking ahead to Game 4, Bishop's health scares me, and if the Lightning get caved at all like they did in the first period tonight, they won't escape it tied 1-1 again. The 'Hawks still scare me :censored: less, and the next game is at the UC. As much as I'd love a TB double in that building, the odds are pretty strong this goes back to Tampa 2-2, which is probably what everyone would have expected coming into this series.

spacer.png

C'mon, guys. You're supposed to chide me for surrender and jellyfishing, but here we are. I'm confused.

The playoffs are too damn long. We were bound to turn on each other. The only encouraging thing I can say is that we don't know what we're getting from this team game to game. I feel just like I did heading into game six against the Ducks. I wouldn't be surprised if they did like the Bulls after blowing game four - tucked their tales between their legs and calmly lost the next two. I also wouldn't be surprised if they won the next three games comfortably, as they did the last two against Anaheim.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The playoffs are too damn long. We were bound to turn on each other. The only encouraging thing I can say is that we don't know what we're getting from this team game to game. I feel just like I did heading into game six against the Ducks. I wouldn't be surprised if they did like the Bulls after blowing game four - tucked their tales between their legs and calmly lost the next two. I also wouldn't be surprised if they won the next three games comfortably, as they did the last two against Anaheim.

Same. I feel like I've written the Blackhawks off a couple times already this post-season and they inevitably stick it up my ass and cultivate victory in spite of some really lackluster prior games. I do have hope that they re-emerge, and it's not even a silly desperate hope. They do this crap a lot. It's how they got into this series in the first place.

Then I watch my TV and there's Patrick Sharp doing absolutely nothing. There's Bryan Bickell sucking the life out of his teammates with every second of his TOI. There's Patrick Kane listlessly swirling around, desperate for the breath of life to re-enter him. There's another crappy line change that leads to an odd-man rush. There's another dumbass penalty from a veteran player.

I'm not ready to say die on this series, which is contrary to everything I've posted or tweeted in the last couple hours, but it's going to make me feel so good to see a few of these guys off of the team in a few months.

twitter

I've having a really hard time seeing them get back into the series. They look so exhausted. If the series wasn't lost on Sharp's back-to-back penalties, it was when Tampa walked down the ice after a goal and scored. That's not what champions allow.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've having a really hard time seeing them get back into the series. They look so exhausted. If the series wasn't lost on Sharp's back-to-back penalties, it was when Tampa walked down the ice after a goal and scored. That's not what champions allow.

It feels very much like I'm watching a slightly more exciting version of the mid season blahs. Mistakes being made that aren't characteristic of a team that's zoned in on a title chase, and yeah part of me is curious if the desire is there, but there's still time for redemption.

twitter

Archived