Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a disgraceful performance. Toews and Kane were void, Sharp should be shot dead in the airport, defense was a shambling mess of boiling feces. Tampa got some weird deflections to go their way and the Blackhawks played terribly. Congrats to American Pharoah.

Lol random horse reference in the middle of a hockey rant XD

spacer.png

What a disgraceful performance. Toews and Kane were void, Sharp should be shot dead in the airport, defense was a shambling mess of boiling feces. Tampa got some weird deflections to go their way and the Blackhawks played terribly. Congrats to American Pharoah.

He was the only one I was rooting for that showed up on Saturday.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh, lots of Hawks showed up, but Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Crawford didn't. The confirmation bias of Toews always showing up for big games is getting annoying. Guy spent half the 2013 playoffs humping a couch pillow and no one seemed to care all that much. He's gonna settle into Eric Staaldom once he gets paid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, Sturm und Drang here both need to get their dicks knocked into the dirt, pronto.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Technically, it's at the end of a hockey rant.

Technically, it's at the end of a hockey rant.

Good point.

spacer.png

Yeah, Sturm und Drang here both need to get their dicks knocked into the dirt, pronto.

edit: I guess I'd rather just abstain from another pessimism circle jerk.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Would it not be fair to just open up 1 or 2 sections for away fans? Segregate them like they do in European soccer, make a cap on how many tickets are available, sell the lot of tickets in that section(s) to the Blackhawks, then they can sell them to STH or whoever online as a "travel pack." Both teams make money on it and that way the Hawks fans can still go to the game.

A section for away fans isn't a bad idea in theory, in fact that's what they do with hockey here in the UK. But I feel that it creates hostility between fans, especially when the biggest rivals are in town.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Would it not be fair to just open up 1 or 2 sections for away fans? Segregate them like they do in European soccer, make a cap on how many tickets are available, sell the lot of tickets in that section(s) to the Blackhawks, then they can sell them to STH or whoever online as a "travel pack." Both teams make money on it and that way the Hawks fans can still go to the game.

A section for away fans isn't a bad idea in theory, in fact that's what they do with hockey here in the UK. But I feel that it creates hostility between fans, especially when the biggest rivals are in town.

Yes, it's a good idea in theory, but it must be done right. We can't have a Hockey Hillsborough.

spacer.png

Yes, it's a good idea in theory, but it must be done right. We can't have a Hockey Hillsborough.
Wasn't Hillsborough not because of hooliganism/fighting, but because of too many Liverpool fans in the standing room section and the section was substandard?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Wasn't Hillsborough not because of hooliganism/fighting, but because of too many Liverpool fans in the standing room section and the section was substandard?

Exactly my point. If you are going to segregate opposing fans, y have to make sure they are up to par and that regard for human life takes priority over rivalries and such.

spacer.png

Yeah right. That post got 3 likes!

Well, some people are easily amused. No Blackhawks fans were even bitching about the starting times in terms of hampering their watching of the games. I (who did pretty much all of the arguing on this point) merely said that it's probably not in the league's best interest to start unopposed games so late and said that having playoff games regularly ending past 2 am EST was not helping the league at all. But I also said that there's nothing the league could realistically do to alleviate the problem, outside of the bit of relief that would come from starting the games at the same time that literally every other major pro sports league does. And then the Warriors hosted the game 1 of the NBA Finals at 6:00 local time on a Thursday. So yes. If you want to make that "Blackhawks fans are angry they had to stay up late" or whatever, feel free.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Do triple-overtime games happen often enough to consider that "regularly"?

Wasn't the game that started all the complaining hosted by a Pacific Time team at 6pm their time?

I seriously can't figure out your arguments.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived