Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Ducks vs. Blackhawks.

Go East.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I even bother reading the box score, cause I know how the movie is gonna end. Oh well. Minnesota will give them a little scare but it's up to Ducks World Order to silence them.

Furthermore, playoff time is always a good reminder that there's too many bars with TVs. I have very few options in the city if I want to go out somewhere the same night as a game and not be exposed to people hooting and hollering. You'd imagine in a city of 2.5 million, this wouldn't be an issue, but alas...

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Why do I even bother reading the box score, cause I know how the movie is gonna end. Oh well. Minnesota will give them a little scare but it's up to Ducks World Order to silence them.

Furthermore, playoff time is always a good reminder that there's too many bars with TVs. I have very few options in the city if I want to go out somewhere the same night as a game and not be exposed to people hooting and hollering. You'd imagine in a city of 2.5 million, this wouldn't be an issue, but alas...

Hating the Blackhawks really isn't working out for you. There's always space on the bandwagon. Hop up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hating the Blackhawks really isn't working out for you. There's always space on the bandwagon. Hop up.

e6ocuf.jpg

But no, really, it did for a while when I was in high school, I'm just dealing with the usual postseason fling. Ideally, I'd like to leave Chicago in 4-5 years, so once I leave here, it won't bother me nearly as much.

Anyways, getting back on topic, very nice recovery from New York thus far. Haven't caught much of the game being at work, but the stats make it look like another tight contest, so hopefully they can hang on.

EDIT: And they did! Hooray!

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

You're a Sharks fan, right? Why would you want the Ducks to win?

Kenny Albert does a fantastic job at identifying players, especially when compared to Mike Emrick. That is all.

Uh, yeah, no. That's the same guy who confused the 51 and 91 of Filppula and Stamkos multiple times Friday night. He also had issues with call other players the wrong name on both teams for most of the night.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Why do I even bother reading the box score, cause I know how the movie is gonna end. Oh well. Minnesota will give them a little scare but it's up to Ducks World Order to silence them. Furthermore, playoff time is always a good reminder that there's too many bars with TVs. I have very few options in the city if I want to go out somewhere the same night as a game and not be exposed to people hooting and hollering. You'd imagine in a city of 2.5 million, this wouldn't be an issue, but alas...

:censored: the Blackhawks.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

He gazed up at the enormous Indian Head. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath Joel Quenneville's dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved the Blackhawks.

You're a Sharks fan, right? Why would you want the Ducks to win?

At some point, you realize it's much like the voting process. I'm voting for the lesser of two evils.

Joel Quenneville has had an interesting coaching career.

Had those close-but-no-cigar Blues teams that for about 6 years, 3 years with some decent Colorado teams (Sandwiched a pair of first round upsets with the most points ever by a team to miss the playoffs until this year), was not the original Blackhawks coach for 2008-09 (Denis Savard), and has become one of the most decorated coaches in the sport.

Yeah, the only two coaches who have won more games than Quenneville are Scotty Bowman and Al Arbour. For whatever his faults may be, as frustrating as his quirky strategies can be, he always gets results. He's basically hockey's Tony La Russa, right down to the drunk driving.

Some 4th line magic to start Game 2. Jeff Petry, the guy filling in makes a statement by scoring the opening goal. 1-0 Habs.

Hopefully, the pace continues and we get a win. Last game was a heartbreaker.

Archived